PDA

View Full Version : Pike

Aulayna
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

Gogo!

Pike
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Way ahead of you. I screenshotted the process as well.

I THINK YOU ARE FORGETTING A COUPLE OF GAMES THERE, ZENIMAX.

The little status bar that told me my chances of getting into the beta went from "Average" to "Above Average" after I typed this in.

It occurs to me after the fact that I forgot to mention that I was a major MMO blogger at one point. Oh well. I just filled this out for kicks and giggles, my actual expectations for this game are about as low as you can get. :monster:

Loony BoB
01-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm half-tempted to apply for this Beta. I mean, I know I'll never have the time to play it with FFXIV beta opening up at around the same time, which means they will probably be released at similar times... it just won't work. But at the same time, I really, really, really want to explore through the world. I'm kind of hoping it sucks and ends up going F2P so I can just nip in, explore and then leave. It probably won't be that simple, though. :(

Pike
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Give it a year, it'll be like TOR and go F2P eventually.

Aulayna
01-22-2013, 04:45 PM
TBH I think MMO's should just go the Buy 2 Play model from the beginning now these days. Similar to GW2 and now TSW. You buy the box, get access to everything, then can purchase cosmetic changes and services like name changes etc for RL monies along with things like optional quest packs that aren't the same as major content patches but just little fun mini-adventures.

(SWTOR's F2P model is horrific)

Bolivar
01-24-2013, 07:37 AM
The trailer is unbelievable. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNT5cMwxw0)

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 09:03 AM
I actually felt the trailer was a massive letdown, with no gameplay and little to speak of in terms of environment. It was basically a bit of fighting and a standoff over six minutes. I think I've been watching Square Enix cinematics for too long. xD

NorthernChaosGod
01-24-2013, 09:17 AM
I applied. I just said I wanted to shout things off cliffs (whether it was other players or enemies) because that's the most fun I've had in a TES game and that got me to Above Average too. xD

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
I need to mess around with the application site sometime to put in the most absurd thing that gives me an above average chance.

Pike
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
I didn't like the trailer either. Mostly because it was too much ~generic fantasy~ and not enough TES.

Also Dunmer getting ruined, again, but that surprises no one.

Flaming Ice
01-24-2013, 02:57 PM
No golden saint summoning.......

Pike
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM

GOOD POINT

how is it even TES if you can't steal a Golden Saint's soul for nefarious purposes!?

Madame Adequate
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
I filled it out with a bunch of bullshit that let them know exactly what I think of this abominable travesty.

I hope Zenimax all die in a fire.

Bolivar
01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Well yeah, it doesn't tell us anything about the game at all, nor does it attempt to do a lot with the lore, just as an actioney cinematic piece of video it was pretty amazing.

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Well, I still thought it was meh. :monster: As I said in my last post, I've just been spoiled by Square Enix (and many others) in recent years. If you want to be great, you have to compete~

Bolivar
01-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Idk, that hooded guy dodging arrows, jumping around on bridges as they were being sent across and then taking out a group of dudes with the sound effects silenced was about as stylized as anything i've seen from square enix *shrugs*

Laddy
01-24-2013, 08:46 PM
I'm not looking forward to this.

Flaming Ice
01-24-2013, 10:52 PM

GOOD POINT

how is it even TES if you can't steal a Golden Saint's soul for nefarious purposes!?

I wonder what they're doing with summons anyways...They'll probably just have a limited list:| Ugly zombies but no beautiful women :cry:

Flaming Ice
01-24-2013, 10:53 PM
Well, I still thought it was meh. :monster: As I said in my last post, I've just been spoiled by Square Enix (and many others) in recent years. If you want to be great, you have to compete~
But it's just a....... trailer.......?

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 11:06 PM
But it's just a....... trailer.......?
Yeah, and I was comparing trailers, since Bolivar said it was a great trailer... :p

Araciel
01-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Eh I applied...

Loony BoB
01-26-2013, 12:27 PM
My application went from 'Above Average' to 'Excellent' the moment I entered a simple "My incredible eyebrows will leave you unable to resist." ;)

Raistlin
01-26-2013, 04:09 PM
...my actual expectations for this game are about as low as you can get. :monster:

I know, sad. :(

I'm half-tempted to apply just for fun, but I already have little enough time to play FFXIV.

Flaming Ice
01-27-2013, 03:02 AM
Yeah, and I was comparing trailers, since Bolivar said it was a great trailer... :p

It still looked good...:(