PDA

View Full Version : Seriously? Don't you eat anywhere else?

Wolf Kanno
01-31-2013, 05:05 AM
Does anybody have a place they like to eat all the time and will often drag friends, family, and loved ones there far more than really should?

I get yelled at by my friends because I always want to go to Chipotle, but their BFB's are just so delicious... :love:

Shlup
01-31-2013, 05:06 AM
We have a handful of places near our house that we like, so when we go out we want to go those places. But they're great places to eat so no one's complaining!

qwertysaur
01-31-2013, 05:06 AM
There is a diner across from where I work. Classic diner food is sooooo delicious! :quina:

Yar
01-31-2013, 08:04 AM
There is an Irish Pub in my town that I always go to. They have really good food and some good IPBs as well.

I refuse to go anywhere else because all of the other bars are skanky and just all around shit holes. If I'm not drinking at that one bar, I just drink at home.

Shorty
01-31-2013, 08:10 AM
El Sinoloense. I bring everyone there.

One time the owner asked me "which one of them are my boyfriend" because every time I come in with someone, it's a different person than last time (I'm pretty sure he was joking but it made me feel kinda trampy). I've brought Justy, Rob, Philip and coworkers, etc. Planning on taking my mom when she comes to visit me soon! The owner and lead server love love me and know my order. :love:

NorthernChaosGod
01-31-2013, 08:25 AM
Going out to eat with my friends usually takes us to In N Out or Lolita's.

Rostum
01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Been eating a lot of Korean, Malaysian and Thai lately with friends from university.

Miriel
01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
No one ever yells at me about my food choices. Cause my food choices are awesome.

I will say that I'm constantly wanting to eat burgers, every time meal options are presented I will invariably suggest burgers. I love burgers. Also, paella. I could eat paella every single day. And there's really only one tapas place in the area that does paella really well, so if I could drag people there more often, I would. But most people don't love paella as much as I do.

Cloudane
01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
There are two Indian restaurants in town that get a LOT of attention from my circle of friends.

Madame Adequate
01-31-2013, 04:39 PM
In England, TJ's. But nobody I've taken there has ever disagreed that it is the very apex of food. In Montana, Arby's I guess, but me and Steph mix it up and go to other places as well :drool:

Pretzels however, oh my heavenly lord above, pretzels.

The Man
01-31-2013, 05:07 PM
Local pizza/Italian place. But almost no one I take ever complains about it because it's pretty much the best Italian food you can get outside of Italy.

Psychotic
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
I like me some Frankie and Bennys because I like their steaks and their desserts are beastly. I think most gourmets look down on me but I don't care. That shit's good.

Yar
01-31-2013, 06:36 PM
El Sinoloense. I bring everyone there.

One time the owner asked me "which one of them are my boyfriend" because every time I come in with someone, it's a different person than last time (I'm pretty sure he was joking but it made me feel kinda trampy). I've brought Justy, Rob, Philip and coworkers, etc. Planning on taking my mom when she comes to visit me soon! The owner and lead server love love me and know my order. :love:

Dude, that was seriously the BEST Mexican food I have ever had and I am craving it SO MUCH RIGHT NOW. That salsa was the tits.

I remember being there watching the Giants game with you. Seriously one of my highlights of that whole trip. :love:

EDIT: I lied... Nothing will ever compare to those burritos we had on that Sunday morning in San Diego. But still, second best isn't bad!!

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-31-2013, 07:38 PM
There's this place that I love going to for breakfast. It is a ways from my apartment but it is my favourite spot. It is actually a spot a friend and I always go to...until she left for Japan. T_T

Chris
01-31-2013, 07:59 PM
I eat where they serve food.

Weirdest place I've eaten? Hmm, probably at the zoo... with the camels. That was pretty fucking weird.

Night Fury
01-31-2013, 08:23 PM
I am also a fan of Frankie and Bennys because of their burgers and pasta dishes, and as Psy said - damn their desserts!

Also, Pizza Hut purreeelllyy for the cookie dough.

And then I'm a Nandos girl too. I've already made plans for Phil to grab me a Nandos on my first night in Australia.

Pumpkin
01-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Waffle House. Every Sunday. Waffle House.

I also like to go to Taco Bell and McDonald's often. I have been backing off on the McDonald's because my boyfriend hates it so I feel guilty every time we go. I also get in the mood for pizza every 2-3 months where I just crave so much greasy pizza. And I mean greasy. Like stick your napkin on it and you can see through the napkin.

Raistlin
01-31-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't really have such a place here (maybe Subway or Wendy's, but I don't eat fast food much anymore), though in law school I frequented a local sports' bar a lot, and in college it was either Ping's, a good chinese place, or the Roman Inn, a high quality local pizza/sub place which was amazing. I never got yelled at for suggesting those places, though, because everyone loved them.

Faris
01-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name and that place is a local restaurant called Lexus for my parents and I.

Cloudane
02-01-2013, 09:19 AM
What's that place with the mozzarella sticks and the goofy shit on the walls?

Parker
02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
For a while it was Frankie and Bennys. It's not the greatest restaurant by any means but as far as chains go it's pretty good. It's also the only place in my hometown where you can get a calzone.

In my university town there is a couple of pubs that apparently have decent food but I've only drank there. Otherwise it's KFC and kebab/chinese places. No restaurants as such.

Loony BoB
02-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Vittoria's is the best restaurant ever and I should take people there more, not less! I hope to be going there again soon. I lovelovelove their food - starters, mains, dessert, all properly amazing and all decently priced. The staff are incredible, too, and if you have their card then you get all kinds of deals. I hope to go there this month, and will deeeeeefinitely be taking people there when they come over in September. Maybe April, too, if my finances are all good.

As for places I eat a lot that aren't amazing, that would be McDonalds. But it's cheap, and when I need fast food and haven't got much cash, it's the go-to place for a quick fix. I don't often go there when we have guests or anything, though.