PDA

View Full Version : >> Wii U Monolith Soft RPG

black orb
02-05-2013, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlM_Vfa8-YQ

>>> I wet my pants every time I watch THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlM_Vfa8-YQ).. :luca:

anyone else excited about this?

Rostum
02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Very excited!

black orb
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
>>> Some people says is a Xenoblade Chronicles sequel but I can hardly see a connection..:luca:

nirojan
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
>>> Some people says is a Xenoblade Chronicles sequel but I can hardly see a connection..:luca:

I believe it's the big "X" that draws people to that conclusion :P
I'm pretty sure the original Xenogears had a similar X in the title, but I doubt Square's eager to patch things up for that franchise though.

Wolf Kanno
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM

Mostly because it uses the same animation models, menu screen and with the exception of the new Giant Robot element, the characters move about the world just like Xenoblade did. The big difference is a more down to earth color tone and HD FFXIII style graphics.

I'm pretty excited for it, Xenoblade Chronicles is my favorite original JRPG released this last console cycle and this game seems to have the same set-up going except they added a giant robot to play with and I do love my giant robots. :love:

Del Murder
02-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Looks fun. Probably worth buying a Wii U just for this and whatever Zelda game comes out for it. Also wasn't that Shulk at the end of the trailer or is that too speculative?

black orb
02-06-2013, 09:10 PM

I believe it's the big "X" that draws people to that conclusion :P
I'm pretty sure the original Xenogears had a similar X in the title, but I doubt Square's eager to patch things up for that franchise though.
>>> The big "X" only make me think about Xenogears, if Im not wrong Xenoblade Chronicles original name was "Monado" and not really part of the Xeno series..

Also the mechs I saw here are more like "Gears" (Xenogears mechs), Xenoblade`s mechs (Mechons) are more like a race of psycho mechanical beings and their appearance doesnt really fit the more classic mech-suits we saw on Xenogears..

The guy at the end of the trailer doesnt look like Shulk to me, but who knows it could be related in some way.. :luca:

Wolf Kanno
02-06-2013, 10:14 PM
You're both wrong, its going to be Xenosaga Episode IV 40058

Laddy
02-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Looks like an MMO to me.

black orb
02-06-2013, 10:44 PM
You're both wrong, its going to be Xenosaga Episode IV 40058
>>> Oh man, dont scare me :stare:..:luca:

that goes for you too Laddy.

Del Murder
02-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Looks like an MMO to me.
Xenoblade also looked like an MMO, but it turned out to be an awesome single-player game.

black orb
06-13-2013, 07:32 AM
>>> New trailer :)..

Wii U - New title developed by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC. Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=APWTJMyM4qg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=APWTJMyM4qg

Fynn
06-13-2013, 11:20 AM
This is incredible. I need a Wii U! Why can't FFXV and KHIII be on Wii U too? :(

Ouch!
06-13-2013, 06:34 PM
This is incredible. I need a Wii U! Why can't FFXV and KHIII be on Wii U too? :(
Square Enix was pretty vague about whether they would eventually get a Wii U port or not, and instead kept discussing how their Direct X 11-based engine allows for easy porting across any platform that supports Direct X 11. I'm (fairly) certain that includes Wii U.

Ultima Shadow
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
And here I thought that nothing - not even the new Super Smash - could convince me to get a Wii U.

...smurf it, Nintendo. Just... just take my damn money, if you want them that badly. :(

Venom65437
06-14-2013, 02:02 AM
I think it looks awesome! One of the many reasons I finally took the plunge and bought a Wii U!

Del Murder
06-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Playing Nintendo's first party games is usually enough reason for me to buy their systems, but this is the icing on the cake. I'll probably wait closer to it's US release to get a Wii U so that the price is lower (they'll want to lower it to compete with PS4 anyway).