PDA

View Full Version : You know, that game that came with the FFVIII Demo!

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2013, 04:14 AM

Anyone else love this little lost gem of a game?

Shorty
01-23-2013, 05:00 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about that little chocobo game or something. Wrong!

I have never heard of this game.

maybee
01-23-2013, 05:52 AM
You got a game with the FF VIII demo ? I just got a whole load of FF VIII movies like Squall & Rinoa dancing.

Freya
01-23-2013, 06:16 AM
I freaking love brave fencer musashi! That was one of my favorite games to play on the PS1 it introduced me to the FF series on my own. I was like "whats' this demo?" and then the demo was awesome but then I tried VIII and hated it.... BUT THEN I tried IX and loved it :D

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2013, 06:16 AM
It came with Brave Fencer Musashi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_Fencer_Musashi)which was a 3D Action-RPG Platformer, with voice acting and a pretty quirky sense of humor.

Freya
01-23-2013, 06:21 AM
they should remake it for the DS or something.

black orb
01-23-2013, 07:30 AM
>>> Neat game, the blister-packed action figures was the best idea ever..:luca:

Red Mage Coffman
01-23-2013, 04:20 PM
I've only ever seen this and thought, "This looks cool."

Other than that, I've never thought about it. I'm curious now though :D

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2013, 05:08 PM
PcvjwB9ILac

-XTZoin03p8

Citizen Bleys
01-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Wow, whoever translated that screenshot was an idiot. "Doth hath" seriously?

Also that thou should be a thee. Doesn't anyone know the difference between nominative and genitive case anymore?

CREATOR!
TIMELORD AND LANDSIRE!
DID YOU INTEND
THAT BEAUTY AND TRUTH PASS UTTERLY FROM THE LAND?

Freya
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
It's the way that one guy talks bleys! He just adds thou and thee and hath and blah blah. It's his character.

Jowy
01-23-2013, 09:03 PM
The universe never wanted me to have this game for a long period of time. I rented it once from Hollywood Video and it fell out of my coat into the snow when I walked home. I thought I wouldn't be allowed to rent from there anymore and I was heartbroken. Thankfully the manager just let it slide and was really cool about it. I eventually got my own copy and played through it. The only six foot two kid in eighth grade also wanted it so I caved and gave it up due to possible bodily injuries.

I don't remember much aside from the boss fights being extremely fun and the one sword ability you can absorb from Kojiro being overpowered as hell for the entire rest of the game.

maybee
01-24-2013, 07:38 AM
Oh my gosh ! I really want to play this game now. :love:

Doubt it's on the PSN network though, huh ? )=

Mirage
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
The universe never wanted me to have this game for a long period of time. I rented it once from Hollywood Video and it fell out of my coat into the snow when I walked home. I thought I wouldn't be allowed to rent from there anymore and I was heartbroken. Thankfully the manager just let it slide and was really cool about it. I eventually got my own copy and played through it. The only six foot two kid in eighth grade also wanted it so I caved and gave it up due to possible bodily injuries.

I don't remember much aside from the boss fights being extremely fun and the one sword ability you can absorb from Kojiro being overpowered as hell for the entire rest of the game.

whoa you seriously gave something away because someone threatened to kick your ass?

I would have taken the beating instead. Then again, I was a 6'2" eight-grader.

Skyblade
01-25-2013, 08:57 PM

whoa you seriously gave something away because someone threatened to kick your ass?

And now we know who got Jowy's copy. ;)

Jowy
01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
Dude I was short and stout at the time. Plus I still talk to the guy once in a while. We're squaresies now and he feels bad about it to this day. People change!

krissy
01-26-2013, 12:32 AM
that's funny

i gave my brave fencer musashi demo (amazin btw) to a shorter friend i could've totally taken

he never gave it back

we don't talk anymore

it's like the inverse of jowy's story

DMKA
01-27-2013, 12:53 AM
If I remember correctly, there was a demo of Brave Fencer Musashi on that "Collector's Disc" that came with the original release of Parasite Eve. It allowed you to play through some little mission and fight a big steam robot boss.

It was a fun demo that I played through countless times. I never played the full game though.

Mirage
01-27-2013, 01:08 AM

And now we know who got Jowy's copy. ;)

I've never played any of the musashi games. :(

Tigmafuzz
01-27-2013, 04:22 AM
I played Brave Fencer Musashi before I played FFVIII... I didn't even know it came with the demo :(