PDA

View Full Version : Come Dine With Me - EoFF Edition!

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Lets play a game, lets play a dinner party game. The rules are as follows;

1. You're allowed 4 EoFF members at your dinner party and 4 only - Who do you pick and why?
2. You must make a meal consisting of 3 courses - What are you cooking?

My Guests

1. GoldenBoko - Cos I think he's an awesome chap and hilarious when drunk so... I'd get him plied.
2. Miriel - Because at first I was like helll noooooo! there's no way my food could compare to hers, but then you know, I like a challenge!
3. Shion - I just love her, and I think she'd be a great guest!
4. Parker - Because he needs to stop eating Fray Bentos!

My Dinner!

Starter
Nachos with Homemade Salsa, Guacamole and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Main
Slow Cooked Chilli Con Carne with Corn Tortillas
Dessert
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Torte with Vanilla Cream Ice Cream

Cuchulainn
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Pike, MILF, Manus, Amy, Julian, Alice, Shorty, Rantz, Shiney, FOA, Clo, Tifatis. Probably the only members here I could see myself getting past the starter without stabbing them in the face with the cutlary. Of that only one or 2 would make it to dessert. One would probably make it out the door, but only to serve as a warning to others.

Loony BoB
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM
No matter how I play this out in my head, I'm always simply inviting my best mates over and ordering in. xD

So, realistically: Danielle, Dan, Lev, Nicky. We order from Palmyra's Pizza and eat chicken shawarma. No need for starters because the shawarma wraps are massive from Palmyra's Pizza, but if we have to then a garlic bread will do. Dessert is obviously ice cream or whatever else we can find in our freezer.

Alternative groups to stop it being just my closest friends...
1. Rocket Edge, DK, Psychotic, Heath. They know why.
2. Rinoabella, Miriel, Shlup, Chris. They seem like a pretty cool grouping of people that can appreciate variation in their food, and if by any chance there is the possibility that I will get to eat at their places, then I am certainly heading towards some incredible meals. :D
3. Aulayna, Laddy, Quinter Wonderland, Sephex. Four people I don't really know well on a personal level but wouldn't mind doing so. In some case I've known a lot about them for years but still don't really know them enough to... you know... know them. :p
4. NeoCracker, Wolf Kanno, Shoeberto, Pike. Gaming conversation to fill my evening, something I'd never pass up on. :D

As for the home cooking, uh... I struggle here unless it involves stir fry. So it'll be stir fry based.

Starter: Garlic bread. I don't care if it requires zero cooking skill when you buy them from the co-op and shove them in the oven, they still taste bloody good.
Main: Stir fry. I'm talkin' carrot, broccoli, sugar snap peas, baby corn, noodles and... we'll say Szechuan sauce. Our stir fries are always good, we had a friend drooling over some we made on Monday, she was saying that whenever she needs good food she has to come to our place. >=]
Dessert: I don't do desserts, really, it's not something I've ever done as all the desserts I've ever 'made' were already made for me. The closest I can come up with is apple & custard, so that will have to do. Do these foods suit each other? Probably not.

theundeadhero
01-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Unbanned various second accounts of mine from past EOFF events.

Mac N Cheese

Chris
01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
I have actually dreamt of this!

Guests:

Shorty
Foa
Formalhaut
Shlup

Dinner

Starter

Stuffed shrimps with a spicy avocado puree and fried sweet potato fritters.

Main

Hmm, duck dumplings served in a broth with various of vegetables.

Dessert

A delicious cheese cake ice cream, and steamed rice cakes with grated cheese and butter.

Faris
01-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Guests

Turkey
Iceberg lettuce
Honeydew Mellon
Coffee

Dinner

Starter: Delicious Lockharted soup.

Entrée: Juicy Cuch beef cake with a side of Goldenboko mashed Loony BoB and Happy Noodle Boy

Dessert: Chocolate Psychotic with a DK on top

Beverage: The Summoner of Leviathan is always excellent for keeping hydrated but I also recommend the Formalhaut

DK
01-23-2013, 02:02 PM
For the record, there actually was a former EoFF member on come dine with me once, and it was probably the most uncomfortable I've ever felt watching a television show. Just screaming at the TV "No, no jesus no why are you doing that". Eventually I had to turn it off, I was too embarrased for them.

