PDA

View Full Version : March will be a glorious month in gaming sequels/prequels/reboots

Aulayna
02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
March 5th - Tomb Raider
March 7th - Sim City
March 12th - Heart of the Swarm
March 26th - Bioshock Infinite

:hyper:

krissy
02-03-2013, 05:03 PM
should i play bioshock 2?

Formalhaut
02-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Sim City! Wooo! I love that game. I guess Tomb Raider is fine as well, though I've never played a single game of it.

Shorty
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm curious about Sim City! I might pick up the older versions as a refresher to compare to the new one!

Formalhaut
02-03-2013, 06:14 PM
I did a "first insights" thread and blog about it here and it certainly looks great.

I think the SimCity series sort of mirrors The Sims sister game. I've noticed that the graphics and stuff resemble slightly those from the Sims 3.

Meanwhile, SimCity 4 had graphics more like those found in the Sims 2.

Shauna
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Ehhh, it was alright. Play if you want. You won't need to have played it to pick up Infinite - completely separate story and such.

If you couldn't tell, I am pretty excite for Bioshock. :3

Loony BoB
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Gonna buy both SimCity and Tomb Raider, if I don't get them for my birthday. Really keen on both, too. The former because I love a good game of SimCity, and the latter because it reminds me so much of Uncharted's style of gameplay and I adore Uncharted. There seem to be obvious differences but that is also a good thing.

NeoCracker
02-04-2013, 03:28 PM
Only one I care about of that bunch is Sim City, and even then not enough to get it at launch.

Laddy
02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
SimCity. <3

Rostum
02-05-2013, 10:05 AM
I really, really, really want Sim City and Heart of the Swarm!

Pike
02-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm iffy on how SimCity is gonna turn out.

Also the new Vicky 2 expac is supposedly coming out sometime soon and I'm pretty excited about that.

Madame Adequate
02-06-2013, 05:45 AM
SC is unlikely to be any good from what I've seen. But we can hope and pray.

Iceglow
02-06-2013, 10:50 AM
my biggest gripe with SC2 aside from the whole one campaign per game milking it like they shouldn't shit Blizzard have gone for is the obvious inclusion of so many MMO style things from WOW. Essentially the ability of certain units/vehicles to "yank" enemies closer to them to isolate them for a quick immolation reminds me way too much of how MMO's work, I wanted to play an RTS guys not a weird hybrid of it. Ironically my interest in Diablo 3 died as soon as I saw this too.

Loony BoB
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
EDIT: Oh, Heart of the Swarm is an expansion of Starcraft II. You probably shouldn't use "SC" in a thread with SimCity and StarCraft involved. xD

Slothy
02-06-2013, 01:02 PM
my biggest gripe with SC2 aside from the whole one campaign per game milking it like they shouldn't shit

I know what you mean man. I totally felt like Blizzard was phoning it in when WOL had more content than either the original Starcraft or Brood War. How dare they not finish it all up in one game that's more than three times the size of the original. :roll2

Blizzard have gone for is the obvious inclusion of so many MMO style things from WOW. Essentially the ability of certain units/vehicles to "yank" enemies closer to them to isolate them for a quick immolation reminds me way too much of how MMO's work, I wanted to play an RTS guys not a weird hybrid of it. Ironically my interest in Diablo 3 died as soon as I saw this too.

This might be the strangest complaint I have ever seen. For anyone looking for strange reasons to be concerned about SC2, I can confirm that Heart of the Swarm plays like and RTS, and is no more an RTS/MMO hybrid than the original game was. Also, it's literally one unit that can pull specific units closer and it's a pretty cool mechanic for picking off important units before a full engagement. Not sure why you stated units as in plural, though I've already established that I find your entire complaint strange I suppose.

Aulayna
02-06-2013, 01:11 PM
You mean those MMO elements that D3 took from WoW that WoW took from D2?

Madame Adequate
02-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Not wanting MMO elements in an RTS I can understand. Not wanting ARPG elements in an MMO or vice-versa is bizarre because they are essentially the same genre.

Shoeberto
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
The hype I heard for Minerva's Den made me buy it but I'm still sitting on the game.

Infinite looks really good.