PDA

View Full Version : What has cheered you up today?

Night Fury
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Today at Uni I felt so ill, I think my milk intolerance is getting worse - either that or my body just doesn't like coffee anymore as I had the worst stomach pains today after a coffee from Campus :(

So I rushed to get my work finished so I could come home and take a nap and sleep it off or something, and as I got home I saw a package had been delivered; well I haven't ordered anything online for weeks so I assumed it was my housemates and off I went. I checked out of curiosity a while later, and it was for me.

I was really confused - but opened it anyway. I got a box of dessert truffles, some salted caramels, some fluffy pyjama socks (they're my fav things ever for comfort!), a friendship fridge magnet (I love fridge magnets :) ) and an "Eagle vs Shark" DVD.

Well I'm totally stumped, but I read the card; and basically I'm a member of another website, and over Christmas we held a Secret Santa event. I never did receive mine, and I happened to post about it (I wasn't too fussed, my SS received her gift) well, he saw it and decided to send me something to make up for it!

I only found out it was from him because he sent me a Christmas card last year so I cross checked the handwriting! Anyway I just thought it was really sweet and it totally made my day.

So what has made you smile today? :)

Pheesh
02-01-2013, 07:25 PM
My mum told me that all of my birthday gifts have been booked for later this month. I'm going to dinner at Jaques Reymond's restaurant, which is a 3 chef hat restaurant in Melbourne, and we bought tickets to see Carina Round a week later. I was over the moon.

Parker
02-01-2013, 07:30 PM
I got a pretty alright grade for a report that I thought kinda sucked.

It's by no means a great grade but was much better than expected.

Formalhaut
02-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I've have had possibly the worst week I can remember in a long while. But tonight, I hosted my Sixth Form's games night and it was a huge success. I was best pleased and made my week sort of end on a high. Well, until Saturday anyway.

Shoeberto
02-01-2013, 08:23 PM
It was raw fish & ice cream day, where a coworker and I get sushi and then ice cream.

Raistlin
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
The fact that it's Friday.

CimminyCricket
02-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I had a dream that Alfred, Batman and I beat the shit out of a robber that busted into our apartment with a gun.

Faris
02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
It's been one of those days. Maybe tomorrow.

Tigmafuzz
02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Chatting with Locky and Nikki and PaulaPaula while drifting in and out of consciousness :bigsmile:

qwertysaur
02-02-2013, 01:39 AM
The post cutes thread.

Shorty
02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I had a pretty shitty day yesterday but was pleasantly surprised to see that my Jeff Mangum ticket arrived in the mail when I got home.

Sephex
02-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Had a streak of good luck lately. Also found out that I am going to get a big tax return!

Bubba
02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Being confirmed as a support act for Mohawk Radio's album launch tonight!

Clo
02-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Yesterday I was all bitchy about work, but then I got off the phone with a Holocaust survivor dying of a brain tumor who agreed to come speak with my class, and I was like, "Wow, I have no right to complain." and I cleaned my apartment and listened to music and I'm just grateful for my life right now! :)

Shauna
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I have had a pretty awesome weekend, so I'm still on some good feelings about that. :3 Other than that uh... I dunno. xD

Laddy
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Sleeping with Carly on my lap. She snores but I don't care because it's adorable. :jess:

Bubba
02-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I booked my train tickets for my weekend in Glasgow with my best friend at the start of March. Can't wait!

Pumpkin
02-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I'm sick so my boyfriend made dinner last night and he sent me a text to make sure I was doing okay when he was with his friend. that was sweet :jess:.

he also told me I have big boobies.

Loony BoB
02-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Well, the day hasn't had much happen to be honest - it's been kind of quiet but it's also been a Monday. I think the highlight for me so far is just browsing EoFF, to be honest. I plan on playing some good Football Manager 2012 tonight, so that should help.

Bubba
02-04-2013, 07:50 PM
I plan on playing some good Football Manager 2012 tonight, so that should help.

Tonight, early hours of the morning, morning, afternoon, tomorrow night...

TrollHunter
02-04-2013, 11:23 PM
My family wont atop thanking and praising me and my brother.
Ego +5

Also, my grandpa is gonna help me pay my way through college ^^

fire_of_avalon
02-05-2013, 12:56 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BFtBZZw.gif

Vincent, Thunder God
02-05-2013, 01:22 AM
YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #40: SKETCH - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiM8HRefY3k&list=UUPcFg7aBbaVzXoIKSNqwaww)

Faris
02-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Had my free consultation at the gym today. Thought the dude was going to be a bit of a jerk but we were cracking a lot of jokes. I'm not incredibly healthy though D:

Also, loving my new job so far even though I know diddly squat about jewelry. My shifts are all on the busiest days and the employee discount is very generous.

Tigmafuzz
02-05-2013, 03:57 AM
Somebody told me they had a very hilarious dream about me :jess:

And somebody else told me they had a... special dream about me :erm:

NorthernChaosGod
02-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Had my free consultation at the gym today. Thought the dude was going to be a bit of a jerk but we were cracking a lot of jokes. I'm not incredibly healthy though D:.

Go to the gym more.

Faris
02-05-2013, 01:47 PM
Had my free consultation at the gym today. Thought the dude was going to be a bit of a jerk but we were cracking a lot of jokes. I'm not incredibly healthy though D:.

Go to the gym more.

Might be why I registered, smartypants :aimkiss:

TrollHunter
02-05-2013, 05:21 PM
The knowledge that after this crappy class full of 14 and 15 year old morons who never shut up i have my rock climbing class
I need to burn allllll the stress

NorthernChaosGod
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM

Go to the gym more.

No, whatever you were planning on doing, double it.

Rantz
02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #40: SKETCH - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiM8HRefY3k&list=UUPcFg7aBbaVzXoIKSNqwaww)

This.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM

This.

Here's the full playlist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5j-w8A5oE&list=PLA6687CF25DE17420) if you've a hankering for more, I'm watching it right now.

Faris
02-05-2013, 07:09 PM

Go to the gym more.

:doublecolbert: There.

Mercen-X
02-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Nothing recently. I cheer up when I have a sex dream. I cheer up when my ex tells me she's had a sex dream about me. I would cheer up if my ex confessed that one of her friends wanted me. Oh yeah. :smug:

NorthernChaosGod
02-06-2013, 07:05 AM

Go to the gym more.

:zombert:

qwertysaur
02-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Go to the gym more.

:pollbert:

I Took the Red Pill
02-06-2013, 08:06 AM
A spliff on a rooftop in Manila at sunrise.

Tigmafuzz
02-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Go to the gym more.

:pollbert:

http://i.imgur.com/mOeAL.gif