PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Blind Date! The Male Edition

Formalhaut
02-04-2013, 05:35 PM

They say follow your heart, but what if you can't even follow your eyes?

Welcome to the very first EoFF Blind Date! I am your host, Formy and over the coming days, I shall be introducing romance into the world of Eyes On. I mean, sure, some of you are already happily married, but what about us poor schmucks?

"But Formy!" I hear a hypothetical reader say. "How are you going to do this?"

It's simple. Rather than let common sense and good looks get in the way of love, instead one lucky contestant will be on a guaranteed "date" with one of at least three aspiring female contestants, hoping to be lucky in love. Here's how Blind Date works:

THE SET-UP

Over the next THREE days, female members of this site can post their interest in the game by posting this keyword: ##CONTESTANT
Over the next THREE days, male members of this site can sign-up to be the lucky male star of the show by posting: ##LUCKY
At the end of the three days, I will randomly select one male contestant, and depending on interest, at least three female suitors.
I shall then do a quick PM interview with the male contestant, and make his identity public. For obvious reasons, the female suitors are highly confidential information
The game begins. The male contestant will PM me a set of around 6 questions to ask the suitors. I will post each question in turn in the main game thread, one at a time. So Q1 - A1 - Q2 - A2 and so on. The female suitors will PM their responses within a set time limit, to keep the game going. I shall then post their responses in the game thread, keeping their identities hidden still.
This lasts for awhile, given that there's six questions. Anyway, after the six questions, I shall ask the female suitors to PM me one slightly embarrassing detail (I can't stand watermelons) and I shall post them on the game thread. This might help the male contestant make up his mind on the girls
After ALL of this, I shall then ask the male contestant which lucky lady he chooses. I will then reveal the identity of all contestants, and the game is over. Maybe the male and female winner can have a small custom title or something who knows on a prize.

It seems like alot to take in, but it is really simple. As host, let me do all the work! But what you can do now is post your interest in the thread! The purpose of this thread is for sign-ups and game discussion. I will be making a separate thread for all the PM interactions and stuff.

Thanks for reading! Can't wait to get started.

NorthernChaosGod
02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Blind date, huh? I hope I get ##LUCKY at the end of it. :jokey:

(amidoinitrite)

Faris
02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
##CONTESTANT

I'll be the one from everyone's nightmare ;)

Psychotic
02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
What do I sign up as if I'm a girl on the inside?

DK
02-04-2013, 10:04 PM
I demand formalhaut be renamed to Cilla Black, otherwise this will be a shadow of the true glory of its namesake.

Raistlin
02-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Can I be a contestant if I promise to wear my bikini?

Oh, why not. ##LUCKY

Levian
02-04-2013, 10:31 PM

Tigmafuzz
02-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Sure, I'll play. But only because Faris is in it. :p ##LUCKY

Faris
02-05-2013, 01:50 AM

Sign up as a contestant since there's not too many of them so far. We can do each other's hair!!!! :jess:

Mercen-X
02-05-2013, 02:01 AM

Sign up as a contestant since there's not too many of them so far. We can do each other's hair!!!! :jess:

Also you clearly don't want to end up on a date with a girl.

##LUCKY

qwertysaur
02-05-2013, 04:08 AM
##Lucky

Skyblade
02-05-2013, 04:47 AM
Why not.

##Lucky

Formalhaut
02-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Bearing in mind only ONE person is going to be the lucky person, we do definitely need some more female contestants. :p

ScottyRedXIII
02-05-2013, 11:46 AM
##SCHMUCK I mean ##LUCKY

CimminyCricket
02-05-2013, 02:03 PM
##Lucky

Pheesh
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
I think this thread has summed up the internet perfectly.

Rantz
02-05-2013, 05:10 PM
##CONTESTANT

Night Fury
02-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I may sign up because I'd love to be revealed as my Father's Blind Date.

Melissaur
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I want to be apart of all the fun! ##Contestant

Citizen Bleys
02-05-2013, 10:01 PM
In to troll

##Lucky

Ye lassies better hope I don't get picked.

Jinx
02-05-2013, 10:25 PM
##CONTESTANT

Futan
02-05-2013, 10:37 PM
I hope Bleys gets picked. XD

Formalhaut
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
As it now stands with TWO full days left in the sign-ups:

Contestants: 3

Lucky Male: 8

Right now, I could begin now as the minimum contestants needed is 3, however, I'd love for more hopeful ladies to get involved! Right now, it's turning into a right sausage-fest. :p

Melissaur
02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
this is almost 3 men to each lady xD

Faris
02-05-2013, 11:10 PM

:jokey:

Formalhaut
02-05-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm fairly certain we have ALOT more female members than this.

Besides, what is this saying about our incredibly eager male members? I know there's differences between the sexes but this is ridiculous. :)

NorthernChaosGod
02-05-2013, 11:58 PM
##CONTESTANT

YES.

