PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Multiplayer Makes Up 25% of Achievements

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 07:36 PM

Expectant fans of Tomb Raider may be surprised to learn that 25% of the in-game achievements will be obtained from playing the multiplayer mode.

In a first for the series, Crystal Dynamics revealed that there would be a multiplayer mode included in the reboot, at the time they didn't reveal what this would entail, which led to fans wondering just what the multiplayer mode was going to be about, and how big a part it would play in the game as a whole.

So far, the Tomb Raider series has been a single player experience, and has been purely story driven. In fact, it's very unlike Tomb Raider to feature any strong non-playable characters, with the exception of a handful like Amanda Evert who was a central character in Tomb Raider Legend and Underworld and the infamous Werner Von Croy who featured in three titles including The Last Revelation. Of course, who can forget Winston the butler? We all trapped him in the freezer at some point, don't try to deny it.

Werner Von Croy in "Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation"

There are a total of four different multiplayer modes in the game, including a mode titled "Rescue" a 'death match' and 'survival' and a 'capture the flag' mode. With a whole 25% of the achievements coming from multiplayer gaming, it seems like perfectionist gamers are going to have to take a pretty good shot at it.

Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have been notoriously careful with what they're choosing to reveal about this title; they have chosen not to release a demo for the game after claiming it may ruin the story.

7zytgY3r8Jg
More about the Multiplayer Mode can be found in this exclusive behind-the-scenes video

One of the most difficult looking multiplayer achievements to attain is the "True Commitment" reward, which requires the player to hit level 60 in multiplayer mode. The rest of the achievements are pretty obvious and standard. For example, completing a match in every multiplayer mode and surviving in several multiplayer games. A full list of the achievements can be found here. (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1775164/a_quarter_of_tomb_raider_achievements_multiplayeronly.html)

With the series being given a full overhaul, it only makes sense for to add in some new features. Lara has even ditched her trusty pistols for a nifty bow and arrow this time around, (I wonder if she happened to see The Hunger Games?) Her legendary hot-pants have also been given the boot and she's now wearing some pretty trendy khakis.

It seems like the iconic series is being given such a drastic overhaul that it's almost unrecognisable! We can only hope that the changes and updates will pay off, and that fans will be given something truly special to enjoy.

[Source - Tomb Raider Achievements Surface With Big Multiplayer Component - IGN (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/tomb-raider-achievements-surface-with-big-multiplayer-component) ]

Mirage
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
I absolutely hate multiplayer achievements/trophies. Get the game a few months later than "most people" and you'll either get your ass handed to you every time because everyone else is so much better than you, or there are no players left to even play with.

Night Fury
01-23-2013, 10:56 PM
I'll play it with you Mirage! :P

Loony BoB
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
I got Far Cry 3 late-ish and there were still buttloads of people playing it and Danielle and I quickly shot up the ranks. I'm hoping that I can get to level 60 with co-op multiplayer missions, because I really am average at best when it comes to versus multiplayer stuff, and there are few of them that I genuinely enjoy for that long.

25% is about normal these days, althouth the L60 one is kind of a bitch, yeah.

Aulayna
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Locky, what platform are you getting it on?

Night Fury
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Playstation 3!

Mirage
01-24-2013, 01:41 PM
I'll play it with you Mirage! :P

Well, i'm not sure if i'm even buying the game. I was never a big tomb raider fan.

Crop
01-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Playstation 3!

Help each other get the online trophies? :love:

Night Fury
01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Playstation 3!

Help each other get the online trophies? :love:

YES!

Aulayna
01-25-2013, 06:24 AM
I'll probs be getting it on the PC alas, though I guess it's a reason to dust off my PS3.

Shauna
01-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Oh hay guys, how about... that... Xbox... :3

Mirage
01-25-2013, 11:07 AM
What about egg bags?

Loony BoB
01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
PS3 for me.

Night Fury
01-25-2013, 05:02 PM
PS3 for me.

Then you're gonna be in my comunity 'Lets play' whether you like it or not :D

Loony BoB
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
No! I refuse! I will buy the game and not play it! Ha!

DMKA
01-27-2013, 12:56 AM
Well that's just silly.