PDA

View Full Version : Front Mission Appreciation Thread

Wolf Kanno
01-31-2013, 05:39 AM
Anyone else really like this SRPG series?

Granted I loved FMIII and while I've enjoyed FMIV I keep forgetting to get back to it... Still it combines customization and giant robots so I'm pretty content. Anyone else love the series? Favorite entry? How is the rest of the series?

Del Murder
01-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Never played it. What games are it like most?

Wolf Kanno
02-01-2013, 05:33 AM
Strategy RPG like FFTactics mixed with Armored Core. Your units are combat mecha that you can customize with different parts and weapons and their pilots also gain specific skills and what not so they sometimes work better with certain builds. If you like customization systems, there really isn't an SRPG I can think of that comes close to the complexity of this one except maybe FFTactics when you factor in all of its mechanics.

di0w7oTbYc4

krissy
02-01-2013, 06:34 AM
front mission 1 is one of my fave games ever
and i only played it in japanese
and i don't know japanese
so there ya go

Iceglow
02-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Front Mission is awesome, I was just pissed as hell that in the UK I could only obtain Front Mission 3. There was a similar game for the PS2 released called Robot Warlord but unfortunately it was not quite as engaging.

Front Mission 3 is one of the biggest time sinks in my gaming career, building my pilots skills up with different weapons in the simulator took days however learning the secrets of the in-game network hacking was even longer. Though was totally worth it in the end.

The biggest flaw really was the main story arc split there was Emma's storyline (Emir if you want to be pedantic) and Alisa's storyline. The way you chose which one to play through was never really explained and I totally discovered it by accident. Though it was amazingly good fun to go through both the main arcs. I also liked the way recruiting certain characters could result in inability to recruit others later on giving each story different variations I believe there was a total of around 12 different story arcs total.