PDA

View Full Version : Food Intolerance

Bubba
01-28-2013, 03:31 PM
What kind of food intolerances does everyone have?

I'm lucky enough not to have any but my girlfriend can not have any dairy otherwise she is violently sick. Seriously, she had a few licks of a creme egg a couple of years back and ended up in hospital. I'll be sure to steer clear of the chocolates come Valentines Day. Plus, cooking for her is an absolute nightmare as you have to check every ingredient to make sure there are no traces of milk.

So... what can't you eat?

Chris
01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I can eat anything, and I have.

Sephex
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I don't have any restrictions, but I might as well because I am that picky of an eater.

krissy
01-28-2013, 04:07 PM
i have an aversion to butts and cauliflower

Night Fury
01-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Milk. Most dairy I am fine with, but drinking a glass of cold milk gives me the worst griping pains in my stomach, then if I have a coffee that is all milk (Latte) I will feel really mega bloated.

Formalhaut
01-28-2013, 04:22 PM
I'm not really intolerant to anything particular food, I just find certain foods intolerable.

Cloudane
01-28-2013, 04:26 PM
I can't tolerate onion on pizzas. It does not belong there, get it off ><

(I don't have any literal food intolerances)

Shauna
01-28-2013, 04:27 PM
No intolerance here, luckily.

Shorty
01-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Milk. Most dairy I am fine with, but drinking a glass of cold milk gives me the worst griping pains in my stomach, then if I have a coffee that is all milk (Latte) I will feel really mega bloated.

This. My mom and I are both moderately lactose-intolerant. Eating cheese and stuff doesn't bother me, but if I down a milkshake or a latte or an excessive amount of ice cream it does not feel great at allll.

Faris
01-28-2013, 05:25 PM
Mint makes me nauseous and fruits gives me heart burn. Aside from that I can eat anything.

Mercen-X
01-28-2013, 06:19 PM
LI/GI

Mirage
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
What kind of food intolerances does everyone have?

I'm lucky enough not to have any but my girlfriend can not have any dairy otherwise she is violently sick. Seriously, she had a few licks of a creme egg a couple of years back and ended up in hospital. I'll be sure to steer clear of the chocolates come Valentines Day. Plus, cooking for her is an absolute nightmare as you have to check every ingredient to make sure there are no traces of milk.

So... what can't you eat?

Sounds like she's allergic to milk protein. I know a dude who is just like that and I don't envy him. It's pretty different from lactose intolerance in that there's no way to get around it.

Personally, I don't think there is any food that is classified as normal human food that my body automatically disagrees with. I've even eaten raw chicken, eggs and bacon without getting any bad side effects.

Bubba
01-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Sounds like she's allergic to milk protein. I know a dude who is just like that and I don't envy him. It's pretty different from lactose intolerance in that there's no way to get around it.

Yeah, that's it. It's definitely different to being lactose intolerant. Eating out is an absolute pain in the arse.

Mirage
01-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Yep, lactose intolerance can be worked around by just taking some pills full of lactase enzymes, or getting lactose free milk. Most cheeses are in fact almost entirely free of lactose as well, considering lactose is what fuels the cheese making process.

Pike
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Anything that is high in fiber just destroys me.

Jowy
01-28-2013, 11:10 PM
The smell of ranch dressing alone is enough to induce vomiting. If so much as a drop hits my tongue, my gag reflex goes off and it will not be a pretty sight if I attempt to swallow it. Most condiments in general disgust me, actually. I willingly consumed ketchup for the first time in my life a few months ago. I wasn't impressed.

Mirage
01-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I can deal with all of those.

Raistlin
01-29-2013, 01:05 AM
I don't have any intolerances or allergies. I generally try to limit my fiber due to my Crohn's disease, but I don't have to avoid any foods in particular.

A cousin of mine has a gluten intolerance as well as some strange food allergies. Poor kid can't eat a lot of normal foods. And a college friend of mine had a nut and peanut allergy so sever that he carried around an epi pen. I personally could not bear to go on if I could never eat peanut butter again.

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't have any intolerances (fuck you, FF. That's a word) or allergies to speak of at all. I eat whatever the hell I want.

Tigmafuzz
01-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Onions :barf:

Shlup
01-29-2013, 08:33 AM
If it's a delicacy in China, keep it away from me.

Araciel
01-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Never had a problem with anything.

qwertysaur
01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Almonds and Peanuts. Their smell makes me gag. :(

Pumpkin
01-29-2013, 06:35 PM
I don't have any allergies but I can't stand fish (other than tuna). I also have very sensitive teeth so cold drinks cause me much pain and also some sweets are hard for me to eat. I can, and will, eat them but I have to take a break halfway through because my teethies hurt too much. Things with caramel do that to me a lot. Also things like two thick chocolate chip cookies with icing in the middle (darn you, america) makes my teeth hurt just looking at it. I have to be careful with pop/soda/soft drinks too because they can hurt my teeth. I usually drink them flat. also if food is too hot (temp wise) I tend to get heart burn.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Crab. I have tried and tried and every time I eat it, I feel like vomiting.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-30-2013, 03:07 PM
I can eat pretty much anything. On very rare occasions, I'll eat raw tomatos and my tongue will pucker a little and develop raised sore spots. It hasn't happened in years, and it's always only lasted maybe an hour. :shrug: