PDA

View Full Version : Reviving Galuf

Yar
02-02-2013, 05:29 PM
How do I revive him? I heard that you can do this! WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE :crying2:

Sephiroth
02-02-2013, 05:31 PM
How do I revive him? I heard that you can do this! WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE :crying2:

I hear the same thing about every Final Fantasy character that dies. Galuf being dead, his powers going to Krile and his spirit reappearing during the final battle is an important part of the story.

Gamblet
02-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Use cheats.

Wolf Kanno
02-02-2013, 10:58 PM
You know, there never were as many internet rumors about reviving Galuf as there were for the Twins, General Leo, and She who must not be named... Poor guy, no one loves him.

qwertysaur
02-03-2013, 02:30 AM
You must sacrifice Krile to an elder god.

NeoCracker
02-03-2013, 10:47 AM
God, I would probably do that even if it wouldn't bring Galuf Back.

Then again, I'd do most anything to pleas Nyar.

Faris
02-07-2013, 11:02 PM
With the dark powers of a necromancer.

Spooniest
02-18-2013, 06:31 PM
You know, there never were as many internet rumors about reviving Galuf as there were for the Twins

Which ones? You mean Palom and Porom? Because they lived.

VeloZer0
02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Yes, but there was the idea that you could un-petrify them yourself because a "chose the key item to use" dialogue box opened up when you tried to interact with them.

qwertysaur
02-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Yes, but there was the idea that you could un-petrify them yourself because a "chose the key item to use" dialogue box opened up when you tried to interact with them.
That's because the elder of Mysidia had the supersoft the entire time. :p How do you think he revived them? :p

VeloZer0
02-19-2013, 02:02 AM
I din't say that it didn't make sense, just that the game definitely made it seem like there was something you could do about it. ;)

(If you are the type of person who feels the need to point out that advancing the plot is doing something about it... well I don't have a witty retort. But I won't be pleased.)

qwertysaur
02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
I din't say that it didn't make sense, just that the game definitely made it seem like there was something you could do about it. ;)

(If you are the type of person who feels the need to point out that advancing the plot is doing something about it... well I don't have a witty retort. But I won't be pleased.)
I take it as a hint that there is a way that they could be restored, but your party lacks the means to do so. :p

Old Manus
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Use STRENGTH on the airship.

Laddy
02-25-2013, 05:17 AM
Go all Red Mages. Attack Krile in this order: Krile, Bartz, Faris, Lenna. If she dies prior to Lenna's attack, you lose out and can never get him back again.

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Play Tzepish's FF5Spoof. Galuf doesn't die in that one.

SteahMeLee
06-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Losing Galuf is a bad hit to me, like losing Aeris in VII... A Black Mage and a White Mage that die are a huge loss to my Job Classes party... XD

Galuf is replaced by Krilie that I made a Dragoon/Blue Mage (like Cid/Kimhari) and she is not bad, but it's hard without the nuking super spellcaster that Galuf is to me! :cry:

Yerushalmi
06-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Wait, what? When you lose Galuf, Cara gets all his stats and abilities. Or at least she does in the SNES version. It was a disappointment to me, as it felt like a cop-out; it meant that in gameplay terms you simply changed one character's name and sprite and never really had to deal with the loss of abilities and restructure your party to compensate.

Is that not the case in later versions?

Gamblet
06-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Galuf's abilities transfer to Krile in any version I believe. That branch/ribbon or whatever it was that Galuf gave to her, carries his abilities.

SteahMeLee
06-13-2013, 11:57 PM
Yes, I know! But I hate to have two characters identical in fighting style and four characters are also quite limited since I give them one/two classes each and not more! It's how I always do... Even in VII... Only Aeris is the White Mage/Summoner (like Reina is here in V) and when she is gone for good, no more White Magic or Summoning!

The same here with Galuf as Black Mage/Time Mage but when I have Krilie taking his place she does it as Dragoon/Blue Mage (the same class combination I give to Cid in VII), so there's a chance to have another couple of classes in play without having characters that switch classes continuously... Also I think Dragoon fits Krilie greatly!

Yerushalmi
06-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Yes, I know! But I hate to have two characters identical in fighting style and four characters are also quite limited since I give them one/two classes each and not more! It's how I always do... Even in VII... Only Aeris is the White Mage/Summoner (like Reina is here in V) and when she is gone for good, no more White Magic or Summoning!

The same here with Galuf as Black Mage/Time Mage but when I have Krilie taking his place she does it as Dragoon/Blue Mage (the same class combination I give to Cid in VII), so there's a chance to have another couple of classes in play without having characters that switch classes continuously... Also I think Dragoon fits Krilie greatly!

*shrugs* I can't really pretend to understand that, I'm afraid. If you thought Galuf best fit the rest of your group as a BM/TM, then when Krillie replaces him she should do it as exactly the same thing, no? And if you think Krile was better as Dr/BM, then you shouldn't consider the loss of Galuf a hit. So I'm quite confused!

SteahMeLee
06-14-2013, 08:35 AM
*shrugs* I can't really pretend to understand that, I'm afraid. If you thought Galuf best fit the rest of your group as a BM/TM, then when Krillie replaces him she should do it as exactly the same thing, no? And if you think Krile was better as Dr/BM, then you shouldn't consider the loss of Galuf a hit. So I'm quite confused!

