PDA

View Full Version : unlistenable garbage.

Jowy
01-27-2013, 04:14 AM
joanna newsom and regina spektor. i hate the sound of their voices.

what can't you listen to?

Tigmafuzz
01-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Shorty's opinions on food.

The Man
01-27-2013, 04:37 AM
Joanna Newsom is a harp goddess who writes amazing songs with incredible arrangements and you should feel ashamed of yourself. :colbert:

Owl City. If I were dictator of the world I would make it illegal to use that much auto-tune, punishable by life imprisonment or, if I were feeling particularly spiteful, death. I can take it when it's used sparingly (Cat Power) or actually enhances songs (Kanye West) but anyone who uses it that much has no artistic taste whatsoever and has no business making records. :doublecolbert:

Jowy
01-27-2013, 04:42 AM
Joanna Newsom is a harp goddess who writes amazing songs with incredible arrangements and you should feel ashamed of yourself. :colbert:

she is a harp goddess by default because seriously, who else plays the smurfing harp that you can name off the top of your head? she can't sing for :skull::skull::skull::skull: and you know it.

Shorty's opinions on food.

this is the lounge, not the "blind, unnecessary hatred for sarah" forum.

Bunny
01-27-2013, 04:44 AM
SKRILLEX - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw)

The Man
01-27-2013, 04:51 AM
She's still really good at it. And her voice is an acquired taste. xD

DMKA
01-27-2013, 04:52 AM
Radiohead

The Man
01-27-2013, 04:53 AM
Eric can we at least both agree that DMKA's post is terrible?

krissy
01-27-2013, 05:01 AM
Broadcast and The Focus Group - 'Broadcast and The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults Of The Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvk11cUTRmY

i have no idea how but this bs made it on some peoples top of 2009 lists

vomit

Tigmafuzz
01-27-2013, 05:28 AM
this is the lounge, not the "blind, unnecessary hatred for sarah" forum.

I shall refer you to this post. (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/148290-i-seriously-hate-i-seriously-hate-threads.html#post3208390)

-----

Also most pop music, rap, and r&b. Some is good, but most is not.

Shorty
01-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Cram it, TF, or I'm going to start deleting your spammy posts.

Joanna's voice has grown on me. If you don't like her, don't listen to CocoRosie.

As for unlistenable garbage - The Mars Volta. I cannot and will not ever understand how anyone can listen to them because it just sounds like crap to me.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-27-2013, 07:35 AM
The Most Annoying Sound in Hyrule - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFeR9NIDdk8)

Lady Gaga ft. Jim Carrey 10 hours - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-KDhYjgMlY)

Chris
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Björk can be a genius, but some of her music is just unlistenable. I think she's trying too hard sometimes to set herself from the rest, and the result is nothing but loud noise. A song like "Pluto" is completely pointless, and the album "Volta" is just terrible. "Medulla" is interesting, but unlistenable.

Jowy
01-27-2013, 12:44 PM
At The Drive-In is exponentially better than Mars Volta. I figured they'd be something different, but Cedric sounds like boiling cats half of the time. I can't listen to anything MV has done past the second album in its entirety. It's too much for me.

Pete for President
01-27-2013, 01:03 PM
I know there's way worse music out there, but I really can't stand Phil Collins' voice and that makes it unlistenable to me.

And I could go on forever about the total garbage that's pop these days.

Mirage
01-27-2013, 01:11 PM
I'll just go with Chris here. Sometimes, Björk just makes something terrible.

Other than that, some of Aphex Twin's music is too much noise, even for me.

I also can't tolerate most grindcore or whatever it is people call it these days.

DK
01-27-2013, 01:49 PM
to make one lovely sweeping generalization, for me it's probably anything by bands with those hilariously pretentious meaningless junk names like "Malign the Week" or "Solitary Letterbox on The Burning plains" or anything else that's basically codewords for "My daddy didn't give me a high enough limit on my credit cards so I'm passively rebelling by wearing extremely tight trousers and being a colossal pretentious ponce"

Psychotic
01-27-2013, 01:56 PM
to make one lovely sweeping generalization, for me it's probably anything by bands with those hilariously pretentious meaningless junk names like "Malign the Week" or "Solitary Letterbox on The Burning plains" or anything else that's basically codewords for "My daddy didn't give me a high enough limit on my credit cards so I'm passively rebelling by wearing extremely tight trousers and being a colossal pretentious ponce"Fortune into Gratitude by Six Turns Left was a really bad album.

Mirage
01-27-2013, 01:59 PM
And what's wrong with the mars volta you mothersmurfers.