Mercen-X
02-06-2013, 12:31 AM
I hape Sam gets piked :jokey:

Skyblade
02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Hmm, so if I do ##Contestenant instead, I have a really high chance of making insane wackiness ensue...

Formalhaut
02-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Technically speaking, you have a higher chance of being a contestant than a male star of the show, because there's only one male in the hotseat, while my number of female contestants are, while not unlimited, more lax.

Still, don't lie about your gender :p

Jinx
02-06-2013, 03:21 AM
##CONTESTANT

YES.

hey bb :aimkiss:

Agent Proto
02-06-2013, 03:29 AM
Female participation should be mandatory, or a temp ban is in order. :holmes:

Citizen Bleys
02-06-2013, 03:39 AM

Does anyone else find this just a wee bit rapey?

Faris
02-06-2013, 03:40 AM
Come on ladies, all men on the internet are creepy but this is just a game!

Pumpkin
02-06-2013, 03:45 AM
Oh sure, I'll do this for fun. Since you seem to have a lack of females.

##CONTESTANT

Agent Proto
02-06-2013, 03:48 AM

Does anyone else find this just a wee bit rapey?

I'm not playing, so it's okay. :shobon:

Vincent, Thunder God
02-06-2013, 04:13 AM
What the smurf y'all, ##LUCKY

also ##CONTESTANT

in case er - someone - rolls like that :bounce:

NorthernChaosGod
02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
##CONTESTANT

YES.

hey bb :aimkiss:

how you doin'? :aimkiss:

Formalhaut
02-06-2013, 07:12 AM
My my, plenty of eager, probably sex starved males just wanting to get chosen. :love:

If this game turns out to be popular, I might do a second game, depending on interest and how it all turns out.

Tigmafuzz
02-06-2013, 03:43 PM

:jokey:

I knew it.

Innes
02-06-2013, 09:25 PM

also ##CONTESTANT

Haha thank you. :p

Vincent, Thunder God
02-06-2013, 09:27 PM

also ##CONTESTANT

Haha thank you. :p

Godsdamn it Sarge, it was meant to be a SEEECCCRETTTT

Mercen-X
02-07-2013, 03:10 AM
My first ever online date was with Iri Valentine. My second date was with a guy. He kept telling me to ask him questions so I asked him the most ridiculous questions I could think of because he invited me to ask ANYTHING. Both were on these forums.

Formalhaut
02-07-2013, 05:08 PM
My first ever online date was with Iri Valentine. My second date was with a guy. He kept telling me to ask him questions so I asked him the most ridiculous questions I could think of because he invited me to ask ANYTHING. Both were on these forums.

Wait, date? I never knew you were bisexual!

Ahem. Moving on, there's only one day left of sign-ups! On Friday, I shall random.org everyone, and then give a brisk interview with the lucky male. After that, I shall reveal the star of the show!

Also, I might not have made this terribly clear, but if you are seeking a man, be you female OR male, feel free to sign up! I kind of forgot about the gay and bisexual members of our community. Feel free to sign-up! We are a open community!:D

Agent Proto
02-07-2013, 05:44 PM
This could get interesting. :kakapo:

Vincent, Thunder God
02-07-2013, 06:11 PM

If Roto gets unbanned fully expect him to pressure you into participating, if only so you can be a rhyming gay couple.

Mercen-X
02-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Wait, date? I never knew you bisexual!

I misread this as "I knew you were" (which would be insultingly presumptuous)

The funny part being it only occurred to me in this thread to label it a date. I don't remember who he was, he just started sending me PMs telling me to ask him questions. It struck me as weird so I returned the weirdness. But it lasted a while.

Jinx
02-07-2013, 08:39 PM

Wait, date? I never knew you bisexual!

I misread this as "I knew you were" (which would be insultingly presumptuous)

The funny part being it only occurred to me in this thread to label it a date. I don't remember who he was, he just started sending me PMs telling me to ask him questions. It struck me as weird so I returned the weirdness. But it lasted a while.

Hot.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Can I be a contestant? :p

##Contestant (if so...)

Chris
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Cuch...? :blush:

qwertysaur
02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Can I be a contestant? :p

##Contestant (if so...)
:bigsmile:

Mercen-X
02-07-2013, 10:35 PM

Hot.

lol. Wanna give it a try?

Citizen Bleys
02-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Doesn't bother me, I'm an equal opportunity arsehole. :evil:

I'll give you contestants one chance to get rid of me before the selection: Convince Cuch to take my place.

Your move.

Faris
02-07-2013, 11:13 PM
The second Cuch applies, the thread title should be changed to have "We have Cuch! ;)" in the title. Everyone will flock become a contestant then!

Mercen-X
02-07-2013, 11:43 PM
On the other hand, if Cuch becomes a contestant, I will apply three layers of Raid to my clothes to keep the bugger away.

