PDA

View Full Version : So which race will you be starting as in ARR?

Aulayna
01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Most likely a Miqo'te - possible a Lalafell!

Del Murder
01-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Either a male Miqo'te or a male Hume (or whatever they call it). Lalafell's are much less creepy than their original design but still too creepy for me to play.

Ouch!
01-29-2013, 09:58 PM
I haven't decided yet, and I'll probably play around with the character creator in beta now that they're unlocking all of the races. I played through all of 1.x as a Dunesfolk Lalafell (and played as a tarutaru in FFXI), but after spending nearly a decade as a miniature guy, I'm leaning towards a change. Either male Highlander Hume or male Sea Wolf Roegadyn. I'm leaning toward the latter right now, but we'll see what happens when we get full customization options.

Futan
01-29-2013, 11:50 PM
I was a midlander Hyur because I'm boring like that in 1.x. Prooooobably will be the same but possibly a male Miqo'te. That's if I even play :x, my interest has been waning lately. :-/

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:32 AM
Do you think that the Tarutaru equivalent will be as popular as it was in Final Fantasy XI?

Rostum
01-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Dunesfolk Lalafel for me! :)

Mirage
01-31-2013, 09:02 AM
Female Miqote and female roegadyn.

Do you think that the Tarutaru equivalent will be as popular as it was in Final Fantasy XI?
So which race will you be starting as?

Loony BoB
01-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Male Sea Wolf Roegadyn, without question. <3

Roogle: The Lalafell are indeed rather popular, last I checked.

Roogle
02-06-2013, 12:36 AM

I only play as humans in games. I don't like fantastic races. I don't think I've ever been anything but a human before unless I am forced to choose another race, like in the single player campaigns of Starcraft.

Laddy
02-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Miqo'te, most likely. Perhaps a Hyur or Elezen on later characters.

Mirage
02-07-2013, 12:21 PM

I only play as humans in games. I don't like fantastic races. I don't think I've ever been anything but a human before unless I am forced to choose another race, like in the single player campaigns of Starcraft.

Has anyone every told you that you're a bit narrow-minded?

If not, I'm doing it now.

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't think it's narrow-minded to prefer to play as a human instead of a fantasy-race. It's just a preference, and everyone's entitled to that.

Ouch!
02-07-2013, 02:41 PM

Has anyone every told you that you're a bit narrow-minded?

Has anyone ever told you that you're a bit judgmental?

Who cares if Roogle doesn't want to play as an elf?

Mirage
02-08-2013, 10:00 PM
That statement wasn't based on his post in this thread alone :p.

I'm sure Roogle took my joke, though.

Xannidel
02-09-2013, 01:15 PM
I am having a tough choice between a male Elezen or a male Lalafell. The Elezen remind me of Elves and the Lalafell are just adorable.