Jowy
01-27-2013, 02:03 PM
Pretty much Cedric's voice being ear-shattering. I have all of their albums but can only handle him in small doses. I can listen to "Relationship of Command" every single day though and not grow remotely tired of that.

we can.

Old Manus
01-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Owl City. If I were dictator of the world I would make it illegal to use that much auto-tune, punishable by life imprisonment or, if I were feeling particularly spiteful, death. I can take it when it's used sparingly (Cat Power) or actually enhances songs (Kanye West) but anyone who uses it that much has no artistic taste whatsoever and has no business making records. :doublecolbert:
Even though everybody slates them now, here is a thread from before they were 'mainstream' with everyone gushing over how good they are. Proof, if any more were needed, that EoFF is full of shameless hipsters (which is funny considering the OP's signature). :colbert: (http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/128252-owl-city.html)

I agree with DK about the pretentious bands with dumb names. I was at a festival and thought 'Glamour of the Kill' was actually somebody making a satirical statement.

Jowy
01-27-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm comfortable with who I am. :aimsun:

Mirage
01-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Even though everybody slates them now, here is a thread from before they were 'mainstream' with everyone gushing over how good they are. Proof, if any more were needed, that EoFF is full of shameless hipsters (which is funny considering the OP's signature). :colbert: (http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/128252-owl-city.html)

It's funny because almost none of those who posted in that thread is bashing Owl City in this thread.

Old Manus
01-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Naturally, seeing as I was replying to The Man's post individually.

DMKA
01-27-2013, 03:26 PM

we can.

Why? How is insufferable whining from a man who has zero vocal talent and can't carry a tune in a bucket, droning on in either nonsensical lyrics or whining about not measuring up to a prospective mate, not unlistenable garbage?

I seriously can't think of one popular musical act out there that's worse than Radiohead. I would rather listen to Skrillex than Radiohead. I would rather listen to Yoko Ono's "Kiss Kiss Kiss" on a twenty four hour loop than have to sit through a single play of any of the tracks on "Kid A" ever again in my life.

Yes, they're that terrible, and I will never understand their popularity.

Mirage
01-27-2013, 03:36 PM

Nah, you were saying "everyone slates them now" and that everyone were gushing over how good they were before. I'm pretty sure The Man isn't everyone.

Jowy
01-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Have you listened to anything else they've done aside from Kid A? Curious is all.

Sephex
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Worst. Band. Ever.

http://www.myspace.com/poloponys

Especially "Arrogance."

Clo
01-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Björk can be a genius, but some of her music is just unlistenable. I think she's trying too hard sometimes to set herself from the rest, and the result is nothing but loud noise. A song like "Pluto" is completely pointless, and the album "Volta" is just terrible. "Medulla" is interesting, but unlistenable.

I like Medulla. :O

This has outcasted me at parties, but I fuckin hate Ben Folds I HATE HIS WHITEY WHITE BOY VOICE AND I WANT TO TACKLE HIM AND BEAT HIM UP

Old Manus
01-27-2013, 04:27 PM

Nah, you were saying "everyone slates them now" and that everyone were gushing over how good they were before. I'm pretty sure The Man isn't everyone.I dunno man, I've been seeing Owl City crop up in threads about bad music a lot in recent years. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll be sure to run all my posts through the Mirage-Fact-Check-o-Matic<sup>TM</sup> android app in future, just in case people think I'm an astroturfer or something.

Jowy
01-27-2013, 04:35 PM
This has outcasted me at parties, but I fuckin hate Ben Folds I HATE HIS WHITEY WHITE BOY VOICE AND I WANT TO TACKLE HIM AND BEAT HIM UP

sounds like you're "one angry dwarf!"

dohoho

Mirage
01-27-2013, 04:42 PM

Nah, you were saying "everyone slates them now" and that everyone were gushing over how good they were before. I'm pretty sure The Man isn't everyone.I dunno man, I've been seeing Owl City crop up in threads about bad music a lot in recent years. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll be sure to run all my posts through the Mirage-Fact-Check-o-Matic<sup>TM</sup> android app in future, just in case people think I'm an astroturfer or something.

Yeah it would be great if you did that. I made the app for a reason, after all.

Forsaken Lover
01-27-2013, 06:12 PM
The Black Mages - Otherworld (FFX) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90nyB9dKjG8)

The Man
01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah The Mars Volta is fine you mothersmurfers. They need to learn to master their albums properly though, but the same goes for ATDI.

I've hated Owl City ever since I first heard it.

DMKA is objectively wrong.

Forsaken Lover
01-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Dave Barry Article - Worst Songs Ever (http://www.cs.umd.edu/~gasarch/HUMOR/worstsongs.html)

Those songs.