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
For the record, there actually was a former EoFF member on come dine with me once, and it was probably the most uncomfortable I've ever felt watching a television show. Just screaming at the TV "No, no jesus no why are you doing that". Eventually I had to turn it off, I was too embarrased for them.

I heard about this. I'd love to see it. Like, proper LOVE to see it hahaha!

DK
01-23-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm pretty sure it's on 4oD on jewtube you know xD Let me see if I can find it.

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure it's on 4oD on jewtube you know xD Let me see if I can find it.

Excellent! I'll have to watch it tonight!

Formalhaut
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Great idea Locky! But you've all forgotten a key part of any CDWM party: The entertainment!

The Guests

Chris
White Wizard of Fynn
Lockharted
Faris

The Party

The Starter
Ceaser Salad, with Croutons, olive oil, black pepper etc.
The Entertainment
A Wii Tournament session, with Mario Kart, Just Dance. Simple fun.
The Main Course
Rib-Eye Steak Served With Chips, Portobello Mushrooms And Seasonal Vegetables
The Dessert
Triple Chocolate Chilli Fudge Brownies, with Homemade Ice Cream

Shauna
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
That is amazing. If I know the EoFFer in question, I will so watch. And then inevitably have to stop because it's awkward.

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Great idea Locky! But you've all forgotten a key part of any CDWM party: The entertainment!

I think being in my company is entertainment enough :D

DK
01-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Well I had a look on jewtube and it seems like they took it down :( Doesn't appear to be anywhere on the internet at all which is a shame, because it was funny despite being awfully embarrassing. Tho, it's episode 87 of series 25 if anyone cba to look for it themselves. I found that much. :redface:

NeoCracker
01-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I'd have the Uber Nerd group.

Wolf Kanno, Ultima Shadow, and Proto.

Sure, Proto's nerd/geek credentials may not be as up to snuff as the rest of us at the dinner table, but......
He........

Anyway!

Food: Whatever the hell they order for themselves at IHOP. Like I'm cooking food for these fuckers.

Loony BoB
01-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Well I had a look on jewtube and it seems like they took it down :( Doesn't appear to be anywhere on the internet at all which is a shame, because it was funny despite being awfully embarrassing. Tho, it's episode 87 of series 25 if anyone cba to look for it themselves. I found that much. :redface:
You sure? Wikipedia has her in episodes 91-95 (of the same series).

NeoCracker
01-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Also BoB, I'm sure if you had me for a night of game conversation, it would be 80% me explaining to you why you are wrong about everything. ;P

DK
01-23-2013, 02:39 PM
Oh you're right. Well i've seen it listed as that and as 87. Either way it's not on jewtube anymore so I cba to find it but there's the info for anyone who wants to look I guess :redface:

Loony BoB
01-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Also BoB, I'm sure if you had me for a night of game conversation, it would be 80% me explaining to you why you are wrong about everything. ;P
This is why I invite more people than just you. :monster:

NeoCracker
01-23-2013, 03:22 PM
I'll just have to make sure an 'accident' prevents them from making it then.

The poor souls. :(

Cuchulainn
01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Someone on where was on Come Dine With Me and I have not insulted them yet I've dropped a ball here...I've become complacent

Jowy
01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Why the hell do we not have this show in America? It sounds pretty classy.

Citizen Bleys
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Why the hell do we not have this show in America? It sounds pretty classy.

You just answered your own question.

EDIT: I suppose I should answer, too. Stealing Fomal's format:

The Guests

Quin
Hux
Tigmafuzz
Jowy

The Party

The Starter
Gin
The Entertainment
MST3K'ing Back to the Future Part I, while drinking more gin.
The Main Course
Bacon sandwiches and more gin
The Dessert
More gin

Shorty
01-23-2013, 07:53 PM
The Guests

krissy
Denmark
Jowy
Ouch!

