PDA

View Full Version : How do these meet-ups get arranged?

Mercen-X
01-24-2013, 01:55 AM
Do I just post the suggestion and hope people are available?

If it is, I propose a meet in the Solano County area, although I'm not sure where to go. Maybe Scandia... or Discovery Kingdom? I don't know if anyone here is already close by, but... respondez s'il vous plait.

theundeadhero
01-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Basically some friends who talk outside of forum posts, on facebook or MSN messenger or something, are like, "We should meet up". Then they're all like we could all probably do it here let's see if anyone on the forums wants to join us. Then they make a threat saying when and where they're meeting and everybody posts about how that day isn't good but this other day is or about how they should meet in this other town instead :p Eventually something is figured out and it either happens or it doesn't.

Citizen Bleys
01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Scandia...

Not sure if you're referring to the fictional country in Breath of Fire, or the fictional country in tGA.

If it is the latter, you spelled it wrong and for the love of all you hold dear don't go.

Mercen-X
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Scandia is an entertainment facility with miniature golf, carts, bumper boats, and a truckload of arcade games. It's kind of like Santa Cruz except that the one I refer to only about 15min drive from where I'm at.
Then they make a threat.I took this seriously for a couple of seconds as wondered what kind of threat has ever been issued.

Faris
01-24-2013, 09:10 PM
What state and country is that in? I'm just going to wind up in the Bermuda Triangle and lost forever if I tried to get there :greenie:

Old Manus
01-24-2013, 09:13 PM
I never went to any because I assumed I'd have to learn some kind of secret handshake (and wear double denim).

Mercen-X
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Double denim?

Scandia (http://scandiafamilycenter.com/directions_hours.html) is in Cordelia, CA. Right by the off-ramp and a series of fastfood restaurants and gas stations. It's just south of a weigh station. Technically, the weigh station is in Fairfield but the border to Cordelia is right there.

I've only ever been to Scandia about three times and each time, I've only played the mini-golf and arcade games.