Seriously... :colbert:

No more derailment please.

Rostum
01-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Yes, I'm still interested. :)

Mirage
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Your poll options suck.

I am still very interested in it and I am going to buy it unless something really terrible happens to it, but I don't care to check news sites about it because I know there won't be any news to find, and if there are news about it, I'll find out nearly instantly even without specifically searching for such news.

Formalhaut
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, poll options left me guessing.

Basically, I'm with Mirage. I'll definitely buy it if/once it comes out of SE's closet, but I'm not going on news sites for it daily. Any news I do get from it is here on EoFF. That's how fed up I am with it :p

Fynn
01-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Still interested, but not as much as I used to. The fact that Xenoblade got announced after Versus and is already more than two years past its release date, and that Monolith's X looks like it's further in development than what we last saw of Versus, does not help. Summing up - used to be the most exciting thing ever, now it's just another game I'd like to experience some day.

JaymeNoel
01-27-2013, 04:50 PM
I am. I have a question though.

Could this game possibly be for Playstation 4? I wouldn't think it would be considering how desperate Square probably needs money after several releases in a row that haven't faired well.

I mean, I'd still purchase it if it was (Even though it'd take me literally 5 months to save up for the system + the game) but I'm really hoping this is still for the PS3.

Del Murder
01-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Poll has too many extremes. I'm still interested, but I'm not 'waiting by the phone' or anything.

Raistlin
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm very mildly interested. The middle option describes me pretty well. I have basically stopped caring until and unless they give out more info, or at least show some signs that the game will be released sometime this decade.

Gamblet
01-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Never cared, no interest whatsoever.

ShinGundam
01-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes, actually playing Yakuza 5 remind me why i am excited for Versus XIII. Seamless battles, day and night cycle, vehicles in a Tokyo alike city is really impressive in my opinion.

My only problem is that i hope it won't be an open world with samey tasks/quests.

Wolf Kanno
01-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Anyway, back on topic: I honestly fall somewhere between the second and third choices. I was never terribly excited for the game to begin with and while the actual gameplay trailer peaked my interest, the lack of any kind of meaningful info from SE has sort of made me indifferent to this game.

Mirage
01-27-2013, 11:27 PM
In either case, I am interested in this game and I would be really pleased if you could find it in your heart to add a poll option that perfectly describes my feelings for this game. This is actually a constructive suggestion, as it will also help future viewers of this thread and more accurately show this forum's stance towards the game.

Bolivar
01-28-2013, 12:05 AM
I am still very interested in it and I am going to buy it unless something really terrible happens to it, but I don't care to check news sites about it because I know there won't be any news to find, and if there are news about it, I'll find out nearly instantly even without specifically searching for such news.

black orb
01-28-2013, 06:08 AM
>>> Watched the trailers and is not enough to get me excited..:luca:
Too many black coats and guns for my taste, gameplay didnt impress me either.

Lamia
01-29-2013, 05:05 AM
Sure. I think it is going to be pretty amazing from what I have seen of it. The art style, the setting, and the fact that cutscenes are going to be interactive. I know it has been forever since it was announced but it was not too long ago that they announced that it was finally in "full production". When it comes out it comes out. There are going to be many more games to enjoy in the meantime.

Gamblet
01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
>>> Watched the trailers and is not enough to get me excited..:luca:
Too many black coats and guns for my taste, gameplay didnt impress me either.

Exactly, combat seemed kind of dull on the gameplay trailer. Kingdom Hearts looks way better.

nirojan
01-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Still interested. EOFF used to have a huge boner for this game, but its been splashed with cold water I'm afraid. Still check on game sites for news on FFvsXIII from time to time and especially the more dedicated FF news sites.

Del Murder
01-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Still interested. EOFF used to have a huge boner for this game, but its been splashed with cold water I'm afraid.
I'm sure we'll get some hard news eventually.

Mirage
01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Cold water is ineffective on me.

Gamblet
01-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Cold water is ineffective on me.

Impotence is nothing to be ashamed of.

Mirage
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
I'd like to say I have a comeback for that, but I don't think I can. I set myself up too severely.

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Yes, I am interested to see if this title truly lives up to the expectations the lack of reporting on the title has caused. The game itself looks interesting enough to me as long as I am allowed to control someone besides Noctis, but it's not a dealbreaker to me either way.

nirojan
01-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Yes, I am interested to see if this title truly lives up to the expectations the lack of reporting on the title has caused. The game itself looks interesting enough to me as long as I am allowed to control someone besides Noctis, but it's not a dealbreaker to me either way.

In the last trailer, they clearly show control of characters oher than Noctis:
FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII Trailer 2011 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8)
http://youtu.be/YiIx9VJWSl8

Some characters have different attack types like at 4:20 we see the blond guy go Third Person Shooter and aim down shots.

Edge7
01-30-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm interested enough that I jump whenever the game is mentioned on official sites, but otherwise it's slipped into the inner recesses of my mind.

SuperSoma
01-30-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes, I'm still interested in it. I'm very interested in it.

I just hope it gets released within my lifetime though. I mean, this game was announced years ago and we've not seen hide nor hair of a release date.

And can it really be apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series? I mean 13 came 3 years ago and I don't see versus coming out for another couple of years. The gap between the releases justifies making versus a separate game of its own. They say versus is in a different world to 13 but it's the same universe... What does that even mean? I'm pretty sure there's no connection besides the fact that they both bear the name Final Fantasy.

But in all honesty, I am super excited. I just feel that SE are too afraid to stray away from the name of Final Fantasy. It would do them good to make an amazing game that isn't called Final Fantasy (although making an amazing game in general would do them justice, I can't remember their last good game)

Depression Moon
01-30-2013, 09:50 PM
I was excited at first when we first got glimpse of some gameplay, but now I'm just like whatever. I'll see whenif it comes out.

Ouch!
02-02-2013, 01:54 AM
I'm concerned given today's reports that we will get an official announcement of the PlayStation 4 in less than three weeks and ahead of a Q4 2013 release. Then again, that probably just forces Square Enix to make an announcement one way or another about the game since it certainly puts a countdown on when the game can feasibly launch. God of War 2 launched on the PS2 several months after the release of the PS3, and Sony has the best track record of continuing to support their previous consoles (only stopped PS2 production last month), but it puts impetus on Square Enix to get the title released sooner rather than later to have a reasonable shot a recouping what must be exorbitant development costs.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2013, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets a Twilight Princess style release with a dual release on the PS3 and Sony's next console.

cheesesteak
03-09-2013, 02:49 AM
I've actually never played a sequal/spinoff game of the main FF series (though I kinda wanna play 10-2...), despite playing all but 1 of the main series. I don't think it's because I haven't had the desire to - I liked X and XII enough to want to play X-2 and Revenant Wings. I think it's b/c maybe I just prefer my FF playthroughs "pure". ...though I really do want to play Revenant Wings.

As for the Fabula Nova Crysalis series, XIII didn't really give me any desire to continue playing in that world, regardless of my own personal doctrine on playthroughs. So, yeah, Versus is a no-go for me. ...as of now.

Loony BoB
03-13-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm far less optimistic about the game than I once was. The more people hyped the game up, the more worried I got about how hard it would fail to meet their expectations and thus be considered the Worst Game Ever. I think SE have perhaps done themselves a favour by not talking about the game much, because the hype was way too high and it definitely needed to chill.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll inevitably buy the game, and will treat it with the same enthusiasm I will give Lightning Returns... basically "let's see if this is enjoyable..."