PDA

View Full Version : So what do you hope to see in this game?

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Since a lot of people are interested in this title and some are even thinking it may be a second coming for FF, what are you hoping to see in this game?

Del Murder
02-02-2013, 07:43 AM
Fun.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Could you elaborate?

Del Murder
02-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Yes, I could.

Rostum
02-02-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm not expecting a "second coming", but I am expecting:

Something with relatively thought-provoking stories and characters. Preferably with themes I can relate to as a young adult, not a teenager;
A battle / equipment system that can be enjoyed casually, but also allows the player to get deep into customization and strategies if they want to;
I want to see a large range of beautiful, atmospheric landscapes and environments to explore;
The illusion of an open world. I like the game to give me direction in a linear way, but I still would like more room to explore than compared to Final Fantasy XIII;
A quality soundtrack, though I'm never really disappointed with Square's talent in that department; and
As Del said, fun!

I guess that might be a bit vague and generalized, but there's not really much information to go on in the first place.

Del Murder
02-02-2013, 08:42 AM
All that sounds good!

I'm just looking for a unique RPG like the days when Square made RPGs that weren't cheap cell phone games or Final Fantasy sequels.

ShinGundam
02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Here is what i want:

1-New magic, summons and weapons, I prefer less standard magic that FF games normally have such as Fire/Fira/Firaga, buff/debuff or AOE magic. I want more Styles/finishers(from BBS), magic like Mines, Magnet, Thunder Roll, Slide block, etc...

2- I hope command menu is robust with many of battle commands like a turn based game but without need to browse or cycle a lot. Simply, I want a menu fit action game flow which is easier said than done without pauses.

3-Dedicated block button, I prefer timing based block than hold a button and ability to reflect stuff.

4-FF needs more high end abilities and magic, nowadays we have an FF that doesn't include an Ultima or Meteor or even haste. Sometimes, we don't have summons or limit breaks in our games.

5-Good and fun treasure hunting, I don't like randomized treasures.

6- I want more mega-cities and cities that don't make me feel like i am in Monster Hunter guild or MMO clan.

7- Vehicle and/or Airship.

Formalhaut
02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Here is what i want:

1-New magic, summons and weapons, I prefer less standard magic that FF games normally have such as Fire/Fira/Firaga, buff/debuff or AOE magic. I want more Styles/finishers(from BBS), magic like Mines, Magnet, Thunder Roll, Slide block, etc...

2- I hope command menu is robust with many of battle commands like a turn based game but without need to browse or cycle a lot. Simply, I want a menu fit action game flow which is easier said than done without pauses.

3-Dedicated block button, I prefer timing based block than hold a button and ability to reflect stuff.

4-FF needs more high end abilities and magic, nowadays we have an FF that doesn't include an Ultima or Meteor or even haste. Sometimes, we don't have summons or limit breaks in our games.

5-Good and fun treasure hunting, I don't like randomized treasures.

6- I want more mega-cities and cities that don't make me feel like i am in Monster Hunter guild or MMO clan.

7- Vehicle and/or Airship.

I remember Noctis standing near a service station in one of the screenshots for Versus, and I do think there will be a vehicle or some sort. I also agree with the lack of high-end abilities in the later games. XIII-2 didn't have haste, only as an incredibly rare buff with a pre-emptive strike or phoenix down.

I'd like adult, compassionate storylines in this game. None of the XIII themes which on the surface were quite deep I guess but actually were quite tame. I want to see an adult storyline that will genuinely move me.

maybee
02-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Don't give a smurf anymore. Just want the bloody thing to come out now.

The game could have Blitzball in it and wouldn't really care now. Okay... maybe a little... please no Blitzball....

CimminyCricket
02-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Don't give a smurf anymore. Just want the bloody thing to come out now.

Seriously. We found out about this game back in 2006. I was still in high school. Now I'm an adult doing adult things in the 'real' world and they still haven't given me this damn game.

qwertysaur
02-03-2013, 02:39 AM
an actual release

NeoCracker
02-03-2013, 02:53 AM
You know, part of me wants this to come out and be complete garbage, same with Lightning Returns. I seem to derive some kind of demented pleasure from the Idea of Final Fantasy crashing and burning in a hellfire of shit.

And I dont' know why. o_O

black orb
02-03-2013, 05:29 AM
>>> The trailers killed all my hopes for this game..:luca:

Mirage
02-03-2013, 12:12 PM
The trailers raised all my hopes for this game.

In either case, what Rostum said sounds good.

Formalhaut
02-03-2013, 05:29 PM
You know, part of me wants this to come out and be complete garbage, same with Lightning Returns. I seem to derive some kind of demented pleasure from the Idea of Final Fantasy crashing and burning in a hellfire of trout.

And I dont' know why. o_O

It's your anger and restlessness creeping in. Don't turn over to the darkside NeoCracker! Nooooo!!!

JaymeNoel
02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Pretty much the same thing most people want. Less linearity.

Two or three costume changes for characters would be fantastic. Nothing off the wall and completely ridiculous (I'm lookin' atchu Summoner Serah).

Airships definitely need to return in some format. Even the ability to customize the airship a little - speed/playable airship battles maybe. Would be a first for Final Fantasy.

Magic needs to stay the same with new effects of course.

And the big one for me anyhow is to have a REALLY great cast. So far the playable characters in this game seem very dark and moody. We need some characters a little lighter and with a more carefree attitude.

Also, finally show Etro and I mean really show her if she's a part of this game.

Formalhaut
02-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Airships definitely need to return in some format. Even the ability to customize the airship a little - speed/playable airship battles maybe. Would be a first for Final Fantasy.

That sounds smurfing awesome. No seriously, that's a lovely idea!

Loony BoB
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Enjoyable minigames that have longevity to them (ie, not Gold Saucer basketball, but rather Triple Triad). Maybe they could have a Treasure Hunt style minigame that goes on throughout the story, with clues leading to the next place dotted around the world that lead to various goodies. Maybe have achievement styled rewards for doing all kinds of things, like defeating one of every enemy, or defeating a certain number of certain enemies (XII styled lore rewards, or even looting bonuses). Actual weapon customisation a la FFVII (Added Effect, Double Cut, etc).

Definitely a traversable world, and apparently that will happen so yay.

Locations that aren't story or plot relevant and don't even require you to go to them at all.

Great fights, great battle system, great story, blah blah blah.

I actually don't want them to do a "HUGE" impacting story, though. Because this should be about the gameplay, not the plot. The incredible plots with mindblowing deaths and tragedies and phenomenal writing should be saved for FFXV.

Edge7
02-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Just out of curiosity, what were your hopes for this game?

Anyway, as for me, I like the party dynamic (certain characters have certain abilities); it adds another layer of complexity to the mix, as well as the ability to pilot vehicles. Travel seems fun, reminds me of Xenoblade actually. I want the characters to be more than just cliches, and from what scarce details I've read, it sounds like Nomura is trying to make the characters multi-layered.

black orb
02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Just out of curiosity, what were your hopes for this game?
>>> Something with less explosions maybe..:luca:

never had many hopes for this anyways, I was more excited with FF13 (big disappointment) when the first trailers appeared..

Rostum
02-05-2013, 10:33 AM

That sounds smurfing awesome. No seriously, that's a lovely idea!

Ah how could I forget! Yes I agree, sound awesome!