PDA

View Full Version : Movie Night!

Night Fury
01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Me and my housemate watched 'Insidious' together tonight! We established from this viewing that we'd both love to smooch (and more) Patrick Wilson, and we're both trout scared of leaving curtains open now.

I'd probably give it a 6/10 because I found it really enjoyable, interesting and a bit different to most of the other horrors nowadays. It was a bit... 'meh' in points but I'd watch it again!

We then watched 'Teeth' which was probably a 6/10 too because it was so bad it was good.

What films have you been watching lately? Do you ever have 'movie nights' at home?

Me and my housemate are gonna plan these once a week because tonight was awesome, and it's a great way to put Netflix to good use. We're gonna do genre nights, we've decided on 'Cop Movies' for next week, and I'm suggesting '21 Jump Street' because Channing Tatum.

Roogle
01-30-2013, 12:43 AM
No, I'm not much of a movie person. I will go out to see a movie with friends, but it is very expensive where we live and I would rather go out to dinner or something with the money rather than watch a movie which could be a forgettable experience. I have seen some movies that I enjoyed watching in the theaters like James Cameron's Avatar, if only for the special effects. The last movie that I saw The Man With The Iron Fist.

Jowy
01-30-2013, 12:55 AM
teeth

augh, i couldn't even read the description of that on IMDB without parts of my body attempt to retract inside of me for safety. i'll just sit down and watch a movie on netflix or cable whenever I'm in the mood.

krissy
01-30-2013, 02:43 AM
the last movie night i had was foreign lgbt-themed movies on netflix
so depressing/so much sexual assault
i felt pretty down for the next few days

Pheesh
01-30-2013, 02:57 AM
Usually I'll put a movie on as I go to sleep. If its a movie I really want to watch then I'll usually make time for it on the weekend or earlier in the day, but I will usually always fall asleep if there's a movie on and it's late, no matter how much I like it.

Del Murder
01-30-2013, 04:21 AM
Miriel and I have movie nights all the time. Just recently we watched the Oscar nominees: Argo, Lincoln, Les Miserables, and Zero Dark Thirty. Argo was great, Lincoln was good, and the other two were meh.

Shiny
01-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Out of that list Argo is the only one I actually enjoyed. I still have to get a screener for Silver Linings Playbook.

My friends and I have b movie night every week or every other week where we watch movies of the same caliber as Trolls 2 and The Room.

Shorty
01-30-2013, 05:31 PM
I miss having moving nights with my friends. When I move back home, I'm sure I'll have plenty with my sisters.

The Room is great for B movie nights. So awful.

Bubba
01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
I've had movie nights more often recently as my girlfriend has a HD cinema room at her house... which is just... indescribably good. She's a chick-flick fan though which I see as a bit of a waste of the room. We normally take it in turns to choose the films though.

We watched Just Go With It the other night which I honestly didn't mind too much. Mainly because I was excited to see Jake Shimabukuro in the background in one scene playing his ukulele. We also watched 21 Jump Street which I thought was very good! Definitely give it a whirl, Miss Lockharted.

I did convince her to watch my Blu-Ray Extended edition of Lord of the Rings as she'd never seen it. Words can not describe how monumentally happy I was.

As far as B-Movie's go... I always recommend the same film whenever this topic comes up. You simply must watch this film with a friend. Have a few drinks. It is the most fun you will ever have in your life.

http://blogs.whatsontv.co.uk/movietalk/files/2009/07/mega-shark-vs-giant-octopus-pack.jpg

Aulayna
01-30-2013, 07:12 PM
When I lived in London I used to go the cinema with a couple of friends every Saturday. We saw some great stuff. We saw some utter trout too. One night we even saw two films... we became so well known by the staff there that they used to give us free popcorn and such. The cinema was basically in a fairly run down leisure complex on the outskirts of town so outside of major new releases it didn't really see that much business.

No idea if it's still there actually.

Araciel
01-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Ervery night is movie night right now - the novelty of the projection screen has yet to wear thin. I just watched a good version of Flight and it was better than I expected.

Shauna
01-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Used to have movie nights all the time back at the flat. Monster movies, old horror movies, movies that used to scare us as kids, bad video game movies... All awful, but excellent. :D The night was made better with a bottle of wine or two.

Don't have so many movie nights now, but at some point my ol' flatmate will come down and we will stay up all night and watch movies.

Bubba
01-30-2013, 10:58 PM
The greatest movie scene ever? - Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus! - YouTube (http://youtu.be/I16_8l0yS-g)

Yes.