PDA

View Full Version : Any other Moonies on the forum?

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2013, 08:17 AM
X6_RZhh44NY

and for the snobs...

rsmd-CGKvms

Anyone else love the series? Favorite character? Season? Villain? Did you collect the toys or trading cards? How many of you own the OST and if so which was your favorite tracks?

uVSTULWphac

Yes, I do own the English OST and I can sing along with most of it. Express your inner Sailor Moon fan!

NeoCracker
02-02-2013, 08:30 AM
This show is awful, but were it to come on I'd probably still watch it. :p

blackmage_nuke
02-02-2013, 03:58 PM
I watched the show when it was on TV, the english soundtrack was much better than the japanese soundtrack. Especially the opening and it's rockin guitar solo.

qwertysaur
02-02-2013, 04:29 PM
In the name of the moon I will punish you!

Pike
02-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Am I the only person who could never stand this show? It just looked waaaay too girly for me. I sat down and tried to watch it a couple of times and could never get into it. TOO FUCKING GIRLY

DBZ for life

Shorty
02-02-2013, 06:53 PM
No, Pike, you are not the only one. Seems like every fucking girl I know loves this show and I can't stand it.

Madame Adequate
02-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Sailor Moon was great and you people are philistines.

DMKA
02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I love Sailor Moon.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/000_1142SMALL.jpg

I've seen all the butchered dubbed episodes, and all 200 original Japanese episodes, all the tv specials, all three movies, and Ami's First Love, and with exception to the dub, I've seen all of them at least twice. I own all the Japanese episodes and movies on DVD, Region 2 DVD that is, and I still own most of the crap quality R1 releases that are no longer in print.

I also watched all 50 episodes of the hilarious live-action series, and the special act as well as the Birth of Venus. I've read the entire manga too. I also have listened to every soundtrack I'm aware of, and have most of them in some form. Even the more obscure ones, like "Sailor Moon in Paris" and the German Super Moonies albums.

I've also played the hell out of a few of the video games, particularly the turn-based RPG "Sailor Moon: Another Story". Oh, and I own quite a few of the fifth anniversary memorial set trading cards.

So yeah, I've been a pretty shameless Sailor Moon fan since about age 13, and I probably always will be. I can't wait for the new series either. Just the thought of new Sailor Moon just makes me all super excited and giddy inside.

NeoCracker
02-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Am I the only person who could never stand this show? It just looked waaaay too girly for me. I sat down and tried to watch it a couple of times and could never get into it. TOO FUCKING GIRLY

DBZ for life

You know, DBZ is objectively worse the Sailor moon could ever hope to be.

Yet I too would pick it every time. <3

Agent Proto
02-03-2013, 02:16 AM
I actually really enjoyed the show. I've done some fanart too. :D I remember watching the live action show as well. I wasn't into collecting any of the stuff though. Wouldn't want to get caught with any of them. :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/proto3k2/old%20stuff/11-24-1998.gif

Lonely Paper Star
02-03-2013, 05:17 AM
I'm not that girly and I love Sailor Moon. Magical girl stuff~ :heart:

theundeadhero
02-03-2013, 08:17 AM
The story seemed kinda interesting but the english script was <i>horrible</i>.

DMKA
02-04-2013, 01:07 AM
The story seemed kinda interesting but the english script was <i>horrible</i>.

Yeah, the dub really is terrible. It's like every episode's English script was written by a different person who knew nothing about any of the other episodes. :p

Shauna
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Sailor Moon is glorious. Even the Live Action series is wonderful. <3

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-12-2013, 06:54 AM
If I have done this once, I have done it a thousand times. But let's share in the beloved love of Sailor Moon.

Since they have been republishing the manga back in September, I have been buying them and reading them with love and fervor. :D

Also, totally excited for this summer with the anime reboot that is supposed to be more faithful to the manga and the original Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask seiyu are supposed to reprise their roles!

So share the love that is Sailor Moon!

Are you buying the republished manga? Excited for the anime reboot? What do you want to see in it?

Also, feel free to talk about your favourite characters and such.

Now excuse me while I was dubs of Sailor Moon S.

Araciel
02-12-2013, 07:01 AM
I'd like to share in Jupiter's beloved love

charliepanayi
02-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Maybe we should merge threads:

http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/148494-any-other-moonies-forum.html

Aulayna
02-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Sailor Venus ftw!

Jinx
02-12-2013, 02:59 PM
When does the new series/reboot come out? Does anyone know?

And yes, I own the entire series. I've been a Moonie since I was about 4 years old.

Jinx
02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
I might buy the manga! I didn't know it was being republished, and I've never gotten to read them! They probably cost a lot, though. D:

02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
OMFG HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS?

Yes, I do own the English OST and I can sing along with most of it. Express your inner Sailor Moon fan!

Yeah...I can pretty much join in with you there. I am torn between "My Only Love" and "The Power of Love"

DBZ for life

The thing is, it is a shoujo so it is going to be a little girly. The problem is that the English dub cranks the girlyness up a notch. They kinda over-emphasize it. Even in the original Japanese it is still pretty girly but not to the degree that the dub made it. The manga are even less girly than that too. It is a bit more serious than the anime and the characters to a large extent are more developed, especially Usagi and Mamoru. In the anime, you are kinda like "WTF THIS CHICK BECOMES NEO QUEEN SERENITY?" The manga you can see that while at times still a crybaby and irresponsible, she has grown a lot. One of the injustice the anime does, especially the dub, is the lack of Sailor Stars. Not because it is the best season out there but also for Usagi's character development. She becomes a bit more serious and you really start to see her maturing.

When does the new series/reboot come out? Does anyone know?

And yes, I own the entire series. I've been a Moonie since I was about 4 years old.

This summer. Aside from the original seiyu of Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask returning, we know little about it. Apparently, it will be faithful to the manga!

02-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Maybe we should merge threads:

http://home.eyesonff.com/lounge/148494-any-other-moonies-forum.html

Good point, I did not see this thread. SORRY WOLF KANNO!

I might buy the manga! I didn't know it was being republished, and I've never gotten to read them! They probably cost a lot, though. D:

It is not that bad really. 9 out of the 12 are out and they come out every other month (so March is the next one). It is around 12$ CDN with taxes for me. Apparently listed as 11$ USD but Amazon.com is selling them at 6.60$/volume. Plus you can get the first six in a giant box set for less than 40$. Most likely there will be a second box set with the last six once the rest come out.

Also, you can get the two volumes of Codename: Sailor V. :D

Jinx
02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Not to sound all meh, but I couldn't care less about returning voice actors.

02-12-2013, 03:42 PM
It is only regards to the Japanese audio anyways. But that's just the little bit of information we have. They've been basically mum about the whole thing. :/

Shauna
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM

Shorty
02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
merged threads~

louby_4eva
02-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Sailor Moon :love:

I've only seen the dubbed version and I have them all on DVD. It's such a lovely show ^_^