PDA

View Full Version : Plasma TV to PC

escobert
02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
So I got a free plasma screen today and have been trying to hook it up to run duel monitors. It's a Panasonic TH-42PS9UK. It's older, like 2006. I have it hooked up from my Gefore 260 GTX which is DVI to a VGA adapter into the TV. everything is saying no signal. Screwed around with my Nvidia settings for dual monitors and have yet to get it working. Any ideas?

CimminyCricket
02-01-2013, 11:01 PM
The way it works with mine, is I still have to set my screen resolution to dual screen by right clicking my desktop and selecting dual monitor. Setting my NVIDIA up for dual monitors just tells it what to do when I set my resolution to dual monitors.

escobert
02-01-2013, 11:04 PM
I have no option when right clicking for duel monitor. I can't even get it to show anything when just trying to use it as a single monitor.
also tried s-video for shits and giggles and couldn't get anything.

CimminyCricket
02-01-2013, 11:11 PM
It might just be the adapter. Do you have another TV you can test it on?

escobert
02-01-2013, 11:14 PM
down 3 flights of stairs. and just bought the adapter today. was thinking maybe this would work? 6ft DVI I to 3 RCA Component Video Cable DVI I 3 RCA | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/6ft-DVI-I-to-3-RCA-Component-Video-Cable-DVI-I-3-RCA-/370736738241?pt=US_Video_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5651a1afc1)

still, I feel like it's a settings issue not the cord/adapter

CimminyCricket
02-01-2013, 11:22 PM
This cable is intended for use with projectors that use a DVI-I connector for its component (YPbPr) video connection. This cable DOES NOT CONVERT DVI signals to component video or vice versa. It DOES NOT CONVERT digital to analog or vice versa. It functions only with devices that use the DVI-I connector for component video.

It could, but it might be cheaper to carry your desktop (or even a laptop if you have one) down to the other TV and give it a shot. Also, just to make sure that there's no chance that the smallest detail is the one that is missed, you did this right: resolution (http://thedisgaeafan.net/resolution.jpg)

escobert
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
yes I did. The TV is just plain saying No signal.

CimminyCricket
02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Then it's either the port on the TV is busted (I have a similar problem with an HDMI port on one of my LCD) or the adapter doesn't work. :C I tried

Faris
02-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Not sure if this will help, these are my current settings:

Is your TV source set to VGA?

If it is the cable, I recommend returning the other one, going to a local computer mom&pop shop for a DVI to HDMI cable. I got mine for $10 and it's never given me problems.

escobert
02-02-2013, 12:58 PM
no HDMI port on the TV :p
the cable works for my other monitor so it isn't that.

My set up multiple displays screen doesn't appear like that :(

escobert
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Got it to work. didn't like the DVI cable. had to use a vga.