PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in a HD remake?

Wolf Kanno
01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Because if FFXHD does well, SE may invest in XII as well so what are you hoping for? Just simple aduio/visual clarity? SE to finally bring over FFXII International much like how the KH remake is the Final Mix version, or do you hope they may go further and retool or add some other elements instead?

TrollHunter
01-29-2013, 08:06 PM
All i want is for vaans creepy looking abs to go away, and for endgame magic to not take so damn long to cast after fully charging
Thats all i want

Mirage
01-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Audio quality is good enough already, I think. Not a lot you can improve there. The game supports surround too as far as I know.

All I want in a FF12 port is the option to choose between regular and IZJS as you start a new game, as well as 1080p graphics with however much antialiasing they can squeeze into the game. I wouldn't mind a HD install either, cause even PS2 ports can get some loading time here and there. At least I got that in the MGS HD collection.

I also want the ability to take screenshots from the XMB menu. This is possible, and SC5 does have this feature. All you do is press the PS button then go to images and then select "take screenshot".

I wouldn't mind a music/cutscene/CG movie replay theatre either. And I also wouldn't mind being able to control Penelo or something in cities cause she is a lot nicer to look at.

And while I'm at it, this is how fantastic (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1132077/images/holytitsff12.jpg) FF12 can look with 1080p graphics (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1132077/images/ff12.jpg). Of course, the user interface elements need to be redrawn by someone at SE,that's not something an emulator can deal with.

But do you know what I'm really really hoping for? That the reason FFX HD is taking forever is because they're putting FFX, FFX-2 and FF12 into one collection box thing.

Fynn
01-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Zodiac Job System. That is all.

DMKA
01-30-2013, 01:35 AM
The old battle system.

Yar
01-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Same as Mirage. Zodiac Job System please.

qwertysaur
01-31-2013, 05:33 AM
Fourthting(?) Zodiac Job System. Also a stinger hinting at the cataclysm.

Raistlin
02-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I wouldn't mind a music/cutscene/CG movie replay theatre either.

I would really like this.

SteahMeLee
05-20-2013, 09:57 PM
:) Of course the Zodiac Job System, to be chosen at the beginning like you do with the two possible Sphere Grids in FFX Int.

I'm the job classes maniac, I wait for IZJS to play XII itself since I can't delete board squares in the classic XII and also I can't skip them so that making classes is really hard although possible (with some compromises)...

Zechs
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Zodiac Job System, as previously mentioned.

But I would also like to see something Vagrant Story to cameo. A portal to a small Lea Monde map, a boss, Ashley being an NPC (or acquirable character).

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Yes, yes to everything.

Fynn
05-23-2013, 08:55 PM
Come to think of it, I would also like a way to keep track of the non-hunt quests. In fact, I would like even more of those.

EDIT: And another thing! I want shared XP. There was no reason for that not to be In the original game, considering the fact that LP is shared.

Freya
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
All i want is for vaans creepy looking abs to go away
That.

champagne supernova
06-04-2013, 10:03 PM
I really want to replay this game, so I just hope that there just is a XII remake as I have lost my PS2 memory card.

Skyblade
06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
The old battle system.

Yep, this.

I still don't understand how anyone can possibly enjoy FFXII's battle system, it was horrible. I want one of the old systems back.

Freya
06-06-2013, 05:35 PM
I enjoyed it. It was like an MMO but single player. And I enjoy MMO's so there's that!

Fynn
06-06-2013, 06:02 PM
I enjoyed it. It was like an MMO but single player. And I enjoy MMO's so there's that!

That. It was different and fun. I'll take ADB and gambits over CTB any day.

Formalhaut
06-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Hey I loved FFXII's battle system!

Loony BoB
06-10-2013, 12:37 PM
DataLogs. If ever I played a game that needed some kind of journal with information on all the different characters and the storyline, this game was it. I've twice played through to the end, once completed it, and I still don't really feel like I followed the storyline so much as pushed buttons to progress it. But then, I was never a big fan of politics.

