01-31-2013, 12:11 AM
The best Zelda game to date! :smash:

Futan
01-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Bullshit. Link to the Past is the greatest. :p

I see you and Wolf are having a heated competition! :p

Del Murder
01-31-2013, 12:22 AM
The original Legend of Zelda is the best one.

Majora's Mask isn't even the best Zelda on that system. It's still pretty great!

Pike
01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Whilst I did like Majora's Mask quite a lot I honestly think Ocarina of Time was better. All around more stuff to do, and it just felt more solid.

Also agreeing with Murd, the original LoZ is amazing.

Araciel
01-31-2013, 12:28 AM
I ain't never played no n64 Zeldas.

ZELDA 2 FO LIEF :colbert:

Aulayna
01-31-2013, 01:53 AM
More to do in Ocarina of Time? MORE TO DO IN OCARINA OF TIME!???

I see your argument and raise you the greatest collection of sidequests that ever existed outside of a TES game:

The Bomber's Notebook.

Most notably, the Anju and Kafei storyline.

/thread

Agent Proto
01-31-2013, 02:02 AM
Majora's Mask was a great game for the N64. There were a lot to do, and I found that the masks added a whole shitton of depth to the game. OoT may be the better game, but MM was far superior in a lot of ways. It's considerably underrated, or overrated however you see it. :p

TrollHunter
01-31-2013, 02:06 AM
Link to the past or minish cap
THOSE are the best 2D Zeldas

Now, if you want to argue 3d zeldas, then... I may have to agree with you.

Aulayna
01-31-2013, 02:12 AM
The Minish Cap was rather good and A Link to the Past is definately the gem of it's era. Though all the 2D ones have been stellar really - even Phantom Hourglass I can permit despite some of it's horrendous design flaws though it wouldn't fall into the stellar bracket.

Jowy
01-31-2013, 02:37 AM
Link's Awakening is the best. :aimmad:

The crazy person inside of me follows the theory that the entire game is essentially a hallucination Link had before turning into a Stalfos in the Lost Woods. You do experience all five stages of grief throughout the entirety of the game after all!

Pike
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
More to do in Ocarina of Time? MORE TO DO IN OCARINA OF TIME!???

I see your argument and raise you the greatest collection of sidequests that ever existed outside of a TES game:

The Bomber's Notebook.

Most notably, the Anju and Kafei storyline.

/thread

I'm too lazy to find that picture that compared stuff to do in both OoT and MM and showed OoT coming out in top in every category xD Like I said I do like MM. I just think OoT was better.

Værn
01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm too lazy to find that picture that compared stuff to do in both OoT and MM and showed OoT coming out in top in every category xD
I don't believe that such a picture exists. And if it does, then it is clearly biased :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
01-31-2013, 07:04 PM
MM is the best 3D Zelda. ALttP is the best Zelda. No debate about either points. :colbert:

Man, I want to play again. The only thing that could have made it better, was being able to use the Great Deity's Mask sooner and not just in boss rooms (without glitching/hacking).

Flying Arrow
02-01-2013, 04:49 AM
Majora's Mask is excellent. It's not a perfect game, but it's still better than games that are perfect.

In short, Majora's Mask is the best game ever that people forget to realize is the best game ever.

Pumpkin
02-01-2013, 05:04 AM
I loved Majora's Mask. I wish I still had the game. My mom didn't like it because she said the just got lazy and ripped off OoT.

I liked the masks, I liked the 3 day thing, I even liked the villain. I liked how almost every single character actually DID stuff for those three days. Had a routine. Said new things. It gets annoying when NPCs like never move, or say anything different. I have literally spent the three days just following around NPCs as they go about their business.

I liked the side games, like the mailman thing, the Anju sidequest, etc. I liked the areas, and how a world could exist with so much variance in geography all right next to each other. The dancing man on the giant snow mushroom rock. I liked how you could turn into different species, which all had their strengths and weaknesses. I liked how you could go back and redo the dungeons. I liked taking pictures. I liked seeing the world change in the three days.

It is my favorite Zelda Game.

noshowmillk
02-01-2013, 05:14 AM
Although I loved the boss fight against Goht, I have to back up Ocarina of Time. I enjoyed it more and had fun replaying it in later years. My only complaint with Ocarina of Time was the water temple.

Værn
02-01-2013, 09:27 AM
My only complaint with Ocarina of Time was the water temple.
You may find this helpful. This is definitely the way the water temple was meant to be beaten. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzYidSmRFg&t=86m25s)

Omni-Odin
02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I am definitely not on the Majora's Mask bandwagon. I actually just posted this on ZeldaDungeon's forums yesterday. Summary : I don't know how something can be that original when it basically pulled the FFX/XIII-2 route and used the exact same character models, graphics, and battle mechanics from its predecessor. To me MM is on the same level as FFXIII-2 tbh. I also don't like having a restriction on my time in the game. I chose to play YOU DAMNIT!!! Not the other way around. Just my opinion of course.

OoT does it for me. Always has. Also, the people who have trouble with the Water Temple. Come on it's been like 16 years. Can you still not figure it out? :-D

NorthernChaosGod
02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
You may find this helpful. This is definitely the way the water temple was meant to be beaten. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMzYidSmRFg&t=86m25s)

That was awesome.

noshowmillk
02-08-2013, 10:39 PM

(Sorry for the late reply)

Yeah, that really helped. That was awesome.

Jinx
02-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Water Temple isn't even that hard. Shadow Temple is way worse.

Aulayna
02-08-2013, 11:02 PM
I loved Majora's Mask. I wish I still had the game. My mom didn't like it because she said the just got lazy and ripped off OoT.

I liked the masks, I liked the 3 day thing, I even liked the villain. I liked how almost every single character actually DID stuff for those three days. Had a routine. Said new things. It gets annoying when NPCs like never move, or say anything different. I have literally spent the three days just following around NPCs as they go about their business.

I liked the side games, like the mailman thing, the Anju sidequest, etc. I liked the areas, and how a world could exist with so much variance in geography all right next to each other. The dancing man on the giant snow mushroom rock. I liked how you could turn into different species, which all had their strengths and weaknesses. I liked how you could go back and redo the dungeons. I liked taking pictures. I liked seeing the world change in the three days.

It is my favorite Zelda Game.

Naysayers. See the above!

Jowy
02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
The tedium associated with the Water Temple is the main gripe; the difficulty isn't anything noteworthy.

Pike
02-09-2013, 12:47 AM
Shadow Temple and Water Temple were both pains in the butt, although on the other hand I did manage to beat them when I was 14 or however old I was when I played this game so I guess they couldn't have been THAT hard looking back on it...

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Neither of them were hard. Come on, guys. This is supposed to be a site full of video game nerds.

Pike
02-09-2013, 10:18 AM
They weren't hard. Just pains in the butt.

krissy
02-09-2013, 07:05 PM
has anyone posted this yet

http://theophany-rmx.bandcamp.com/album/times-end-majoras-mask-remixed