PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Trips/Holidays/Vacations

Bubba
01-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Is anyone planning on doing any travelling this year? Where are you planning to go? Why? I'm pretty sure there's a few EOFFers meeting up over the summer from what I've heard.

I'm monumentally excited as I've just booked my flights to Dubai with the missus at the start of April. Her Dad is pretty well off and has an apartment on the beach so we are making the most of it!

Formalhaut
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
I never go on holidays and vacations. If it's for the school, then sure, but family holidays are virtually non-existent.

Shorty
01-29-2013, 09:24 PM
- Utah in the next couple months to visit my best friend.
- Vegas sometime this summer (June, probably) for an unofficial reunion of my high school group of friends.
- Scotland in September for WEDDING YAY. Rantz and I will hopefully be doing some traveling around the area at that time.
- Utah again at the end of the year for said best friend's wedding.
- aaand probably several minor road trips later this year when I move north, probably bounding around to Montana to hopefully visit Pikey, Seattle, Vancouver, possibly Calgary and hooopefully the Redwood National Forest, if I can squeeze it in. Between my stay in Coeur d'Alene and moving to Portland, I should be able to hit all of these places.

Shlup
01-29-2013, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking of heading to Northern California to spend my 30th birthday with my BFF, but other than that I'm not really interested in traveling this year. I think I'll be content to stay home with my fetus. Once its off the boob and I've got some kind of pre-pregnancy body back, though, I want to go to Disney World, since I get in for free.

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2013, 11:27 PM
- Utah in the next couple months to visit my best friend.
- Vegas sometime this summer (June, probably) for an unofficial reunion of my high school group of friends.
- Scotland in September for WEDDING YAY. Rantz and I will hopefully be doing some traveling around the area at that time.
- Utah again at the end of the year for said best friend's wedding.
- aaand probably several minor road trips later this year when I move north, probably bounding around to Montana to hopefully visit Pikey, Seattle, Vancouver, possibly Calgary and hooopefully the Redwood National Forest, if I can squeeze it in. Between my stay in Coeur d'Alene and moving to Portland, I should be able to hit all of these places.

I'LL BE IN VEGAS IN JUNE.

Shorty
01-29-2013, 11:28 PM
oh my god WHAT

PAAAAARTY

Formalhaut
01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
The comparisons between mine and Shorty's list are just laughable :p And abit sad too really

Shorty
01-29-2013, 11:54 PM
Not sad. I just like to take a lot of road trips.

Jowy
01-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Trips are fun!

Gonna go get screwballed with Clo and her man this weekend. Driving across the country to move in a few weeks; stopping in Wisconsin to see Doomgaze and Montana to kick it with Pike. Planning to head to Portland and hassle Knox and Idaho to meet Shorty whenever she moves up there too. Good times are gonna happen!

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:28 AM
I have a lot of plans this year.

- I attend a fighting game tournament every year in Las Vegas, Nevada called Evolution. In fact, if you watch the stream, you may see me on it because I play on a unique control scheme that gets some attention.

- I want to visit Jen at her home in California some time this year to help her find homes for some cats.

- The rest of my plans are still unavailable, even to me. I wish I knew more.

Clo
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm going to San Diego this summer.

That is the extent of my plans.

And I'm seeing JOWYYYYYYY THIS WEEKENDDDD

Pike
01-30-2013, 01:31 AM
All these people coming to see me :}

I'm hopefully going to England to hang with Hux sometime in the next few months!

Faris
01-30-2013, 01:58 AM
Absolutely nothing.

My gal pal keeps insisting on going on a trip but every time we settle on something it's never brought up again.

fire_of_avalon
01-30-2013, 02:22 AM
How come EoFFers don't flock to see me? Ingrates.

I'll probably go to Florida this year. I would like to travel more, but instead I suck.

Jowy
01-30-2013, 02:48 AM

I'll probably go to Florida this year. I would like to travel more, but instead I suck.

I'd totally hang out with you in a heartbeat, but you're all the way down south!

Sephex
01-30-2013, 03:03 AM

Nice try, foa. Everyone knows that southerners only exist to devour the souls from the north!

Raistlin
01-30-2013, 03:09 AM
I WILL VISIT YOU FOA

Also I have no set plans for anything yet, though presumably I will be going to a beach with my college friends for a week like we try to do every summer.

NorthernChaosGod
01-30-2013, 05:14 AM
oh my god WHAT

PAAAAARTY
PARTY PARTY PARTY.

I'm going to San Diego this summer.
MORE PARTYING.

Shorty
01-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Goddamn it, Clo. I live 6-8 hours away from San Diego for six years and you pick the time to come when I vacate the area. :colbert:

Bubba
01-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Scotland in September for WEDDING YAY. Rantz and I will hopefully be doing some traveling around the area at that time

I'm normally in Glasgow round that time seeing my best mate. You and Rantz should come over for a night out! It's only an hour away from Edinburgh. We'll get Shauna involved as well as she's from sunny Glasgow.

I'll resist the temptation to pop over to Edinburgh and crash the wedding...

The comparisons between mine and Shorty's list are just laughable :p And abit sad too really

Don't worry, Formy. As much as I love my beloved England. The USA does tend to have a much larger quota of interesting places to visit. You 'll have to come along to UK EOFF meet-up when it gets organised this year.

Night Fury
01-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Possibly go to a UK EoFF meet!

