PDA

View Full Version : i seriously hate beers

Shoeberto
01-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Just KIDDING ya DINGUS.

What's the worst beer you ever had?

Shauna
01-23-2013, 04:55 PM
All beer is pretty bad. I have tried many - ones that people tell me taste pretty awesome, to the ones people say to avoid - and they all just taste bad.

I am told, however, that I just need to drink them, and I'll become accustomed to the taste and will join the ranks of beer drinkers.

Tigmafuzz
01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Coors and Bud are both pretty shit. Shiner Bock is good though.

Futan
01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
All light beer is awful. But worst would probably be Coors.

Slothy
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Coors and Bud are both pretty shit. Shiner Bock is good though.

It's just too easy to pick on stuff like Coors and Bud to be honest. Everyone knows they're terrible so it's like picking low hanging fruit. I went through a bit of a try pretty much everything I've never had in the liquor store phase over the course of several months a while back though. Worst thing I had of the whole lot was some Old Speckled Hen. Shame really since the name is pretty cool. But books and covers and all that.

Sephex
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
I am unrealistically picky when it comes to beer. That's why I mainly stick to hard liquor like any self respecting alcoholic.

Jowy
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
<a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/pennsylvania-style-lager/80560/>this is three dollars a six pack</a>. Curiosity got the better of me...finishing one can was punishing enough. It isn't even brewed in Pennsylvania!

Chris
01-23-2013, 05:32 PM
The horrendeous smell alone, is enough to knock me out. Who invented this horrible thing? Not good for drinking. Not good for cooking. Not good for nothing.

qwertysaur
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
The horrendeous smell alone, is enough to knock me out. Who invented this horrible thing? Not good for drinking. Not good for cooking. Not good for nothing.
Beer battering works very well though. :quina:

Shoeberto
01-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Steel Reserve for me btw. I've had it twice and both times it was bad times.

Citizen Bleys
01-23-2013, 05:34 PM
American beer. It's like making love in a canoe.

Chris
01-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Beer battering works very well though. :quina:
Hmm, I guess the beer battering I used for my pork chops was okay.

Tigmafuzz
01-23-2013, 05:52 PM

Because they're both close to fucking water :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
01-23-2013, 06:05 PM
American beers are too watery but I've had some european beers that had a flavor far worse than watery beer.

Yar
01-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Basically anything that was at any party thrown by someone else at my home university.

I fucking hate my school and everyone that goes there. :mad2: If you're going to make some bad decisions at a party I guess buying Bud Light should be the the first one?

Citizen Bleys
01-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Because they're both close to smurfing water :bigsmile:

It's "fucking close to water," as in copulating in near proximity to water. What you said parses out to "almost compulating with the water itself."

Old Manus
01-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Worst thing I had of the whole lot was some Old Speckled Hen. You shut your whore mouth :colbert: Old Speckled Hen is gorgeous (though it does taste pretty strong I do give you that)

Slothy
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Worst thing I had of the whole lot was some Old Speckled Hen. You shut your whore mouth :colbert: Old Speckled Hen is gorgeous (though it does taste pretty strong I do give you that)

What I had tasted anything but strong.

I will gladly assume, however, that whatever found it's way to Canada (or just as likely may have actually been brewed in Canada) wasn't even close to what you guys may have access too.

Shorty
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
1. Kokanee
2. PBR
3. Every beer ever sold in Utah, because they regulate the alcoholic content down to 3.2% instead of 4-6% like the rest of the smurfing world. Essentially, all beer in Utah is watered down.

Slothy
01-23-2013, 07:21 PM
3.2%? Isn't that the shit they sell in grocery stores for the recovering alcoholics?

Shorty
01-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Is that a thing, really? Whatever it is, it is done to every single beer that enters the state as a special requirement for it to be sold there.

Slothy
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Is that a thing, really? Whatever it is, it is done to every single beer that enters the state as a special requirement for it to be sold there.

There's non-alcoholic beer which I see around. I can't remember what the limit is but it's something like 0.2%. Probably even lower but I don't care enough to google it. I like the taste of beer, but even I don't see the point of non-alcoholic stuff.

Citizen Bleys
01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Essentially, all beer in the United States of America is watered down.

FTFY

Shorty
01-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Probably more accurate, yeah.

Denmark
01-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Essentially, all beer in the United States of America is watered down.

FTFY

i'm not a beer expert but this is wrong

this is just one of many craft beers that serves as a counterexample (http://www.ommegang.com/#!beer_three)

anyway i will respond to the thread by saying blue moon. let the hatestorm commence

NorthernChaosGod
01-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Anyone making fun of Bud/Coors/Miller clearly has never tried PBR, Steel Reserve, or any of the trout that comes almost exclusively in 40s.

Anyone making fun of American beer as a whole is a moron.

That said, Steel Reserve is pretty fucking awful.

Shorty
01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
dammit rob, I like Blue Moon!

I've never had Steel Reserve, but I'm glad someone agrees with me about PBR. Having said that, Coors/Miller/Bud is not that much better, and is only an improvement by a very tiny fraction.

Chris
01-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Denmark is the home of Carlsberg and Tuborg.

http://d54ha93qrghds.cloudfront.net/variant/small/blank/sw_flagdenmark_color_4.jpg

Citizen Bleys
01-23-2013, 09:35 PM

You just called Eric Idle a moron.

Shlup
01-23-2013, 09:51 PM
After spending my teen years forcing beers down my throat for the sole purpose of getting drunk because I was sO CoOoL, I can't stand beer as an adult. It tastes like high school.