Jinx
06-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I thought the game DID have datalogs. :confused:

Loony BoB
06-10-2013, 04:03 PM
XIII did. I don't remember XII having any. I would often go back into the story after a long period of doing hunts and leveling and have forgotten what I was supposed to be doing and just kind of... not have any real way of being reminded.

Karifean
06-10-2013, 07:49 PM
There aren't Datalogs in the game, though a lot of world lore is covered in the bestiary. And you can find out what you're supposed to do right now on the map screen.

Polnareff
06-10-2013, 10:11 PM
The few things I'd like to see:

-As Mirage mentioned, the choice between the original FFXII and the job system version

-Make battle commands complete faster

-Make it so that moving around the battlefield actually affects battles

I think that's about it.

Formalhaut
06-11-2013, 03:15 PM
If they could include more hunts, that would be awesome. You could even make it slightly like the coliseum in XIII-2 where you could 'hunt' famous enemies from previous games. Or something. I don't know.

What else? Make magic casting not so that there is a huge delay because I casted scathe. It should be seamless, but alas, it's not.

Yeargdribble
06-17-2013, 06:47 PM
The old battle system.

Yep, this.

I still don't understand how anyone can possibly enjoy FFXII's battle system, it was horrible. I want one of the old systems back.

There was an article on Gamasutra a while back, and the idea wasn't new, that games seek efficiency. I think those of us who play RPGs are probably even more prone than most to this. That cool animation looks cool the first 2 or 3 times, but eventually you get tired of watching it. You're leveling up and you want efficiency.

I loved FFXII's battle system above almost all else about the game. While gambits could only be made so complicated, I could aim to strategically automate my battles depending on what I was doing. Layering strategy with efficient automation in an open-worldish game is just amazing.

I mean... what's better? ATB? Selecting options as a gauge fills up? I did like FFXs well enough. It was a rock, paper, scissors thing (if it's flying, Wakka, if it's armored, Auron, etc.) and you had access to the whole party, but most importantly, you could see when your turn versus the enemies was coming so there was a greater element of (spoon fed) strategy.

I'd much rather have a game like FFXII where you aren't pulled out of the world to fight things. Where you can almost reasonably opt out of some battles if you run or sneak.

Different strokes I guess, but FFXII probably had the most enjoyable battle system of any RPG I can think of.

Hollycat
06-17-2013, 06:50 PM
The old battle system.

Yep, this.

Don't let HC hear you say that. Some say that the last time he heard someone say the battle system in 12 was horrible he went insane.

Fynn
06-17-2013, 07:33 PM
The old battle system.

Yep, this.

Don't let HC hear you say that. Some say that the last time he heard someone say the battle system in 12 was horrible he went insane.

Hush, little baby. It's alright. We all know the system is awesome. It's all those other people that're crazy.

noxious.sunshine
06-17-2013, 09:25 PM
The battle system annoyed me at first, but after I got used to it, I liked it.

I want the characters to -not- pronounce "Bahamut" the way they did. That just made my skin crawl. Alas, that would require re-recording and I doubt Squeenix would follow through with that.

Fynn
06-17-2013, 09:33 PM

I want the characters to -not- pronounce "Bahamut" the way they did. That just made my skin crawl. Alas, that would require re-recording and I doubt Squeenix would follow through with that.

I liked it. I generally adored everything about the VA in this game. I know a couple of people were bothered by the pronunciation of "marquis" as well.

Skyblade
06-18-2013, 01:37 PM

I liked it. I generally adored everything about the VA in this game. I know a couple of people were bothered by the pronunciation of "marquis" as well.

The "s" is SILENT.

I mean, I know it's not universal, but man, that was annoying.

I never got far enough to reach the Bahamut. I ended shortly after the horrible Great Crystal dungeon. I just couldn't bring myself to care about the plot anymore.

Fynn
06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Ahem. Pronunciation of marquis - how to pronounce marquis correctly. (http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=marquis)

Jinx
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Ahem. Pronunciation of marquis - how to pronounce marquis correctly. (http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=marquis)

Exactly. Mar-kee.

