PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Boss

Wolf Kanno
01-31-2013, 06:03 AM
You know, FFIV had a lot of memorable boss battles so which were your favorites?

I love all of the Four Fiends cause they were pretty cool and offered some pretty good challenges. The Demon Wall is also a personal favorite. I really loved getting the Eidolons as well cause many of them required some strategy beyond "keep mashing X" and the Golbez fights are pretty cool as well. Man, the more I think about it, the more I really like the boss fights in FFIV... *nostalgic*

qwertysaur
01-31-2013, 06:10 AM
The Magus Sisters were fun too.

VeloZer0
01-31-2013, 07:29 AM
Over and above what the original did FF4 DS knocked it out of the park in terms of making the bosses memorable.

As for my actual favorite, this might require some deep meditation.

Yar
01-31-2013, 07:59 AM
I love the Asura fight, because when I first figured out how to do it, I was like OMG I'M AWESOME :D

Magus Sisters was a fun fight.

Rubicante is also very memorable. It's definitely one of the toughest fights in the game, and he will kick your ass if you don't know what you are doing.

Roogle
01-31-2013, 09:09 PM
My favorite boss fight is the fight against Golbez. Rydia joins the battle at a critical moment and they manage to fight him off. Unfortunately, I feel like Golbez should have way more HP and feel like more of a fight, but they say that he was weakened by Tellah casting Meteor on him. I know that the Nintendo DS version made him a bit more challenging, but I still don't like the way that boss battle goes down.

Elpizo
01-31-2013, 10:06 PM
Rubicante always was very memorable for me, even more so in the DS version when you fight him after one of the best cutscenes in the game.

Final Fantasy IV DS FMV Cutscene #20 - Edge's Rage - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV-7_3rw8uQ)

Rubicante is a boss. :cool:

VeloZer0
02-01-2013, 04:21 AM
I always took that as to be more of an avatar (or something like that) of Golbez than the real deal. That's why it was so easy to win.

Wolf Kanno
02-01-2013, 05:36 AM
My favorite boss fight is the fight against Golbez. Rydia joins the battle at a critical moment and they manage to fight him off. Unfortunately, I feel like Golbez should have way more HP and feel like more of a fight, but they say that he was weakened by Tellah casting Meteor on him. I know that the Nintendo DS version made him a bit more challenging, but I still don't like the way that boss battle goes down.

You need to play the DS version then cause he's a nightmare... They turned him into a Barrier Boss and gave him the -aga class spells instead of the measly -ara he had in the original. You seriously can't bring anyone back to life so it becomes a duel between Golbez and Rydia trading blows while Cecil desperately tries to keep her alive.

Sephiroth
02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
You need to play the DS version then cause he's a nightmare... They turned him into a Barrier Boss and gave him the -aga class spells instead of the measly -ara he had in the original. You seriously can't bring anyone back to life so it becomes a duel between Golbez and Rydia trading blows while Cecil desperately tries to keep her alive.

An even greater Nightmare is the CPU with its random Laser Beam starting move in the DS version. Reloading until the Attack Core does not attack before you and defeating it in the first round is the best thing you can do against this thing.

The four fiends are my favourite bosses.

NinjaCoachZ
02-01-2013, 10:33 PM
The fights with the summons and all four fiends in the Giant of Babil are the ones that really stick out in my mind. Also, the Plague Horror on the Lunar Subterrane, if only for the satisfaction of finally beating it after numerous failed attempts.

TreasonWall
05-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Zeromus. It's tense as a piano string and really immersive. It's also the toughest storyline boss by a long shot. Nothing more I could ask.

Evastio
05-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Zeromus would definitely be my favourite for the music and how awesome and gross he looks, plus the part before where everyone's prayers revive Cecil and the gang, showing just how many people Cecil has befriended and positively affected during his quest.

There's quite a few bosses that were memorable for how unique the battles and strategies to beat the bosses were, especially for the time it was released: Baigan, the Magus Sisters, Rubicant, Asura, Odin (one of the few battles where Rosa shouldn't be healing), Behemoths (if only I noticed that casting magic provoked him into using Maelstrom), Bahamut, the combined elemental lords, the CPU, and Plague Horror.

NeoCracker
06-04-2013, 07:06 AM
The DS Version was a smurfing beast of a game. I got killed by mothersmurfing Scarmiglion!

I was always sad we didn't get to see more of him, I really liked the guy. :p

Roogle
06-10-2013, 09:09 PM
You can fight a harder version of Scarmiglione with a party of your choosing in Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The game, mechanically, plays the same as its predecessor, though you may have issues with its story.

Depression Moon
06-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Don't really have one. Most video games fail to impress me with boss fights including Final Fantasy.