PDA

View Full Version : New Playthrough - Which Materia do you max first?

Aulayna
02-02-2013, 03:42 AM
This is always an interesting topic considering the small amount of Materia available during the early hours but everyone seems to have a different opion. So, which one is your priority?

qwertysaur
02-02-2013, 03:51 AM
Restore and All. :p

VeloZer0
02-02-2013, 07:07 AM
I usually don't have a problem with having to exclude any materia for most of the game. But yeah, always have to make sure that the Restore materia are getting AP. Everything else is a want not a need, but having multiple leveled up Cure spells is very important.

Elly
02-02-2013, 10:55 AM
i always make sure i have a Steal leveling, to get it to Mug as fast as possible, and of course i max at least 1 All just to sell it, for a money boost...

Formalhaut
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Generally All materia is first to level, followed closely by Restore, then Cover. After that, the magic materia then start one by one counting down.

Bubba
02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
All, All then All. In that order.

Otherwise raising money to feed those damn chocobos is a pain in the actual arse.

Sephiroth
02-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Level 3 Spells and All. And Enemy Skill.

Bubba
02-02-2013, 03:42 PM

Maxing Enemy Skill first would be a bit tricky, wouldn't it? Especially as you can't max it until disc 3.

Sephiroth
02-02-2013, 03:49 PM

Maxing Enemy Skill first would be a bit tricky, wouldn't it? Especially as you can't max it until disc 3.

No, it would not. That's all about how long your "first" lasts. I don't care about too many MASTERed Materia during the story line. Sure, Yuffie steals a great amount of Materia, it has a proper order and all but i also don't care about that. So I am fine with the Level 3 Spells, All and MASTER Enemy Skill afterwards. And actually term "maxing" does not have to be about reaching the absolute state alone (so not just the moment where you have MASTERed it) but focussing on the way of reaching it, so also which Materia you really want to train in the first place (so the question "which Materia do I want to get many APs in the first place - so it will be a MASTERed Materia soon?). Enemy Skill has no APs to be MASTERed as we know but it can still get many Blue Magics during the storyline.

EDIT: Read the post please. It is about the way to MASTER as well. And sorry for everything that happened.

Bubba
02-02-2013, 04:02 PM
And actually term "maxing" does not have to be about reaching the absolute state alone but focussing on reaching it

Haha! What absolute garbage you talk sometimes, Sephiroth.

A max enemy skill materia is when you have ALL the enemy skills. Considering you can't achieve this until the approach to Sephy at the end of the game... it's difficult to avoid mastering other materia first. Not impossible, but certainly impractical.

Cloudane
02-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Restore. Yay defensive play!

CimminyCricket
02-02-2013, 05:00 PM
I try to level Bolt, Ice and Cure together since (I believe) you start the game with them. XP I just beat this game not two months ago and I already forget if it's just Bolt and Ice or if Cure is in there too. XD

Psychotic
02-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I've had to delete some posts because both of you are being incredibly disrespectful and I suggest you knock it off. Telling people they are talking garbage or telling people that they don't have a clue what they're talking about are uncalled for.

Mirage
02-02-2013, 10:25 PM
I always make sure to master some All materia pretty fast, just so I can sell some of them. Other than that, restore, then counterattack, and then some other stat-plus materia.

VeloZer0
02-02-2013, 11:48 PM
I always find that by I am in the position to have a mastered ALL materia I'm already passed the need for money. Obviously everyone else here leads a much more lavish FF7 lifestyle. :D

Elly
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
1 reason for a mastered All early on, buying Costa Del Sol right after you first get there... i don't like waiting to buy something i don't have to wait for...

Raistlin
02-03-2013, 02:10 AM
All, All then All. In that order.

Yeah, pretty much. Also Magic Plus is a priority for me once I get it, as I like to have one on each character.

Heath
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Cure only very initially for me. I find White Wind more useful usually, and so tend to use that instead. All is a good shout for the cash.

Andio
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
I like to max out All materia,It really makes the earlier ecounters quicker.By the end of the game there really is no need for money,and All materia because I just use meteor 2.

Madame Adequate
03-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Pretty much all materia. All materia too as you can sell it for $$$MADBLING£££DOLLADOLLA420Y'ALL$$$ and also because it has tremendous utility.

Basic magic materia tend to get mastered just in the course of play, but I tend to aim to get some mastered Independent materia ASAP because how can you go wrong with shitloads of extra MP/HP/whatever?

I almost never master my command materia though :(

Greatermaximus
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
There's a difference between the one you 'want' to master and the one that 'gets' mastered. That All materia and Restore materia for me since you get it so early.