PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur II

Aulayna
02-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Did you ever manage to obtain it? (legit like, not by cheating!)

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2013, 07:22 AM
No, because I like playing the game for the story, and it just seems silly to me to rush througha game so I can get some little trinket that has a few points higher attack power for one character and is only useful for a short period of time. Its still my least favorite gimmicky weapon sidequest. At least Suikoden II had the decency to make its rush job sidequest give you an alternate story...

Elpizo
02-02-2013, 12:49 PM
No, and I don't think I ever will, either.

Tigmafuzz
02-02-2013, 01:48 PM
On my sixth or seventh playthrough, I decided I'd go for it. Took a lot of luck, but after almost three weeks of reloads and even a few complete restarts, I finally got it. It wasn't nearly worth it, with being very underleveled and not having the right skills learned to take on Kuja. Although it would have been a lot easier if I had known the trick for skipping FMVs back then. I could probably do it again now and actually beat the game afterwards, since the FMVs are almost two hours worth of game time or something. That's a good amount of time to grind on those Grand Dragons with Level 5 Death.

I want to play it again now :(

Skyblade
02-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Eh, if I ever cared enough, I'd honestly just cheat for it by resetting the game clock. It's the same as letting the game clock wrap around, except I don't have to wait for 2 years for it to happen.

Sorry, I don't play RPGs to rush through them. It seems to be the worst way to play, in my opinion. You miss out on so much.

Sephiroth
02-03-2013, 04:43 AM
I have done it once. Personally I did like it for the "I have done it" feeling but for nothing else. The Level 1 challenge was more fun even with all the reloading. At least I have had as much time as I wanted.

Quindiana Jones
02-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Nah. It never seemed worth it to me. I did enjoy the Gilgamesh reference it gives you, though.

Rantz
02-03-2013, 02:17 PM
What he said. ^

Jinx
02-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Nah. You have to pass up SO much just to get this one item. I love FFIX because of the story. If I can't even read the dialogue, that'd be no fun!

Roogle
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
No, I only obtain it through cheating every time I play through the game. I'm not going to speedrun a game for a single item. I don't like that they did that.

Zeiferxx
05-06-2013, 04:41 PM
No. I need to beat the game several times more in order to go for Excalibur II.