PDA

View Full Version : Teeth

Pumpkin
01-25-2013, 08:10 AM
How are your teeth?

I have good teeth, although I do have a very slight overbite. It isn't really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

I also don't brush my teeth as much as I should, because the more I brush the more sensitive they get, and it becomes a pain to eat or drink, and if I brush them too much, my teeth start to feel weird and it isn't good. If I drink soda it kind of tingles on my teeth. Toothpaste also burns my tongue. I've tried sensodyne and it works for a little while but then it's just as bad as it once was. So I've opted for just using mouthwash for bad breath and brushing my teeth less.

I have also never had any cavities and dentists are usually impressed by my teeth. The only problem I have is that my mouth is small so my wisdom teeth don't have room to fully grow in. It hasn't caused any issues yet, but at some point I'm probably going to have to have a dentist take them out of my gums, and I am not looking forward to that.

Post about your teeth :D

Tigmafuzz
01-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Seeing as how I didn't know what a toothbrush was until I was 11... :crying2:

Pike
01-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Mine were terrible. All in the wrong places, too many of one kind of tooth, not enough of another kind, etc.

I had to go to the orthodontist once a month or so for like three years so they could do reshaping and other such fun delights.

Anyways even after all that work my teeth still look awful. They're wider at the top than at the bottom, creating the appearance of gaps between my teeth. I have to wear a retainer every night, too, or they'll all shift back into the original crooked position. :(

Night Fury
01-25-2013, 11:24 AM
My teeth are fine I think, kinda sensitive though.

Formalhaut
01-25-2013, 11:26 AM
My teeth are mainly okay. I'd say about average.

My front two teeth have quite a prominent overbite. It's quite annoying.

Night Fury
01-25-2013, 11:27 AM
I do drink a lot of coffee though... so they aren't as white as I'd like em to be. But then that's why they invented whitening stuff!

Pheesh
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
I brush twice a day to keep my teeth shiny and stop them from affecting my winning smile. :D

Chris
01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
My teeth a tricky. They look great, but I screwed them royally when I was younger. I think I've had about five rootcanals done in the last two years. They're okay now, but damn, so much money and time on my freaking teeth.

Parker
01-25-2013, 12:36 PM
My teeth are fine. My dentist always tells me I'm the best patient of the day :bigsmile:

i do have a bit of "british colour" on my teeth from the coffee and cigarette diet but it's not too bad and i brush em a few times a day to keep em shiny

Faris
01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
I had really bad habit and dental hygiene until I was 17-ish. No idea how I have had nothing worse than cavities although apparently I was on the verge of having some really nasty gum line cavities. Today I'm a good girl, brush after coffee to prevent stains and then once before bed if I can remember.

Shorty
01-25-2013, 06:18 PM
My teeth are straight and I've never had to have braces. Having said that, I need work done on my back teeth and it will probably cost me several thousand dollars, so I've been putting it off for as long as I can.

Although they aren't as white as I'd like them to be, either.

Jowy
01-25-2013, 07:46 PM
My bottom front teeth are somewhat crooked, and I have a very small chip on one of my front teeth, but you have to seriously stare to notice them. Due to brushing my teeth four to five times a day as a teenager, my gums are beginning to slightly erode so my incisors and canines are extremely sensitive. I have a nice smile, though the black coffee kind of stains away the whiteness a bit.

louby_4eva
01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Mine couldn't all fit in my mouth so one grow really high in my gum (it was removed) which meant the others shimmied across a little bit so there wasn't a gap, but left me with a Tom Cruise style middle tooth >.<

I have a huge fear of the dentist but a bigger fear of losing my teeth *sigh*

Araciel
01-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Crooked as hell (before braces) but strong as steel. I drink a lot of fluoridated city water and brush/rinse once a day. Usually after a meal I use a toothpick.. Gross, but effective since I hate flossing.

fire_of_avalon
01-25-2013, 11:02 PM
They're not bad but they're not good either.

Raistlin
01-26-2013, 01:14 AM
My teeth are ok, I guess. They're not the whitest, but they're straight after having braces as a child. I have a small chip on one of my front teeth that my dentist wants me to get filled in, but I'm lazy.

Clo
01-26-2013, 01:17 AM
I have a gap.

Sometimes I drink through it.

Shlup
01-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Meh. Just meh.

One of them is fake!

Mercen-X
01-27-2013, 02:52 AM
I have a slight overbite. I took my retainer off early so my teeth kind of recrook'd. I have a filling. I have painful cavities behind each of my canines (or maybe the first molar, I can't really tell, I just know I react fast and hard to cold and extreme heat).

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-27-2013, 10:06 AM
I had braces when I was about 10 years old which awarded me the winning facial expressions I create to this day.

I had my wisdom teeth taken out a few years ago. Apparently I had twice as many as the average person and they were twice as small as the average persons. What I really remember most was the aftermath. The pain allowed me to drink countless vanilla shakes while doing nothing but reclining and playing Chrono Trigger DS for like a week straight.

Good times.

Shiny
01-28-2013, 02:39 AM
I have vampire teeth that I refuse to get filed down.

~*~Celes~*~
01-28-2013, 03:50 AM
i don't brush as often as I should, but i floss a lot :D my dentist always commends me on how good they look~

Cloudane
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Well looked after, but my front teeth are in half due to faceplanting the road one day.

Not the prettiest sight to be honest (one of them turned a darker colour), but at £1200 for crowns that according to my research would only last about 5 years, I'm afraid they're staying that way. I'm not made of money.