The Party

The Starter
Spinach Dip and garlic bread
The Entertainment
Various episodes of Archer, Aqua Teen and Arrested Development
The Main Course
Pot roast, Cobb style - including gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet corn and more bread
The Dessert
Peach Delight - graham cracker crust, cream cheese & dreamwhip, peaches & peach jello

qwertysaur
01-23-2013, 08:00 PM
:save:The guests:save:
Miriel
Del Murder (by having both of them come then Charlie can come too :bigsmile:)
Jiro
Yar

:save:The First Course:save:
Matzoh Ball Soup and Challah bread. Charlie gets some sliced cheese.

:save:The entertainment:save:
Dokapon Kingdom. :bigsmile: Charlie will be given some toys to play with and a nice pillow if he wants.

:save:The main course:save:
Chicken Cutlets with a side of Rice and Noodles (a recipe my Grandma invented) and seasonal salad/vegetables. For charlie some unbreaded chicken sauteed with some rice.

More Dokapon Kingdom because the game is just starting

:save:Dessert:save:
Homemade chocolate chip cookies, red velvet cake, and vanilla ice cream. Charlie can have some of the ice cream.

Finally finish playing Dokapon Kingdom. That game can take hours.

Yar
01-23-2013, 08:31 PM
qwerty I still need to come over for Passover :o

Formalhaut
01-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Stealing Fomal's format

Blast. Should have copyrighted it :frust:

Cuchulainn
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Actually I foprgot to include my dear Wesley, He'd be first to go at the dinner party, naturally, but by jove he'd be there.

Chris
01-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Why can't we all just have one big EoFF Dinner Party? Instead of these selective, erm.. selections? I'd gladly cook for all of you.

Jowy
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
No girls allowed edition:

<center><b>Guests:</b><br>Araciel<br>Jiro<br>Takkun<br>Bleys</center>

<b>Appetizer!</b><br>Chips, salsa, and beer.

<b>Entertainment!</b><br>Mario Tennis with four controllers, Trivial Pursuit, and bad sci-fi movies on Netflix.

<b>Main Course!</b><br>Double-crunch chicken, braised baby back ribs, fresh green beans, and mashed red potatoes with the delicious skins left on.

<b>Dessert!</b><br>Partially thawed Pepperidge Farm cake and two boxes of Samoas.

Formalhaut
01-23-2013, 10:57 PM

<center>Guests:
Araciel
Jiro
Takkun
Bleys</center>

Appetizer!
Chips, salsa, and beer.

Entertainment!
Mario Tennis with four controllers, Trivial Pursuit, and bad sci-fi movies on Netflix.

Main Course!
Double-crunch chicken, braised baby back ribs, fresh green beans, and mashed red potatoes with the delicious skins left on.

Dessert!
Partially thawed Pepperidge Farm cake and two boxes of Samoas.

Take out the alcohol and that actually sounds very good!

Jowy
01-23-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm a great host.

Miriel
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
I wish this were real because I would love to come to all your dinner parties and eat delicious food and hang out.

For charlie some unbreaded chicken sauteed with some rice.

Ahhh, that is too sweet. :love:

fire_of_avalon
01-24-2013, 03:41 AM
Pike, MILF, Manus, Amy, Julian, Alice, Shorty, Rantz, Shiney, FOA, Clo, Tifatis. Probably the only members here I could see myself getting past the starter without stabbing them in the face with the cutlary. Of that only one or 2 would make it to dessert. One would probably make it out the door, but only to serve as a warning to others.
It's been nice knowing all of you. I'll tell your stories with extreme attention to detail.

<center>Guests:
Araciel
Jiro
Takkun
Bleys</center>

Appetizer!
Chips, salsa, and beer.

Entertainment!
Mario Tennis with four controllers, Trivial Pursuit, and bad sci-fi movies on Netflix.

Main Course!
Double-crunch chicken, braised baby back ribs, fresh green beans, and mashed red potatoes with the delicious skins left on.

Dessert!
Partially thawed Pepperidge Farm cake and two boxes of Samoas.

Oh I am crashing the hell out of that party.

Faris
01-24-2013, 03:45 AM
Why can't we all just have one big EoFF Dinner Party? Instead of these selective, erm.. selections? I'd gladly cook all of you.

Fixed.

Flaming Ice
01-24-2013, 04:01 AM
Why can't we all just have one big EoFF Dinner Party? Instead of these selective, erm.. selections? I'd gladly cook all of you.