Formalhaut
02-07-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm shattered after the day, so sign-ups shall continue until I get back from sixth form / counselling. Probably about 6:00pm GMT. Any last sign-ups from males and females both would be both great and probably hilarious. We've filled 4 pages already, and it's only the first step :D

Vincent, Thunder God
02-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Who or what is Cuch?

Formalhaut
02-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Who or what is Cuch?

Your wildest dreams, or your scariest nightmares. ;)

Vincent, Thunder God
02-08-2013, 12:10 AM
I'll - take - dreams?

But only if you're in them, Formaldehyde.

Formalhaut
02-08-2013, 12:15 AM
I'll - take - dreams?

But only if you're in them, Formaldehyde.

Formaldehyde? Brilliant! You deserve rep for that. I'll overlook the fact that formaldehyde is a chemical used for embalming organs in autopsies. :)

Vincent, Thunder God
02-08-2013, 12:30 AM
*slapsface* I know damn well what formaldehyde is Formaldehyde! I heard Necropophile or whatever his name was mention it one time.

If you wanted -

I'd embalm you. :bigsmile:

Formalhaut
02-08-2013, 12:35 AM
*slapsface* I know damn well what formaldehyde is Formaldehyde! I heard Necropophile or whatever his name was mention it one time.

If you wanted -

Ur....

Vincent, Thunder God
02-08-2013, 12:48 AM
It's not deadly, you know. You're already practically made of the stuff, Formaldehyde.

Tigmafuzz
02-08-2013, 01:27 AM
what even.

Agent Proto
02-08-2013, 02:10 AM
I don't believe VTG has been introduced to Cuchulainn yet.

qwertysaur
02-08-2013, 03:09 AM

If you wanted -

Necronoctipus?

Mercen-X
02-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Necronopticus and I don't think Form was implying you didn't know something, Vinylidene polymer.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Vinylidene polymer.

if someone (read:FOA) wanted to change my username to that, I'd be cool.

qwertysaur
02-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Vinylidene polymer.

if someone (read:FOA) wanted to change my username to that, I'd be cool.
foa can't change usernames. She is not an admin :p

Mercen-X
02-09-2013, 02:40 AM
So wait. The whole Vanilla-Dean Paulie-Muir? Or just Vanilla-Dean? :p

Formalhaut
02-10-2013, 12:26 PM
And the sign-ups are now CLOSED.

Thank you all who have applied! Not to mention those who didn't apply but made this thread thus far quite amusing to read. I shall reveal the lucky male star of the show today, depending on when he get's my Mognet. After that, I shall Mognet him again to give me SIX questions for me to ask the contestants (who I have now also randomised and sorted). All of that will take place in a separate thread to keep things tidy, and this thread will transform into a game discussion thread which it kind of is anyway.

Stay tuned folks!

Mercen-X
02-11-2013, 04:05 AM
lol/ I really didn't think Form was going to present the chat so... Interviewy. I would have been... the same. Not off to a "fun" first start, I guess. :p

By the way, to be as possibly deliberate a nagging nit, Form harking means to listen. I believe you were going for "harping." You can't tell, but I'm making that flicky-tongue blalala tease sound.

Agent Proto
02-12-2013, 01:01 AM
This should be interesting. Good luck CONTESTANTS!

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-23-2013, 05:17 PM
So why did I only realize that this is happening now?

EDIT: And it is thus amusing so far guys! :D

Melissaur
02-23-2013, 05:43 PM
I forgot this was gouing on xD

Agent Proto
02-24-2013, 04:23 AM
She chopped off a dick. Beware of that contestant, dude.

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2013, 07:45 AM
To the tune of "The Beverly Hillbillies"

Well, listen to the story 'bout a love gone wrong
Poor ol' Mr. Bobbitt dearly loved his precious dong
Then one day when he pushed her way to far
She snipped off Mr. Happy and tossed it from the car

Well, the cops found his weiner and they took it to the doc
Koppel and Chung said they found it 'neath a rock
Covered with old stickers and a bottle cap or two
It wasn't what it had been but it would have to do

Well, the doctors started sewing but they made a little slip
Instead of near the middle they attached it to his hip
And now when Mr. Happy wants to feel that old delight
A hand's in Bobbitt's pocket (that's his left and not his right)

((I first saw this filksong twenty years ago, within a month or so of the Bobbitt incident making the news; I'm surprised I remembered roughly how it went. It apparently never made it to the internet since I couldn't find it on google))

Mercen-X
02-24-2013, 08:18 PM
yeah! now I remember. But they had to chop off his finger to use as a replacement down there didn't they?

Also, if my prick were ever lopped by anyone, I would take my revenge most aggregiously. No court date for that ...witch.

Foob
03-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Awe dammit. I'd of loved to participate. Its like the bachelor but...on eoff.

Formalhaut
03-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Awe dammit. I'd of loved to participate. Its like the bachelor but...on eoff.

Don't worry, there will be games in the future. :)