PDA

View Full Version : Showing up on time

CimminyCricket
01-31-2013, 04:24 PM
How do you make sure that you show up on time to things you're supposed to show up on time for?

I personally set all my clocks anywhere from 10-15 minutes fast and some how convince myself that I have to be at places 10 minutes before I have to be there.

Except for a class I have at 850 in the morning. I have a class at 745 in the morning I have less trouble showing up for, but there's something about this 850 class that I just can't make on time.

Shorty
01-31-2013, 04:47 PM
If I don't care about something, I won't care to be on time. I showed up seven minutes late for work today because I don't give a trout anymore and have been checked out for months.

I don't care about most things, which translates into chronic tardiness.

Faris
01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Always just leave 30-15 minutes early to get someplace. Anyone or anything that makes me late gets put on the shit list. Yes, that means you alarm clock, public transit system, and slow moving crowds of people :argh:

Psychotic
01-31-2013, 06:21 PM
I usually can't stand being late and when I am it's 'cause I've miscalculated. I just leave really early!

Raistlin
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
I just make sure to leave early. As a counter reaction to my mom always being late for things when I was growing up, I am now pathologically punctual for things where I say I'll be there at a certain time. Whether it's an important work thing or just a casual meetup with friends, I will be there early/on time. In college I had to actually force myself not to leave when I usually would for some casual things because college kids are never on time for anything.

But when I haven't promised a certain time, I don't really care. No one gives a crap when I get to work in the morning, so I unless I have a reason to get there at a specific time (such as court), I'll get there anytime within a 30 minute window.

CimminyCricket
01-31-2013, 11:53 PM
That sounds wonderful. xD

krissy
02-01-2013, 12:17 AM
i usually show up an hour or two late for everything

fire_of_avalon
02-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I just do it. Ain't that hard.

Sephex
02-01-2013, 12:32 AM
I just do it. Ain't that hard.

Thank you.

Mirage
02-01-2013, 02:14 AM
I'm always late by at least a few minutes. It seems like there is no way to fix this issue. Not even setting my alarm clock an hour (or several) earlier does.

Bunny
02-01-2013, 02:50 AM
When alone, I am almost always on time or slightly early than I need to be. When I need to rely on other people to have the same punctuality as I do, I am always at least 5 minutes late.

I'm responsible and nobody else I know is.

Shiny
02-01-2013, 02:51 AM
I wake up and start getting ready like 2-3 hours in advance to get to work on time and did so as well for uni.

For middle school through high school I didn't care, so I got there when I felt like it. They gave me Saturday detentions for tardiness and I never showed. Some girl came up to me like, "Where were you in detention?" Apparently she didn't get the memo that I don't give a fuck. I only got reprimanded by the Vice Principal one time for not showing up to a detention, and I persisted to not go. Guess he didn't the memo either.

Flaming Ice
02-01-2013, 03:20 AM
. Yes, that means you alarm clock, public transit system, and slow moving crowds of people :argh:

The slow people ruin everything :(

Laddy
02-01-2013, 03:50 AM
I am early to an obsessive degree. It's not uncommon for me toi be 30 minutes early because I despise being late so much.

In my second vieweing of Django Unchained, I was a good 50 minutes early. But I had DDR to show of my mad skillz with. :cool:

Wolf Kanno
02-01-2013, 06:10 AM
I am perpetually late to most things, I just can't be bothered to show up on time.

Chris
02-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I abuse people if they make me wait.

I am never late myself.

Cloudane
02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Doesn't seem too difficult. Practice makes perfect, I guess?

Also depends on distance.
Work is a 4 minute drive away, so I can get away with cutting it very fine. I seem pretty good at arriving at a consistent 7:57, allowing me time to grab a coffee without anyone tutting at me.

Aiming to be early seems best - if it looks like you'll be too early, just slow down! Much easier than trying to speed up.

What irks me is friends who are also about a 4 minute drive away saying "I'll pick you up at 4:30!" and finally turning up at 5:15. I could have been doing something for those 45 minutes, but had to avoid getting into anything because I could be picked up at some point.

Shorty
02-02-2013, 02:41 PM
I wake up and start getting ready like 2-3 hours in advance to get to work on time and did so as well for uni.

For middle school through high school I didn't care, so I got there when I felt like it. They gave me Saturday detentions for tardiness and I never showed. Some girl came up to me like, "Where were you in detention?" Apparently she didn't get the memo that I don't give a fuck. I only got reprimanded by the Vice Principal one time for not showing up to a detention, and I persisted to not go. Guess he didn't the memo either.

I was also this way in school, though they never gave us Saturday detentions, just lunch detentions.

I never went to those, either.

Mirage
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
I don't think detentions were even allowed where I went to school.

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Oh, it's easy. I simply don't bring Danielle along with me.