PDA

View Full Version : Nuzlocke memoirs/Gym Leader Hate

Red Mage Coffman
01-22-2013, 11:28 PM
So, I decided to start a Nuzlocke challenge on my Emerald Version. Everything is going real smooth, haven't lost one party member yet. The team...

Stills the Mudkip LVL 15
Lucy the Marill LVL 14
Robin the Taillow LVL 16
Hope the Poochyena LVL 13
Thresh the Whismur LVL 13

I walk into Brawly's gym. Take everyone out, approach Brawly, and prepare myself. FOR HIS FUCKING MAKUHITA OF DEATH.

Wipes my whole team due to a critical hit on my Taillow. Has to start game over.

Doing smooth, have an even better team than last time.

Din the Marshstomp LVL 16
Roll the Marill LVL 15
Suri the Dustox LVL 17
Hope the Whismur LVL 13
Nin-Nin the Nincada LVL 11
Peach the Shroomish LVL 16

I walked in, prepared myself to beat him, and had my hopes (And Hope) raped. He took out my only two winning chances by killing Marshstomp and Dustox.

So I had to start over. AGAIN.

I fucking HATE Brawly with a burning passion. HATE HIM.

Anyone have any bad experiences with some Gym Leaders? Bad Nuzlocke experiences? I just need to know that this isn't JUST happening to me.

qwertysaur
01-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Whitney. Unless you have a Geodude and/or get super lucky, you will have casualties from her Miltank. :(
You can skip Brawley until after grinding some more if you want.

Red Mage Coffman
01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
I finally beat him. I did realize I could skip him, but it was to late. He took out three members of my six team party. If it wasn't for my Beautifly, I woulda died so hard.

And dude. I know what you mean. Her Miltank has laid waste to the very foundations of my team before. I HATE her.

Polnareff
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Whitney. Goddamn, just.....Whitney. Especially in the Gold/Silver remake. Miltank's Rollout gets critical hits even on Pokes that it's not very effective against. If that wasn't bad enough, she also spams Milk Drink.

I remembered Sabrina being a pain in the ass to take down in Gen 1 because Psychic was overpowered originally.

TrollHunter
01-31-2013, 04:36 AM
In my emerald playthrough I basically swept brawly. I don't remember the setup I used, but I don't even think he killed one guy ^^

Quindiana Jones
01-31-2013, 06:51 PM
I still remember raging against Whitney the first few times I played Silver. I was so happy about her reaction when she lost. Gragh.