Jowy
01-23-2013, 09:58 PM
Love PBR, don't even care about your plebby tastebuds. 40s of Hurricane are the same price as Steel Reserve and that is at least drinkable. Steel Reserve drunk is the lowest possible form of drunk.

Raistlin
01-23-2013, 11:50 PM
I can actually tolerate most crappy cheap beers. Despite being a wussy drinker in general, I don't really mind Coors Light, PBR, etc.

But I can't stand Natty Light. That was the only thing served at a lot of frat parties in college (before I could buy my own alcohol), and it was gross.

Miriel
01-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Beer is seriously so disgusting to me. The only beer-y drink that I've ever liked was Floris Apple Ale and that's only because it tasted like apple cider. In which case, why spend $9 on a glass of the ale when you can get like 4 BOTTLES of apple cider?

The history of beer (http://www.amazon.com/History-World-6-Glasses/dp/0802715524) is interesting though.

Tigmafuzz
01-24-2013, 02:03 AM

It's "smurfing close to water," as in copulating in near proximity to water. What you said parses out to "almost compulating with the water itself."

...Is that any less fun?

Mirage
01-24-2013, 02:06 AM
All beers except wheat beers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_beer). Those are seriously the only beers I actually enjoy drinking.

Citizen Bleys
01-24-2013, 03:00 AM

It's "smurfing close to water," as in copulating in near proximity to water. What you said parses out to "almost compulating with the water itself."

...Is that any less fun?

One moment while I attempt to copulate with water.

Yes.

fire_of_avalon
01-24-2013, 03:06 AM
I am not a beer snob. If you give it to me chances are I will drink it.

Faris
01-24-2013, 03:07 AM
TASTE BAD :quina:

NorthernChaosGod
01-24-2013, 08:13 AM

You just called Eric Idle a moron.

What of it. :colbert:

Pike
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I can't stand the taste of beer in general. Girly fruity drinks erry day.

Pumpkin
01-24-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't mind beer and I'll drink it if it's there, but if I have a choice between that and a different kind of alcohol, chances are beer is going to lose out.

Worst beer I've ever tasted? Corona. I tried it when I was 14 and spat it out because it was so bad and then I went back at about 18, thinking it couldn't possibly be as bad as I remembered and that I was going to get through a whole bottle and my gosh it was terrible. I couldn't drink it without shaking.

NeoCracker
01-24-2013, 06:08 PM

You TOTALLY need to try the Almost Fail me and my buddy made! :D

We dubbed it the Almost Fail ourselves. :p

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2013, 08:05 AM

There's fruity beer.

Shoeberto
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't mind beer and I'll drink it if it's there, but if I have a choice between that and a different kind of alcohol, chances are beer is going to lose out.

Worst beer I've ever tasted? Corona. I tried it when I was 14 and spat it out because it was so bad and then I went back at about 18, thinking it couldn't possibly be as bad as I remembered and that I was going to get through a whole bottle and my gosh it was terrible. I couldn't drink it without shaking.
Interesting. I don't really know many people I've met who don't like Corona. Usually it's what people go to when they don't like other beers, especially with lime.

There's fruity beer.
And it's usually not very good!

Parker
01-25-2013, 03:59 PM
asda smartprice lager is the worst thing i've put in my mouth

Shoeberto
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
I want a Corona now.

Sounds like it's gonna be a martini lunch for me!

Ouch!
01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
For a drinking game to the remake of Dawn of the Dead, I got a 40 oz. of a stout cider. It had massive alcohol content. I enjoy stouts. I enjoy ciders. I thought that this would be a good experience. It was not.

I do not like most mass-produced American beer.

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2013, 01:12 AM
There's fruity beer.
And it's usually not very good!
Well you see...

I want a Corona now.
Oh, you like Corona. Go away.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
This was years ago, so I don't have recent experience, but I loved the Old Speckled Hen that I tried.

I agree most large scale American beers are crap, but I think most large scale beers in general are crap. Becks, Heineken, Tecate, Carling, Fosters I'm looking at you. Sapporo and Asahi I'll have on occasion, but they're at best unremarkable.

There's plenty of smaller American breweries that make great tasting beers in a lot of varieties.

Some crappy/cheaper beers I still like are; Yuengling, Red Stripe, and Negro Modelo, New Castle, and Bass.

I enjoy Xinghu, Hobgoblin, Guinness, Boddingtons, Shiner Bock, Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, Highland Oatmeal Porter. There's others I'm forgetting.

As for beer I can't stand, so far all wheat beers are disgusting. The after taste is repulsive. The only one I could finish was Carolina Blonde because it was very light.

Raistlin
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Some crappy/cheaper beers I still like are; Yuengling...

I went to college in Pennsylvania, so I practically have Yuengling in my blood. It's one of my preferred cheap beers, and I'll still buy it sometimes.

blackmage_nuke
02-01-2013, 03:23 AM
I only really like Tooheys Old but if anyone offers me a free beer I'll take it.

DMKA
02-01-2013, 04:54 AM
All beer is disgusting.

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2013, 05:54 AM
All beer is disgusting.

Get out.

Cloudane
02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
*sees title, grabs pitchfork*

*enters thread, puts it down again*

English microbrews. The sheer number and diversity of them is absolutely astounding, there are thousands (probably tens of thousands) of different ales and like snowflakes each one is unique. I have never drank one beer from one brewery and thought "that tastes exactly like soandso beer from otherbrewery" and that is amazing.

Pale, refreshing ales are where it's at. Hoppy, but not "make your arse pucker" hoppy, is what I like. IPAs too.