If you want to say that S, you better put an E at the end of the bitch.

Pumpkin
06-18-2013, 10:14 PM
I pronounce it the french way. Because french is my first language.

Pronouncing the s makes me twitch a little.

Bolivar
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
I want them to allow you to have non-inverted camera controls. Inverted only with no option to change is unfair.

I don't like the Zodiac Job system, but I think the License Board could be rearranged a bit better and possibly even augmented, since it's too easy to have characters with most of the top board mastered on a playthrough with moderate sidequests. Restructuring would be nice especially for the tecknicks, where you have to master them essentially one at a time. It would be better for characters to have one or two essential to their archetype, instead of focusing on getting them all.

All gambit commands should be unlocked at the start, having them unlock as the story progresses doesn't make any kind of real sense, especially for tactical players who have really mastered the system.

Other than that, the combat system shouldn't be tweaked at all; it was one of the most important and best-implemented innovations in RPG history. It allows you to have the real-time combat modern WRPG blockbusters are obsessed with, while still having the tactical control of every action that a true RPG demands.

Fynn
06-19-2013, 07:58 AM

Exactly. Mar-kee.

If you want to say that S, you better put an E at the end of the bitch.

He clearly say the one with the s first. Therefore, it is the objectivelly superior form of pronunciation.

Skyblade
06-21-2013, 03:07 PM

Is that Yahtzee Croshaw giving us that pronunciation?

I want them to allow you to have non-inverted camera controls. Inverted only with no option to change is unfair.

Ok, I can accept camera control options.

I don't like the Zodiac Job system, but I think the License Board could be rearranged a bit better and possibly even augmented, since it's too easy to have characters with most of the top board mastered on a playthrough with moderate sidequests. Restructuring would be nice especially for the tecknicks, where you have to master them essentially one at a time. It would be better for characters to have one or two essential to their archetype, instead of focusing on getting them all.

Well, I haven't tried or seen the ZJS, but I have to say that the regular License Board is pretty pathetic. It's way to easy to max, and far to easy to reach particular milestones. Since nothing stops you from just buzzsawing through the board to whatever your current target is, and otherwise there is essentially no reason to work the system otherwise, the entire system kind of broke.

All gambit commands should be unlocked at the start, having them unlock as the story progresses doesn't make any kind of real sense, especially for tactical players who have really mastered the system.

Agreed. With one caveat:

Other than that, the combat system shouldn't be tweaked at all; it was one of the most important and best-implemented innovations in RPG history. It allows you to have the real-time combat modern WRPG blockbusters are obsessed with, while still having the tactical control of every action that a true RPG demands.

The Gambit system was horrible. There is no engagement in a game that plays itself. Once you get access to twelve Gambits, you can program them all for pretty much every situation and never do anything in combat again. The only time there was any "tactics" to the combat was around bosses, and that was mostly positioning control and running away to avoid being hit until you could heal, or executing Quickenings.

NeoCracker
06-23-2013, 06:07 PM
I would like the cut of the story that didn't include Vaan. That would be nice.

Skyblade
06-24-2013, 08:48 PM

Isn't that what XII had? I certainly don't remember him having any involvement in the plot.

I would honestly like to see his character having a little more importance. Even Penelo was a more involved character, due to her interactions with Larsa. Vaan was just...pointless. Either remove him entirely, or actually involve him.

Fynn
06-24-2013, 10:05 PM

Isn't that what XII had? I certainly don't remember him having any involvement in the plot.

I would honestly like to see his character having a little more importance. Even Penelo was a more involved character, due to her interactions with Larsa. Vaan was just...pointless. Either remove him entirely, or actually involve him.

Oh, he had a point. He had the same visions as Ashe. After Jahara, though, he stopped seeing Reks, because he let go of his hatred of the empire. If Ashe hadn't seen him cope with it in such a way, she may as well have done as the Occuria had told her to.