PDA

View Full Version : The Tattoo Thread

Night Fury
01-24-2013, 12:19 PM
TATTOOS! RAWR YEAH!

So, how many of you have tattoos? What do you have and what made you pick it? Did you enjoy the experience of getting your tattoo? Do you want more?

I currently only have one tattoo, a small dragon silhouette on my hip/ass/leg (it's kind of in the middle of where all of those places meet!) and I got it because I looooove dragons and dragon mythology and I just thought it looked totally badass. It's tiny though, and some people have said it looks like a phoenix on the photo, but it's definitely a dragon when you look at it in person.

I loved getting it done, it wasn't painful at all and it was a nice experience actually! The tattooist was a cool dude, I went with my friend and we were both going to get one, I went first and she sat there watching me get it done and kept on like swinging in her chair and stuff, and I was like, thinking in my head "If you move this fucking chair I'm in cos you're swinging, I'mma stab you!" and she ended up not getting hers, but I was sooo pleased I got mine. :D

I'd love to get something added to it but I'm not sure, it's just really small and I feel like I want to make it bigger now. Maybe put some kind of flower patterns behind it and stuff.

The next tattoo I want is some kind of feather/dream catcher motif on my foot, I'd also like a hummingbird, a treble clef and some kind of angel wing somewhere. (I just want everything! :lol:)

Pike
01-24-2013, 12:30 PM
Nope, don't have any. Don't plan on getting any. I'm boring.

If I was pressed to get one I'd get the moon-and-star symbol from Morrowind. And maybe make it say something in Daedric if I was feeling really ambitious. It'd probably go on my shoulder or something, I dunno!

Pheesh
01-24-2013, 12:32 PM
I want two at the moment, and I know the exact designs for both, but money is really the only thing that is stopping me. I'll probably get the first one done later this year. I'm also paranoid about the artist messing it up but I'm sure it'll all be fine >_>

Faris
01-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Nope, just freckles on my skin.

Chris
01-24-2013, 01:36 PM
I have the reversed MJ disease, so I'm actually a white boy. :colbert:

I don't need any more skin distractions. Thought about getting one to cover up a Vitiligo patch, but it would only end up looking worse.

Mirage
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
I want one but I don't know what I would want tattooed and where. I'm not really a person who cares too much about symbols or anything.

And by "reversed", do you mean you're a white guy with huge dark patches?

Breine
01-24-2013, 02:29 PM
I've been really fascinated with tattoos for years now. Sometimes I really want one, but then I change my mind. I always end up thinking "what if I get unhappy with it after some time blah blah blah". I won't be surprised if I end up getting one at some point, but it should definitely be the right tattoo in the right place... and it needs to suit me. I'm e.g. pretty sure that colorful tattoos won't suit me. If I get one I'm gonna opt for something simple and clean.

Shorty
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
I have four tattoos right now, and I want hoards more. I have my skin all mapped out for it.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/rockinghorsefly.jpg
This was my first tattoo and it was the most painful 50-minute experience of my life. It's a rockinghorsefly from Alice in Wonderland.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii325/demosthynes/WP_000110.jpg
This was my second tattoo. It went super quick and didn't hurt at all. I looove my text tattoo.

This was my third. He's since been finished with suckers added and colored in. He is my pride and joy, but I need him touched up a little.

This is my most recent tattoo in progress (the photo is pretty shitty). I started him in September and he's been unfinished since because I decided to put everything I had into going to Sweeeeden. I hope to get him all colored in sometime soon.

My next addition will be a jellyfish just below the squid!

Pumpkin
01-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Cherry boob tattoo.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/achila123451/Picture20004.jpg

Shauna
01-24-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm gonna start a biker gang and we're all gonna get matching tattoos.

Alternatively, I sort of want one, but I don't care enough to think about what I actually want. So I probably will never get one.

Madame Adequate
01-24-2013, 06:30 PM
My favorite tat of anyone on this forum is Rantz's Zell facial tattoo.

theundeadhero
01-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I have four and their pictures are posted at various times and threads throughout the forums.

Jinx
03-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Parker
03-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Photo by nikkohurtado • Instagram (http://instagram.com/p/WS3Bc2KjmJ/)

this is me irl (no it isn't)

Araciel
03-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Nope...Can't do it cause the only part of me I show is my face and hands.

I'm horribly gross without a shirt or pants on.

escobert
03-04-2013, 04:56 AM
I have kanji on mu inner right forearm. I sometimes forget it's even there.

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I should get a tattoo to post in this thread.

Shorty
03-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes, you should.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I'd love to get a tattoo, but I have no idea what I want yet. Maybe a raven; I like ravens. Someone draw a raven for me, so I can take it to a back alley tattooist in China and get hepatitis.

escobert
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I'd love to get a tattoo, but I have no idea what I want yet. Maybe a raven; I like ravens. Someone draw a raven for me, so I can take it to a back alley tattooist in China and get hepatitis.