I'm going to Australia in July to go invade HNB's home! Woooooo! :D
We're gonna travel around a lot there, which will be an adventure (me screaming at critters, Philip laughing his ass off at me)

Loony BoB
01-30-2013, 09:46 AM
No solid overseas plans at the moment, as all our cash is going towards the wedding in September - but for me, people coming to visit me is just as good as flying overseas for a holiday, so I'm sure no matter what I'll have an incredible time. I hope to meet IDNAN in February for drinks since he's hoping to visit Edinburgh, and in April (?) I think Locky and Shauna might come stay the night at our flat. Then roughly 50 people are coming to Edinburgh for the wedding, so... :)!

If we save quickly enough after the wedding then we hope to have our (delayed) honeymoon in California with a stopover in New York.

Night Fury
01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
No solid overseas plans at the moment, as all our cash is going towards the wedding in September - but for me, people coming to visit me is just as good as flying overseas for a holiday, so I'm sure no matter what I'll have an incredible time. I hope to meet IDNAN in February for drinks since he's hoping to visit Edinburgh, and in April (?) I think Locky and Shauna might come stay the night at our flat. Then roughly 50 people are coming to Edinburgh for the wedding, so... :)!

If we save quickly enough after the wedding then we hope to have our (delayed) honeymoon in California with a stopover in New York.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! :D

yukina
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM
I have a trip to Bangkok slated this coming May but apart from that, my travel list is pretty empty at the moment. I think I might go tourist-destination-hopping in a couple of places in the Philippines. Palawan and Cagayan de Oro :>

Pheesh
01-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Off to Melbourne to in late February for my birthday and to visit my Mum. Then when Lockharted arrives I'll be showing her as much of Australia as possible, so there will be lots of Travelling around!

louby_4eva
01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
I got my first passport 2 years ago with plans to travel everywhere! Then went to Italy and that was it.

This year I plan on convincing my boyfriend/friends to go on holiday with me. Lanzarote or America somewhere hopefully! ^_^

Aulayna
01-30-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm hopefully off to Anaheim, CA at some point this year. Work and finances permitting!

Psychotic
01-30-2013, 07:02 PM
I have two whole EoFF weddings to go to. The Daniel/le wedding in September and his former flatmate's in August. I feel old as they are the first wedding invites I've received in my own right.

Possibly An American Adventure again. We'll see!

Shauna
01-30-2013, 11:22 PM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! :D

Travelling to Edinburgh will be a thing I'll do a few times this year, it seems. :3

Also travelling to Aberdeen a few times. Then if my best bud gets onto her Masters' course, I will be visiting wherever she moves, to I am sure. It'll be in Engerland, so I may even be able to see some of you losers down south. :3

There's also vague discussions of an abroad holiday over the summer, but I am not sure how likely that is to occur.

NorthernChaosGod
01-31-2013, 03:11 AM
Goddamn it, Clo. I live 6-8 hours away from San Diego for six years and you pick the time to come when I vacate the area. :colbert:

Clearly she doesn't like you.

TrollHunter
01-31-2013, 03:15 AM
Going to be visiting Fayetteville North Carolina over the summer for when I hit 18 to visit friends and get my first tattoo from some of the best tattoo artists I know who have been family friends for years.

Shorty
01-31-2013, 04:03 AM

Clo loves me. Certainly more than she likes you.

qwertysaur
01-31-2013, 05:28 AM
I'm going to six flags great adventure this summer.:bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
01-31-2013, 08:21 AM

Clo loves me. Certainly more than she likes you.

I'll take pictures to show how wrong you are.

Clo
01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Simmer down children.

And Shorty's my girl, she knows this. And I didn't know you moved away I DUNNO THINGS :cry:

Pike
01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Booked my flight. Going to England late March. :flirt:

Shorty
01-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Eeeee Pike! <3333!!

also Clograb I haven't moved yet but I am at the end of March :(

Night Fury
01-31-2013, 05:47 PM
Booked my flight. Going to England late March. :flirt:

Eeeeeeep! :D

I'm proposing an EoFF UK meetup! for the end of March! I'll be through with my dissertation then so it would be AWESOME! :D

Bubba
01-31-2013, 06:48 PM
I'm in! Get a thread set up!

Madame Adequate
01-31-2013, 07:07 PM
I expect to be visiting Pike in late summer/early fall, and we're going to take a few days to see her mom and sisters in Washington state, but I don't think I'll be taking 2013 trips throughout my entire life truth be told.

Laddy
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Godammit, I'm so far from EoFFers. :( I should just leave it all just kick it with Pike or Boobs or Freya or something.

Loony BoB
02-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm proposing an EoFF UK meetup! for the end of March! I'll be through with my dissertation then so it would be AWESOME! :D
In Edinburgh, right? :shifty:

Bunny
02-04-2013, 06:25 PM
We are probably going to head to the mountains (Breckenridge) for a 3-4 day mini vacation during March or April, possibly even in the summer, just so she can reset from work and wedding planning. We are also arguing about where we want to take our honeymoon - she says we should go to Florida and Disney World in November or December for a sort of unofficial honeymoon and I am arguing that we should suck it up and go to Italy.

She'll probably win. But I will go to Rome, with or without her.

Nothing is definitively planned though.

Pike
02-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Godammit, I'm so far from EoFFers. :( I should just leave it all just kick it with Pike or Boobs or Freya or something.

Come to Montana, bro. We'll go shopping for tight pants and videogames. Mostly videogames.