PDA

View Full Version : Which is more annoying?

Wolf Kanno
01-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Choose one. :colbert:

Formalhaut
01-25-2013, 10:47 PM
How very stereotypical! It depends on the person. Some old people are nice, some children are nice.

It also depends on your definition of "Children". Young children can be annoying sure, but at least I *expect* them to be annoying as it comes with the brochure. But teenagers? No other demographic fills me with more dread than them, and technically I AM STILL IN THAT DEMOGRAPHIC.

Araciel
01-25-2013, 10:47 PM
Children, especially since they have more potential to be annoying in the future.

Formalhaut
01-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Children, especially since they have more potential to be annoying in the future.

Yeah but with younger children their more malleable and you can save them from the brink. With older people, their more set in their ways. Basically, if your over the age of about 20 and your still annoying, it's very unlikely they will change. Children at least can be changed with proper education and a good smack.

I'm joking on that last one. Seriously. I am!

Araciel
01-25-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah it's okay I know you're joking. It usually takes more than one smack.

Faris
01-25-2013, 11:29 PM
Children make me nervous more than annoyed. Mostly because mothers are vicious creatures.

Araciel
01-25-2013, 11:30 PM
I totally thought you were gonna say you were worried about stepping on them ... disappointed.

Chris
01-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I meet a lot of old people every single day, and there is nothing annoying about them. I am actually grateful that I get to hear so many fascinating stories and experiences.

Children are loud, smelly and expensive.

Faris
01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
I totally thought you were gonna say you were worried about stepping on them ... disappointed.

It still leads to being screamed at by their mother. :(

Agent Proto
01-25-2013, 11:37 PM
Old people are not really that annoying. The only time they become annoying is when they drive, since they are often the slowest drivers out there. Sooo annoying. Children are far more annoying more times than not.

NinjaCoachZ
01-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Old people aren't really annoying. At worst, they're just awkward to be around. Like Chris said, oftentimes they do tell some legitimately cool and fascinating stories.

Children, on the other hand... (shudder)

Bunny
01-26-2013, 12:55 AM
Old people.

They are basically children: they shit themselves, talk in a mostly incoherent manner, and can't drive very well. They can also wander into traffic if left unattended.

Raistlin
01-26-2013, 01:05 AM
It's a tough choice, but I'm going to have to go with old people. I can mostly avoid children if I want to, but old people on the road are just the worst.

They're also the only reason gay marriage is still illegal in most US states.

Clo
01-26-2013, 01:16 AM
Children.

Kids are dumb. Old people are experienced and dumb. One of these groups can help me financially. The other hurts it.

Shlup
01-26-2013, 01:52 AM
I've never really considered old people to be annoying. My parents' generation, sure, but not my grandparents'.

Pike
01-26-2013, 02:02 AM
Neither :colbert:

fire_of_avalon
01-26-2013, 02:18 AM
I like them both better than a lot of people my own age.

maybee
01-26-2013, 05:19 AM
Children

Loud, always screaming, always think that they're the coolest things to be in the planet, always being obnoxious.

School should be a camp for them. They can leave if they promise not to be annoying or they'll staying there till they turn 13. :colbert:

Old people are pretty lonely and they just want a friend because most of them have nobody left and some of them have pretty cool stories and know how to make nice cookies.

Shorty
01-26-2013, 05:34 AM
Children. Children are the worst.

I can't find it in myself to be mad or disparaging about old people. They just look so sweet. All the old people I see in my city get super dressed up - old ladies with their hair done and perfect stockings and hats and pins and broaches and nice dress suits, old men with their cabbie hats and perfectly ironed golf pants and button up shirts and loafers and a jacket. Super old, dressed nicely, holding hands and giving smiles. They get this nice to go out for coffee.

Meanwhile, my youngest sister screams at me to watch the same episode of Sailor Moon seven times over and asks me what's going to happen each time and when I respond "I don't know," she goes into hysterics because I don't love it as much as she does. :colbert: