PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather drown to death or fail your test?

Goldenboko
01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Today, a fire started which caused sprinkler systems to burst open in a main hallwall of the building I took my probability test in today. The burst leaked water into the staircase to leave, and began flooding the entrance and I was given a choice, finish test or risk drowning. The water was also incredibly, incredibly hot. I chose the test.

Me: Did you get to leave out the front door? It was legitimately flooded by the time I tried to leave out it and we had to escape out the side. THE WATER WAS EVEN GETTING TO THE ROOM'S LEVEL. THE PROFESSOR AND STUDENTS HADN'T LEFT YET!

Friend: Nope, I left through the side too. Holy trout.

Me: Now that's smurfed up. Maybe the flood wil get to the tests and we'll get to retake it

Friend: Good one. Also, best sprinkler system ever btw. Yo dawg, i herd you were on fire, so we're gonna dump infinite gallons of boiling water in one area of the building that isn't on fire. Also, we're going to collapse the ceiling on your head

krissy
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
those professors should get sued

Formalhaut
01-28-2013, 04:24 PM
What a story. You'd think a major flooding would make the test invalid? You have to concentrate in an exam naturally, and I think worrying about a bloody hot flood would be a mitigating factor in all of this..

Shorty
01-28-2013, 04:49 PM
A high test score won't matter if you're dead!

Mercen-X
01-28-2013, 06:24 PM
I probably wouldn't have done well on the test anyway. Not that I would have scrambled out of the building. More likely to die in a panic than due to a flood or fire.

TrollHunter
01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
I would finish the test like a MAN

Chris
01-28-2013, 07:42 PM
This sounds absolutely insane to me. :(

I Took the Red Pill
01-28-2013, 07:43 PM
We can estimate the number of extra points that you receive on the test (as compared to your peers who left immediately) as a function of time, (time=t) since the sprinklers went off, (time=0) by viewing it as a Poisson Process. I'm not sure how to factor in the whole risk of death thing into it though. Shit would get pretty arbitrary pretty quickly.

Goldenboko
01-28-2013, 08:23 PM
I would finish the test like a MAN

oh i DID

Bunny
01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
I would put out the fire, get rid of the water, and then ace my test. I would then proceed to get so much poontang that I would receive every honorary degree from the University in which I was attending.

They would probably build a statue of me or name the stadium after me.

Raistlin
01-29-2013, 01:11 AM
You didn't put out the fire or save a drowning puppy? Lame.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-29-2013, 09:20 AM
How was the fire started?

I'm assuming someone else wanted to get out of the test.

Faris
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Might as well drown if I failed the test.

qwertysaur
01-29-2013, 05:20 PM
The is really one correct answer. The water was just to enforce the time limit. :p

Flaming Ice
01-29-2013, 05:23 PM
Drown the teacher.