PDA

View Full Version : So, what is your favourite?

Sephiroth
01-23-2013, 07:55 PM
What is your Kingdom Hearts ranking?

That is mine:

I. Kingdom Hearts
II. Kingdom Hearts II
III. Kingdom Hearts 3D
IV. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
V. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
VI. Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
VII. Kingdom Hearts Coded

Del Murder
01-25-2013, 05:37 AM
1. Birth By Sleep
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Kingdom Hearts 2
4. 358/2 Days
5. Chain of Memories
6. Coded

TrollHunter
01-25-2013, 05:44 AM
1. Birth By Sleep
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Kingdom Hearts 2
4. 358/2 Days
5. Chain of Memories
6. Coded

.....wow, this exact list if you remove 5 and 6 entirely.
Del, is there something you want to tell me?

Quina
01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
Yeah that's my exact list too. What's happening??

Formalhaut
01-25-2013, 05:31 PM
Only played the first two so this is a VERY short list.

1. Kingdom Hearts II
2. Kingdom Hearts

Aulayna
01-26-2013, 08:42 AM
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts II
3. Birth by Sleep
4. Dream Drop Distance
5. 358/2 Days
6. Chain of Memories
7. Coded

DMKA
01-27-2013, 04:13 AM
1. Kingdom Hearts II
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
4. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
5. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

TrollHunter
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Kingdom hearts 1 is obviously superior to 2 in almost every way.
Now, if it's KH2 fm we're talking about... then I agree.

Wolf Kanno
01-27-2013, 11:27 PM
1. Birth by Sleep
2. Chain of Memories
3. 358/2
4. KH1
5. KH2

Ouch!
01-28-2013, 04:50 AM
1. Birth by Sleep - The only game in the series that gets damn near everything right.

2. Dream Drop Distance - Fantastic gameplay a long-desired plot progression (even if it adds even more confusion to a story that didn't need it) made it a satisfying experience. It lacks Birth by Sleep's completeness, however. Also not a fan of Dream Eaters.

3. Kingdom Hearts II - An improved gameplay experience ekes it ahead of its predecessor. Many of its confusing plot points have been explained away by means of the handheld titles. Without that context, it probably falls a bit in the rankings.

4. Chain of Memories - Great story. Solid gameplay. Not a fan of card-based systems, otherwise I'd be ranking this higher. Got away with re-using worlds before it was tired.

5. 358/2 Days - Decent gameplay. I'm not a fan of the mission-based story progression, and it lags terribly in the middle. A brilliant and emotional ending save this game from the bottom of the batch.

6. Kingdom Hearts - The original is only ranked so low because I recently tried to replay it, and I found the gameplay so clunky and the camera so awkward (it had never bothered me as much as it did others before) that it was a chore to play.

7. Re: coded - Revisiting worlds again? Failure to introduce anything new or interesting in the gameplay department? A story completely irrelevant save for the final half hour of gameplay? It's the worst in the bunch for many reasons.

Mercen-X
01-28-2013, 07:54 PM
I can't post my ranking because I haven't played BBS or 3Ds. :p

KH2, 358, coded, KH, CoM

Fynn
01-29-2013, 07:31 AM
1. BBS/Days
2. 3D
3. CoM
4. KH
5. KHII
6. coded

Omni-Odin
02-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Haven't played DDD yet, but here it is:

1. Kingdom Hearts : The original is still the best to me. As to the above post about clunkiness in your replay, I do agree with you. However, if you continue on it will stop being that way with the more abilities you get. And that's almost another reason I liked it in my recent replay. It was almost like you were learning how to battle right along with Sora.

2. BBS: I think this game is much better than KHII. I also think this is the second and only "amazing" KH game. The others are really great (save one) and more fun and addictive than most games out there but have some flaws.

3. Kingdom Hearts II: Great great game, but really only if you beat CoM before this. Also by far the most fluid battle sytem in the series. My only real problem with the game were the world by world storylines. There was some pretty cheesy and forced dialogue that was kind or hard to get through even for a KH game.

4. CoM: Say what you will, but if you really get into the card system, this game can be a blast to play. Also the bosses took some real strategy and I mean this game might have more storyline used throughout the other KH games that it may be the most integral piece to whether or not you like KHII and the other games after it.

5. 358/2 Days: Good game, but the graphics especially for a DS game were pretty shallow save for the cutscenes. The story was really good except, to me the entire Xion character. I'm still trying to wrap my head around her ending. Message me if you actually have a detailed explanation on it. I'd like to know actually. But other than that, it was fun albeit repetetive.

Coded: This to me is not a good videogame. I was super-excited to pick it up as it is a KH entry after all. Struggled to get through the crap storyline and awful bad guys/world set-ups. The only part I may have liked a little was the throwback ATB system in the Coliseum. Other than that, this was just a money making venture imo.

blackmage_nuke
03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
BBS: Most consistent good quality throughout
KHI: Fond memories, good middle, begining and end wasnt much to my taste
KHII: Great begining and end, middle was a bit lacking
Days: Great begining and end, Horribly dull middle, I also played it right after BBS so it felt a bit clunky

COM: Havent played it but watched a playthrough
RECODED: Havent played it or seen any playthroughs
3Ds: Going to start it soon

Zeiferxx
05-05-2013, 02:18 PM
1. Kingdom Hearts
2. Kingdom Hearts 2
3. Kingdom Heart: Chain of Memories
4. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Pheesh
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
I have tried, and tried, and tried to do this and just can't. I love the original because of sentimental value, nostalgia and the story; 2 has my favourite combat gameplay; and BbS is probably the most complete game overall. I literally can not pick between the three.

Shaibana
05-26-2013, 09:19 PM
since Birth By Sleep is the only one i have played.. im going to have to go with that one!! haha :D

Freya
05-30-2013, 08:04 PM
1. Kh 1
2. Kh 2
3. DDD
4. 358/2
5. Chains

I haven't played the others though :(