Fixed.

Eh? I want to be served raw :colbert:

boris no no
01-24-2013, 09:51 AM

*waves*

For the record about 85% was me being told what to say! haha I made a huge fool of myself and dragged all nerds down with me (also, it was filmed 2 years, TWO YEARS before it was actually aired).:eep:

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh, if we're adding in entertainment, I have this covered with no problems. For parties of 4-5, I tend to go for Gauntlet and Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (I have a multitap for the PS2), although I also have L4D, L4D2, Halo 3 and probably a few more games which can handle four players. We should be covered for good laughs and our flat is never without a variety of available alcoholic drinks (normally we have vodka, Southern Comfort, wine and a few other things for cocktails which Danielle loves making).

When we are drunk enough, karaoke may commence depending on who is there.

Pike
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Guests: Whoever wants to show up.

Dinner: Pizza and Mountain Dew.

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Every time I read 'Come Dine With Me' I get Frank singing "Come dine with me, come dine, let's dine away~" in my head.

Parker
01-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Starter:
Asparagus wrapped in ham w/ poached eggs
Main:
Home-made steak pies (not from a can) w/ mash and green peas or something
Dessert:
freshly-baked madeleines with chocolate dip.

I'm not really sure I can pick 4 specific people to invite over, I'd welcome anyone...but I think maybe shauna and locky in particular just so I can prove I don't just eat Fray Bentos and faggots.

Psychotic
01-24-2013, 05:41 PM
*waves*

For the record about 85% was me being told what to say! haha I made a huge fool of myself and dragged all nerds down with me (also, it was filmed 2 years, TWO YEARS before it was actually aired).:eep:How much would I have to pay you to come and do the Hippoopo dance naked for my good buddy Iceglow?

Faris
01-24-2013, 09:17 PM

Fixed.

Eh? I want to be served raw :colbert:

I'd like some Flaming Ice Sushi, Chef Chris.

Jowy
01-25-2013, 12:31 AM
Oh I am crashing the hell out of that party.

You wouldn't have to crash. I always make sure there's food for an extra guest if they show up!

Agent Proto
01-25-2013, 01:26 AM
Guests:
I don't know who my guests will be! Maybe I could invite the following.
Jowy
Takkun
Lonely Paper Star
Lockharted

Takkun and Lonely Paper Star are my fellow Filipino food enthuists, and Jowy and Locky are joining in.

Starter:
Lumpia or Sushi (Pick one or the other! Can't have both!)
http://edelalon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/lumpia2.jpg

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/02/55/eb/68/yakuza-sushi-bar.jpg

Main:
Filipino style spaghetti
http://ubiquitouscravings.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/img_0302.jpg

Dessert:
Filipino style fruit salad.
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/19/1510/320/Fruit%20Salad.jpg

Entertainment:
It's not a party without some karaoke. (ugh)

Loony BoB
01-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Oh man, I need to learn how to make sushi someday.

Bubba
01-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Guests: I would take any select four UK-based EOFF members to make travel arrangements as simple as possible.

Starter: Sea Bass with avocado and mango
Main: Stuffed Peppers with lean mince, courgette, tomatoes and garlic
Dessert: Chocolate ravioli with home-made ice cream

Entertainment: I would show re-runs of Fun House with Pat Sharp and of course, the twins...

Night Fury
01-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Guests: I would take any select four UK-based EOFF members to make travel arrangements as simple as possible.

Starter: Sea Bass with avocado and mango
Main: Stuffed Peppers with lean mince, courgette, tomatoes and garlic
Dessert: Chocolate ravioli with home-made ice cream

Entertainment: I would show re-runs of Fun House with Pat Sharp and of course, the twins...

Chocolate ravioli?

Right. I'm in. I'm coming down this weekend to eat as much of whatever that is as I possibly can.

Bubba
01-28-2013, 04:29 PM
It is truly divine.

You just mix the pasta dough with cocoa powder and sugar and you can fill them with pretty much whatever you want...

Mmmm... I want some now!

Shauna
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Man, that sounds awesome.

Flaming Ice
01-29-2013, 04:39 PM
I'd like some Flaming Ice Sushi, Chef Chris.

*jumps in a bath of marinade*