Yeah, I mean that I associate every character a single class (and sub-class) and losing the character means losing the class, in a more traditional way than the usual FF setup systems that let you switch things from a character to another, I play traditional with each character being something he/she cannot change during the game and that another character cannot replace with just a few buttons hits... It doesn't mean that the character that comes in place of Galuf (Krilie) is not strong or doesn't have an effective class, but the Black Mage/Time Mage is lost forever with Galuf just like in VII the White Mage/Summoner is lost with Aeris and no one else will replace their classes although Krilie or the other VII characters will play their part well...

The loss is that I don't have the Black Mage/Time Mage anymore and the fact I assign Krilie the Dragoon/Blue Mage doesn't mean that these classes are better than the former ones, they are simply those associated with Krilie, I don't know if better or worse, but I value more characters aesthetic and characterization fitness than what is better or worse... I should first have fitting characters with classes/roles, then I can think to effectiveness and strategies! :p

Yerushalmi
06-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Yeah, I mean that I associate every character a single class (and sub-class) and losing the character means losing the class, in a more traditional way than the usual FF setup systems that let you switch things from a character to another, I play traditional with each character being something he/she cannot change during the game and that another character cannot replace with just a few buttons hits... It doesn't mean that the character that comes in place of Galuf (Krilie) is not strong or doesn't have an effective class, but the Black Mage/Time Mage is lost forever with Galuf just like in VII the White Mage/Summoner is lost with Aeris and no one else will replace their classes although Krilie or the other VII characters will play their part well...

The loss is that I don't have the Black Mage/Time Mage anymore and the fact I assign Krilie the Dragoon/Blue Mage doesn't mean that these classes are better than the former ones, they are simply those associated with Krilie, I don't know if better or worse, but I value more characters aesthetic and characterization fitness than what is better or worse... I should first have fitting characters with classes/roles, then I can think to effectiveness and strategies! :p

Fair enough. It means you take a very roleplaying-like attitude towards your class selections. Perfectly legitimate, but I figure that if the game itself gives you a perfect excuse (via the explicit, in-story transfer of powers from Galuf to his granddaughter), why not use it? :)

SteahMeLee
06-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Fair enough. It means you take a very roleplaying-like attitude towards your class selections.

:love: :cool: Yeaaaah!!! That's exactly the point!!! Roleplaying!!! I cannot play without that attitude! It's what adds really a lot to the game and party characterization! I play the traditional way, it's and RPG, RolePlayingGame after all!!! :D

I really don't like when characters are just empty containers where you can just attach things, I want them to be unique and class is a big part of it!

Perfectly legitimate, but I figure that if the game itself gives you a perfect excuse (via the explicit, in-story transfer of powers from Galuf to his granddaughter), why not use it? :)

;) Yes yes, I know and you are right... Of course I can't simply play with fixed classes and forget that the group has received classes from Crystal shards that imbue the souls of the ancient Warriors of Dawn (or Warriors of Light hahaha :roll2) Job Classes that are not originally skillsets learned by Bartz and the others normally...
But to preserve my roleplaying attitude I can easily interpret the whole thing as the Crystal shards give Bartz and the others the power of classes but that power manifests itself in everyone with a different class basing on their inner attitude and personality! :greenie: I doesn't mean that Galuf would transfer exactly his own class but just the power of classes in a generic fashion and that power manifests in his grandaughter with a different class than his own, basing on her specific attitude!

:) Does it makes sense to you? It could actually respect the plot rules and also preserve the characters personalities with my roleplaying attitude!

Skyblade
06-16-2013, 07:23 AM
You know, there never were as many internet rumors about reviving Galuf as there were for the Twins, General Leo, and She who must not be named... Poor guy, no one loves him.

Most of them have death scenes which wrench at the heartstrings. Sad, depressing affairs that beg for a happier resolution, a chance to finish what was left undone, to continue their story.

Galuf goes out in the biggest blaze of glory almost any video game character has ever had, going past zero HP to continue laying the smack down on Exdeath. You just can't come back from that much awesome. Everything else would be an anticlimax. Galuf reached the pinnacle to which all badass characters aspire.

Gamblet
06-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Imagine that scene with updated graphics.

SteahMeLee
06-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Galuf goes out in the biggest blaze of glory almost any video game character has ever had, going past zero HP to continue laying the smack down on Exdeath. You just can't come back from that much awesome. Everything else would be an anticlimax. Galuf reached the pinnacle to which all badass characters aspire.

That fight is epic! :eek: Even class-wise it works for me! XD With that last stand mode at 0 HP... I have him a a Black Mage/Time Mage and he is a great damage dealer with high level spells but usually he needs Bartz the Knight to apply Cover on him acting as the tank!

In that battle though Galuf cannot die until a certain point and it's satisfying to blast Exdeath with spells without having to worry about protection! :p

KentaRawr!
08-15-2013, 03:23 AM
I've always wondered, what happens in that scene if Galuf has a healing staff equipped?

Karifean
08-16-2013, 01:25 AM
I had Galuf as a White Mage (Black Magic as secondary) with a Healing Staff. It was unfortunate because I ran out of MP and was unable to damage him. I had to use one of my Ethers to recover MP to be able to cast Black Magic on him to continue the fight. This was long before I realized that I probably should've just switched his weapon in the item menu because, you know, you can do that in this game. Even just disarming him would've allowed him to punch Exdeath in the face, continuing the fight.