PDA

View Full Version : Truckload of awesome Wii U stuff announced at Nintendo Direct

NinjaCoachZ
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Nintendo Direct - 01.23.2013 (http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/01-23-2013/)

Here's a summary of what was announced (spoilered in case you want to watch the video and see for yourself):

-Yoshi's Island U
-Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei (!!)
-X, a new game by Monolith Soft
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD remake (ohgodyes)
-News on Zelda, Smash Bros., and 3D Mario at E3

Needless to say, I nearly fainted. Considering this plus the 3DS's strong list of upcoming games, this is going to be a very, very good year for Nintendo.

NeoCracker
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh god fucking dammit I need a Wii U now. :(

qwertysaur
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
-Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei (!!)

:kaoclove::kaoclove::kaoclove:

Elite Lord Sigma
01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Well, I know what console I'm saving up for next.

I have almost no exposure to Shin Megami Tensei, but anybody who knows me can tell you that I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan. So, I'm looking forward to that.

Also, my cousin told me about the new Zelda, but a remake of the game that's only below Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in my book? Yes, please!

Ouch!
01-23-2013, 06:18 PM
I literally just told my girlfriend last night that I had no interest in the Wii U until there was a Zelda title for it, and I wake up to announcements for two Zelda titles? Fuck.

Sephex
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
I literally just told my girlfriend last night that I had no interest in the Wii U until there was a Zelda title for it, and I wake up to announcements for two Zelda titles? Fuck.

They're following you! RUN!!!

TrollHunter
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh.... Oh my

Edge7
01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that we've seen more from a Wind Waker HD remake than FFX :roll2?

Snarkiness aside, while I can't say I've been excited for Fire Emblem the past few years, I'm curious to see how this crossover will turn out. That, and it'll always be nice to see the Lycian Lords again (both generations). Xenogearblades looks fantastic, I should really pick up that copy of Xenoblade my brother hasn't bothered to play. Maybe after I beat Metroid Prime.

I'm glad Aonuma's trying to redefine Zelda. I've become sick of the standard formula to the point that the only games I can even bother to replay are Wind Waker (I'm one of the few who found ocean travel and the triforce quest to be a breath of fresh air), Majora's Mask, Adventure of Link, and any of the gameboy color titles. (Note, I still have yet to play the original).

Bolivar
01-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Been getting bits and pieces over twitter as it happened this morning, sounds like a lot of really great projects. The only thing tempering it is they kinda pulled the same thing at E3 2010 for the 3DS and then totally did not live up to it.

Del Murder
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
All of those actually sound really cool. Wonder what X will be.

Aulayna
01-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Welp, looks like I'll be getting a Wii U.

Fynn
01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
-Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei.

What. :eek:

Never played Fire Emblem before, but this might just make my try. I'm sold.

Wolf Kanno
01-24-2013, 05:25 AM
Damn it all to hell! I was not really looking at buying new console but that trailer for the new Monolith Soft game looked great, though I miss the more colorful anime art style of Xenoblade over the more realistic FFXIII style in the trailer but I can pilot a giant robot in a Xenoblade style world so I will just suck it up and deal with it.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem sounds like an odd crossover, I'll wait to see gameplay footage for that. Zelda is always a hit for me, even if Skyward Sword had more issues than I was comfortable with.

Looks like a Wii U is in my future... when all of these games have an official NA release date...

Fynn
01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Damn it all to hell! I was not really looking at buying new console but that trailer for the new Monolith Soft game looked great, though I miss the more colorful anime art style of Xenoblade over the more realistic FFXIII style in the trailer but I can pilot a giant robot in a Xenoblade style world so I will just suck it up and
Dude, I just saw the trailer. And that is totally a Xenonlade sequel. Even the user interface is nearly identical! This is a dream come true! A sequel (or at least successor of some sort) to the greatest game in existence! WANT!

Madame Adequate
01-24-2013, 05:24 PM
Nintendo is doomed.

Shauna
01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
I'm not hugely "NEED DIS" about anything. Mr Shauna, however, saw the Wind Waker HD remake, commented on how ugly it looked and said he'll be picking it up anyway.

I knew I'd be getting a WiiU at some point - Bayonetta2plz - so probably just gonna see it earlier than expected.

Del Murder
01-25-2013, 05:58 AM
X is Xenoblade 2? Well, that settles that.

Fynn
01-25-2013, 12:45 PM
X is Xenoblade 2? Well, that settles that.

Who know? Looks like it, but let's not count our chickens.

NeoCracker
01-25-2013, 12:46 PM
I don't think it'll be a direct sequel or anything, just based of similar mechanics. :p

Polnareff
01-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Only the new Smash Bros., Yoshi, and FExSMT interest me out of all those games. I have no idea why they want to remake Wind Waker. :eep:

NinjaCoachZ
01-25-2013, 05:42 PM
Only the new Smash Bros., Yoshi, and FExSMT interest me out of all those games. I have no idea why they want to remake Wind Waker. :eep:

Because Wind Waker is one of the best Zeldas ever? ^_^

For a more practical reason, remaking WW first is the same reason why practically every PS3 HD collection is of a PS2 rather than PS1 game; GCN technology is most likely closer to the Wii U than the N64, so they probably don't have to do it from the ground-up. Plus, WW is 10 years old by now; if they did Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword, it'd feel like double-dipping.

Fynn
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
I don't think it'll be a direct sequel or anything, just based of similar mechanics. :p

I dunno man. The world looks strikingly similar to what the Xenoblade world look like at the end of the game.