PDA

View Full Version : Long-range assassin

COMYYY
01-29-2013, 06:00 AM
I have seen many assassins from WOW, Assassin’s Creed, GW, etc, but this one looks really different. It comes from a mmorpg called Conquer Online.

They called their assassins the “Oriental Assassin” and distinguish theirs as a long-range class. Skills seem pretty cool.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/hereisvilla1/image1_zps73b2f00a.jpeg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/hereisvilla1/image2_zpse464dab7.jpeg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/hereisvilla1/image3_zps59732c1c.jpeg

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x387/hereisvilla1/image4_zpsf4a4ed33.jpeg

EDIT BY BoB: Advertising! Discuss snipers!

chionos
01-29-2013, 06:15 AM
In before thread closed. =P

OR, if we're to turn spam into useful discussion:
Those stills look pretty lame to me.
Couldn't they have shown off the ass's superawesomeskillz on a less boring background?

Mirage
01-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Long range assassin. So, a sniper? :p

Pike
01-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Let's keep the thread. Talk about snipers and stuff in games!

I'm really bad at being a sniper in FPS games :(

Quindiana Jones
01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm an excellent sniper when it comes to proper sniping; observing, planning, executing and that. I'm pretty awful when it comes to quick-/no-scopes and other competitive FPS style mechanics. :(

Mirage
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Not a fan of runscopefirerun? :p

Quindiana Jones
01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Not really. Maybe because I'm terrible at it. xD

Though I do typically prefer sneaky watchy sneaky killing. I completed Far Cry 3 with considerably more kills by Takedown than by any gun. :p

Loony BoB
01-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I posted this in another thread and only just now realised that this thread is far more relevant. So...

I could be a sniper in PvP, I choose not to because I find it to be cheap and boring. :p I prefer a more involving game. I don't mind snipers in PvP so long as it's done in a realistic way - and it's not. Realism would mean that there would be one or two snipers in any one town, and once you took care of them they would be dead. In games with respawning functionality, it doesn't matter how many times you kill a sniper, they'll always be back. They're a bit overpowered in some of (not all of) the games that I've played.
As for PvE, I love sniping in games like Far Cry 3 where you have a large world to move around, much larger and more active-sniper-friendly than PvP games are. I think most of the camps I took over were done so from a very notable distance without ever being spotted.

Quindiana Jones
01-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Hehe, I started that game taking outposts from afar, but once I unlocked some of the later Takedowns, it was melee all the way. :radred:

As for snipers in PvP, they're not that overpowered. A good sniper is overpowered, as is a good shotgunner, or a good SMGer. Most people get taken out by average snipers because of their own careless maneouvring, I find.

Loony BoB
01-29-2013, 01:59 PM
As for snipers in PvP, they're not that overpowered. A good sniper is overpowered, as is a good shotgunner, or a good SMGer. Most people get taken out by average snipers because of their own careless maneouvring, I find.
Depends on the game/map. Many maps simply aren't designed to give you much/any cover over large spaces, or they have primary objectives which require you to go out into the open (either a key destination or a key route to the key destination) where snipers from all kinds of places on the map could fire upon you. It really can get pretty ridiculous! That's when you have to rely on some heavy teamwork and a knowledge of known camping spots, but even then it can get out of hand.

When we played W:ET there were some maps in which there were a number of snipers that would all just be sitting around trying to spot the opposition snipers while poor front-liners like me just had to try to get to the objectives before the timer was up. :p

Shorty
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm an excellent sniper when it comes to proper sniping; observing, planning, executing and that. I'm pretty awful when it comes to quick-/no-scopes and other competitive FPS style mechanics. :(

This is essentially how I roll. Sniping is my preferred method of taking out enemies. I really prefer using scopes as opposed to shooting blindly like a madman hoping that I hit something.

escobert
01-30-2013, 12:23 AM
Snipers are horrible people who need to sit in a corner to kill anyone. stop being annoying assholes and run around like the rest of us.

Shorty
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
No way. From my perch I can zero in on you caucus racers down below and make a hit.

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
No, I have been mistaken as a sniper before because of the way that I conduct myself. The truth is that I wield a small pistol and try to sneak attack at medium range. I guess that's a bit unexpected of me, huh?

escobert
01-30-2013, 12:30 AM
No way. From my perch I can zero in on you caucus racers down below and make a hit.
Like a loser. Oh lets hide so noone can find us and shoot someone as they run by! most boring gayness ever :mad2:

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:40 AM
I cannot aim as well as I would think that snipers have to aim, so I admire her for being able to be that patient to get the perfect shot. I'm more of a hands-on type of guy...

Futan
01-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Depends on the game how I play sniper, in BF:BC2(and other realistic ones with gravity, wind and such affecting the shot), I'll usually camp far away and patiently take the shot because you don't really have much of a choice with so many factors weighing in. But in W:ET(and other less realistic games), I've been known to just crouch down in the open and take reflex shots as need be. XD

NorthernChaosGod
01-30-2013, 04:47 AM

I'll take you out, camper.

Iceglow
01-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Depends on the game really. I like sniper rifles and I enjoy using them in most situations and yet I find myself in competitive pvp games utilizing mid-range assault weaponry. On Halo my most effective game type is Swat since I began playing the multi-player back in Halo 3, which sees me using either a DMR or BR or rarely even a Magnum depending on which Halo it is and what map conditions (Halo 4: using a BR on more closed in maps, a DMR in more open spaced maps for better range) are like. In games like Call of Duty where mid-range weaponry consists of assault rifles you'll find me mostly using a silenced assault rifle from longer range than normal including using them up to sniper rifle ranges where I have been accused of cheating rather than having good eyesight. I find that unless the game was designed with particular attention to sniping it can be difficult to utilize, for example many Call of Duty game segments are designed to make you surge forwards, especially when the game is built by Treyarch for a key example of this: Khe Sahn in the first Black Ops game, there is a couple of segments which see you have to cross an open trench field under heavy attack, the troops you must actively worry about re-spawn every 6 seconds after being killed and are upon you almost immediately, using a sniper rifle though one is available is pointless you need the faster rate of fire of an assault rifle or LMG to get through them alive. The developer is forcing you in to a "rush" situation I dislike that, in Modern Warfare call of duty games, with exception to timed criteria missions there is generally a finite number of troops therefore picking up a sniper rifle moving to a vantage point, taking the shot, once compromised moving to another section and taking the shot from there and so forth works because once you've worked around the field of battle sniping the enemies are all dead.

I also enjoy playing a sniper type role in games like morrowind because sometimes the bow and arrow is a better choice when you're the stealth type.

chionos
01-31-2013, 06:01 AM
I also enjoy playing a sniper type role in games like morrowind because sometimes the bow and arrow is a better choice when you're the stealth type.

Sniping with a bow in Elder Scrolls games (and in Thief) is way more satisfying than it should be. Really great shots bring on the gameboner.