I will draw you a raven for the ages! and your hepatitis :D

Aulayna
03-04-2013, 11:14 PM
I have none. I plan on keeping it that way :)

I'm too fickle that I'd end up regretting it at some point.

Jowy
03-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Just a five point star on my neck. I'll be getting a lot more in the future though.

Shlup
03-05-2013, 05:23 AM
I find most tattoos to be really tacky. Of course, I think most people would find my taste in tattoos tacky.

I think I'd be too chicken to ever actually get a tattoo, but I won't say I haven't thought about it. In fact, there are quite a few tattoos that I like:

personal favorite:

Shorty
03-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Those yellow peonies+other flowers are gorgeous!

Bunny
03-05-2013, 05:32 AM
I have a tattoo of my face on my face but slightly to the left so it fucks with people.

Night Fury
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Ahh, Shlup I LOVE that peacock feather tattoo, the colouring is amazing.

Iceglow
03-07-2013, 11:47 PM
I so far only have the one tattoo which is the quote running down my forearm, will post a decent pic of it soon.

I hope to get a second tattoo soon. I kinda got the ink bug.

Kalen
03-08-2013, 09:50 PM

The chest not the face!

kotora
03-09-2013, 02:21 PM
The design I was gonna get by this awesome artist in Portugal. However, I just couldn't justify spending 750-1000 euros on getting ink on my arm when I could also spend that money on traveling around, so I didn't get it.

http://home.eyesonff.com/attachments/general-chat/41686d1362838883-tattoo-thread-photo-2013-03-09-15.18.jpg

Calliope
03-10-2013, 08:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Calliope/aDSC07003.jpg

Here's mine; I hope to balance it out with an American bird eventually; probably either a stellar's jay or a crow.

Clo
03-11-2013, 12:16 AM
I have a treble clef and flower on my wrist. I don't have a picture of it though. Come check out my wrist IRL.

EDIT: What about piercings? I'm addicted to this. :excited:

I have three lobe piercings, a helix cartilage on my left, and a tragus on my right ear.

Crop
03-11-2013, 12:20 AM
I've never understood the whole thing with tattoos, at all. I mean, you like/believe something so you have it drawn on your body....forever? Wtf. Are you going to forget you like it or something?

But hey, it's your body so do whatever they hell you want with it.

Clo
03-11-2013, 12:43 AM
I've never understood the whole thing with tattoos, at all. I mean, you like/believe something so you have it drawn on your body....forever? Wtf. Are you going to forget you like it or something?

Well, eventually everyone's body is going to burn or rot, so you might as well make a canvas out of it and decorate it with things that make you feel good.

Iceglow
03-11-2013, 01:06 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/Calliope/aDSC07003.jpg

Here's mine; I hope to balance it out with an American bird eventually; probably either a stellar's jay or a crow.

So, you're a bird covered in birds... is that meant to be a pun based on british slang or is that just how things are?

Calliope
03-12-2013, 03:08 AM
That depends, are you an asshole covered in assholes? :p

I kid of course, but I couldn't think of a gentler comeback. I'm a regular box of birds!

Shorty
03-12-2013, 04:45 AM

Well, eventually everyone's body is going to burn or rot, so you might as well make a canvas out of it and decorate it with things that make you feel good.

This is what I essentially came to respond with. Why do people take pictures? Are they going to forget the good times they have? No, but it's nice to have reminders about the things that are important in your life. Some people want to adorn their skin with those reminders and I think that's beautiful.

Calliope
03-12-2013, 05:12 AM
My brother and his father have traditional Samoan tattoos that reflect their heritage, and the pride that they have in their family and culture. I know people who have been tattooed while in prison, while at parties, and who have spent a long time planning the work they get done at expos or tattoo parlours - all of which reflect times that people choose to honour or remember, whether spontaneously or with much thought. It can be a means to rebel, or a means to nod to authority.

Tattoos are a permanent collection of art that also becomes a visible and unique part of you. The subject matter, whether you choose to reveal or conceal your ink in public, whether you get it added to or covered up, whether you get inked with a tattoo gun, a needle and thread, or shark's teeth - all of these things provide another form of expression.

Pheesh
03-12-2013, 05:20 AM
Yeah, and they make you look totally hard, as well :cool:

Night Fury
03-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I've been chatting with a tattooist today about getting some nice work done sooooon! So exciting! :D :D :D

Jinx
03-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I've been chatting with a tattooist today about getting some nice work done sooooon! So exciting! :D :D :D

What you looking at?

Pheesh
03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
My face on her butt.

NorthernChaosGod
03-20-2013, 07:18 AM
As long as she posts the finished work.

Chemical
03-20-2013, 08:42 AM
I always wanted a tatoo... but I didnt like the idea of the harsh black on my skin tone. So when I first had it done I picked a colour that would fade over time and meld in with my freckles. Transition as below.

EDIT: OMFgoodness I have a tan... bless Australia.

Night Fury
03-20-2013, 09:48 AM
That's cool chemical!

I'm getting an elephant, TB :)

Jinx
03-20-2013, 03:00 PM
That's cool chemical!

I'm getting an elephant, TB :)

Omg, awesome! I want to get something elephant-y someday, as they are my favourite animals! :D

SammieBabe
03-20-2013, 07:19 PM
I have a small sea turtle on my back, by my right shoulder. I just love sea turtles.
I want two to three more; I want to get one for my children, which would be a mixture of mine and their zodiac symbols.. then I'd like to get one on the left side of my back, with Anne Boleyn's personal emblem. I'm a history nerd and its a beautiful symbol.
One of my sisters has suggested that we all get small matching tattoos as well, but we haven't decided on it.
I love mine. Its like a little piece of art I carry with me. :)

Night Fury
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I want to introduce you all to Hector :D

Slothy
04-29-2013, 08:51 PM
You know the sleazeballs are going to start saying stuff soon enough, so we might as well get something out of the way first: nice bum.

Also, nice tattoo.

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2013, 01:39 AM
Wait, you really got a big ass tattoo on your butt?

Rebellious Eagle
04-30-2013, 01:57 AM
While I do think some tattoos are really cool, I don't want to have something permanently on my skin that I may regret later, like when I'm old and wrinkly. :P

Jinx
04-30-2013, 02:42 AM
I seriously dunno how many times between here and Facebook she said it's not on her ass.

Slothy
04-30-2013, 02:45 AM
But there is butt cheek in the picture.

Jinx
04-30-2013, 02:51 AM
You know the sleazeballs are going to start saying stuff soon enough, so we might as well get something out of the way first: nice bum.

Also, nice tattoo.

I think it's interesting to point out that you've been the only one to say something so far. :p

Slothy
04-30-2013, 02:54 AM

Also, nice tattoo.

I think it's interesting to point out that you've been the only one to say something so far. :p

I only knew there was butt cheek in the photo because she mentioned it in the photo thread. Apparently no one else has the visual acuity and spacial awareness to make it out on their own. Frankly, I'm surprised no one else has said anything knowing this place.

Pheesh
04-30-2013, 06:24 AM
There's a reason...

*rocks back and forth in a chair with a shotgun*

Night Fury
04-30-2013, 11:20 AM
It's not on my ass it's on my thigh but I have a big butt so it inevitably gets on the picture xD

Pike
04-30-2013, 11:36 AM
I always wanted a tatoo... but I didnt like the idea of the harsh black on my skin tone. So when I first had it done I picked a colour that would fade over time and meld in with my freckles. Transition as below.

EDIT: OMFgoodness I have a tan... bless Australia.

is that a benzene ring? xD Matches your username!

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2013, 07:40 PM
It's not on my ass it's on my thigh but I have a big butt so it inevitably gets on the picture xD

It's a nice butt.

chionos
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
It's a great tattoo.

I've been planning/designing half sleeves that connect across my shoulders, all with different aspects of my kids and things that remind me of them. I'm no artist, so it's been difficult getting it all together and I've chickened out from actually doing it several times. Some things it will include: the sun, the moon, a cat, a bulldog, totoro, violets (february birth flower), lily of the valley (may birth flower), something that screams Shel Silverstein (haven't figured this one out yet, a broken staircase? something?), and bits from poems that I've written to them, and bits from the poems they've written back.

The left sleeve has to cover or blend or otherwise completely make me forget a terrible tattoo I got a long time ago of a grumpy man-in-the-moon with clouds and..... >_< ....tribal.

I'm hoping to grow enough courage to do it in the next couple years.

Night Fury
05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
The best thing about sleeves though is that you can get them done gradually, start off with something that you really, really want and get that done first, and build from that. I cannot recommend enough to talk with a tattooist, and a good one! They are amazing. My tattooist drew that up for me knowing that I'd love it, that it would suit me etc just from me emailing him about things I like and styles I like.

He's now dying to get me in again to tattoo me again! That's the great thing about tattoos, if you find a good tattooist, they'll want to stick with you too. They're artists and you're their canvas - they take as much pride in tattooing you as you do in being tattooed! :jess:

chionos
05-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Aye, well that's another wrinkle in the tale, there aren't any truly quality artists anywhere near where I live. I'm going to have to find one in the Ville or Lex or in Cinci and plan trips.