PDA

View Full Version : Mana Appreciation Thread

Wolf Kanno
01-29-2013, 07:58 PM

:rabite: So which entry was your favorite?
:rabite: What about your favorite weapon?
:rabite: Character?
:rabite: Mana Spirit?
:rabite: Anyone else think that being shot out of a cannon is a cool way to travel?
:rabite: Have you played them all?

ShinGundam
01-29-2013, 08:27 PM
I don't have a favorite game from Mana series (played SoM and SD3) but i liked FFA because it is simple ARPG. I played SoM and really didn't like it because of the weapon recovery percentage, Its basically 1 full hit every 3 or 4 seconds which is really slow for an old school ARPG. And finally SD3 has a Magic system with the screen freezing which makes it feels more like a regular JRPG.

IMO, FFA is the best Mana game .

qwertysaur
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM
:rabite:secret of Mana for me
:rabite: The Spear and the whip
:rabite: Hawkeye
:rabite: I like Gnome and Sylphid/Jinn the most. Dryad is cool to.
:rabite: The second best way to travel. Flammie is the best. :kaoclove:
:rabite: Not yet :(

Jowy
01-30-2013, 12:30 AM
:rabite: Secret of Mana
:rabite: Sword all the way.
:rabite: Lise
:rabite: Lumina for DAT LUCENT BEAM
:rabite: I used the game genie and cannon travel would cause the game to lock up. :aimcry:
:rabite: No, Children and Dawn of Mana looked kinda terrible so I've avoided them. The original Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure is one of my favourite games. Used to play that on my Game Boy Pocket every single day...partially because I couldn't figure out the figure eight puzzle in the desert so I'd just grind like crazy until I got bored. Glass Desert music is SO AWESOME. I remember the ice dungeon being super fun too! The GBA remake kinda sucked. The simplicity of the original is part of its charm.

qwertysaur
01-30-2013, 12:34 AM
Also the music is amazing.

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:38 AM
:rabite: My favorite was Secret of Mana. I feel like they got the formula right and could have simply presented a similar game with revisions much like how the Dragon Quest series developed.
:rabite: I liked the Glove.
:rabite: I liked Purim.
:rabite: My favorite elemental spirit was Luna.
:rabite: I think they could have found a different method of transportation. It certainly has... character.
:rabite: No. I don't like Seiken Densetsu 3 due to its non-linearity.

Mirage
01-30-2013, 12:53 AM
SD3 is pretty linear, until you get to the "kill the mana beasts" part.

Del Murder
01-30-2013, 04:11 AM
:rabite: So which entry was your favorite? Secret of Mana
:rabite: What about your favorite weapon? Spear! It has slightly better base attack iirc
:rabite: Character? The Sprite
:rabite: Mana Spirit? Salamander
:rabite: Anyone else think that being shot out of a cannon is a cool way to travel? Yes
:rabite: Have you played them all? Started SD3 twice but it's hard to get into it on an emulator

The Man
01-30-2013, 04:19 AM
:rabite: So which entry was your favorite? SD3, though Secret of Mana is a close second.
:rabite: What about your favorite weapon? I like swords! Also the whip is pretty cool, as is the axe.
:rabite: Character? Hawkeye, Lise, or Popoie (sprite).
:rabite: Mana Spirit? Probably Luna, Wisp, or Dryad
:rabite: Anyone else think that being shot out of a cannon is a cool way to travel? Of course. I sometimes find myself wishing it would work in real life :(
:rabite: Have you played them all? Only Secret of Mana and SD3. I should get onto some of the others, :rabite:learly.

Also the soundtracks are indeed smurfing amazing.

qwertysaur
01-30-2013, 04:22 AM
Jowy's post have a disturbing lack of Rabite. :rabite:

qwertysaur
01-30-2013, 04:46 AM
you should play them. They are quite good. :rabite:

Jowy
01-30-2013, 05:14 PM

i fixed that for you. :aimsun:

qwertysaur
01-30-2013, 05:29 PM

i fixed that for you. :aimsun:
Thank you. :rabite:

escobert
01-30-2013, 08:55 PM
I liked me some Legend of Mana

Mirage
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot. I've only really played SD3. I started on Legend of Mana and Secret of Mana, but they didn't suck me in the same way that SD3 did.

Character and weapon? I like Lise and her spears.
Mana spirit? Undine, although a Luna is fine too.
Cannons are way cool, but Flammie is way cooler, and the music is awesome too.
I haven't played them all, but I have at least started most of them, even if I didn't finish most of them.

Jowy
02-06-2013, 06:03 AM
I found Secret of Mana with the box, instructions, map, and even the plastic sleeve to guard the cartridge connectors over the weekend! Be jelly.

Mirage
02-06-2013, 06:12 AM
I have it in japanese, in the box, with instructions and even the plastic sleeve to guard the cardridge. I'm not extremely jelly (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1132077/images/S6301913.JPG), although it would have been nice to have it in English.

I found Seiken Densetsu 3, but that was for a completely unreasonable sum.

Also, don't say anything about the two to the very bottom right. They were in a bargain bin outside of a store and I got them for 100 yen which is like 2 dollars. Also, the star ocean cartridge didn't work :(.

Jowy
02-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Impressive! The Super Famicom buttons look a lot better than the purple switches on the SNES.

Mirage
02-06-2013, 08:49 AM
That is how the SNES looks in Europe, bro :p. Only you american got the ugly version :p. I'm actually thinking of modifying this SF, cause the cartridges have the exact same shape on the EU SNES consoles, but there is a few pins down in the machine that are different that disables european cartridges from booting up. Changing that thing would make no visual impact on the exterior of the console.