PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about The Wire

Aulayna
01-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Another glorious HBO show.

Quindiana Jones
01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Just thinking about it has given me an adrenerection.

Aulayna
01-31-2013, 09:53 PM
It's all in the game.

So which season was the best?

Parker
01-31-2013, 10:01 PM
The Wire owns. I don't think I can pick any one season but watching season one for the first time was pretty incredible.

Raistlin
02-01-2013, 03:44 AM
I made this same thread last year after rewatching the series. :D *high five*

I've said this many times before, but The Wire is the best show ever made. Excellent writing, great characters, and deep, well-executed social commentary running through the entire show. I just rewatched it this past summer, and probably will again within another year or so.

It's really tough to pick between the first four seasons (season 5 is definitely the weakest, but still amazing compared to everything else on TV), but I'd have to say season 3 is my favorite, because the whole plot with Bunny Colvin and Hamsterdam has some of the best commentary against the drug war in the series. The speech Colvin gave to Carter about police work and the drug war is just incredible.

And who can forget one of the best television characters: Omar Little.

Flying Arrow
02-01-2013, 04:41 AM
It's all in the game.

So which season was the best?

They're all exceptional and each stands out from the others in its own way. But, overall, I think Season 4 is the strongest and easily one of if not the best season of TV ever.

The Wire is the reason TV was invented.

Quindiana Jones
02-01-2013, 02:31 PM
And who can forget one of the best television characters: Omar Little.

It's important that this gets quoted.

Omar Little.

Bolivar
02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Seasons 1 and 3 are my favorite. I'm shallow, and wasn't as into the seasons that focused on union politics, the school system, or the media. More drugs!

One of my favorite shows, and I liked how they got non-actors to play pretty big roles.

Mirage
02-01-2013, 09:21 PM
I've watched most of the first season and I found it relatively good. I am not sure why I stopped.