PDA

View Full Version : One More Turn

Loony BoB
02-05-2013, 10:40 AM
What game causes you to suffer from this the most? I intended on going to bed before midnight yesterday but then the summer transfer window opened up in my game of Football Manager 2012, and, well... I'm so tired today. :(

Pike
02-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Civ IV, but of course!

TqtzhxzJzMI

NeoCracker
02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
There is no one game for me. This is just an ingrained habit I have for most games I play. :(

Loony BoB
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
There is no one game for me. This is just an ingrained habit I have for most games I play. :(
But which ones does it the most? Which ones makes you lose all sense of time despite knowing exactly what time it is? There must be one - or a few, perhaps - that have kept you up to ridiculous hours and made you late for work?

NeoCracker
02-05-2013, 11:03 AM
But which ones does it the most? Which ones makes you lose all sense of time despite knowing exactly what time it is? There must be one - or a few, perhaps - that have kept you up to ridiculous hours and made you late for work?

Lets see here....

I've beaten Super Mario RPG in one sitting, I'd once played Dynasty Warriors 5 four, quite literally, 24 hours straight, Xenoblade Murdered the hell out of my sleep for over a weak. I could keep this list going for ages man.

I honestly can't tell you which has done it most. If you can't tell, I have a problem. :(

Edit: Well, thinking a bit more, I guess the worse case scenario for me was Xenosaga...

We won't get into details on that one...

Pike
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I've beaten Super Mario RPG in one sitting

okay it's been a while since I've played SMRPG but I seem to recall that it was at least 20ish hours so that is impressive.

NeoCracker
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I've beaten Super Mario RPG in one sitting

okay it's been a while since I've played SMRPG but I seem to recall that it was at least 20ish hours so that is impressive.

I recall clocking in 30 hours, though given how long I'd been up I'm not sure if my memory of clock time is at all reliable. :p

black orb
02-05-2013, 11:12 AM
>>> Disgaea games, my bladder suffered..:luca:

Bubba
02-05-2013, 12:16 PM
What game causes you to suffer from this the most? I intended on going to bed before midnight yesterday but then the summer transfer window opened up in my game of Football Manager 2012, and, well... I'm so tired today. :(

I warned you, BoB!

Futan
02-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Civ and FTL.

Quindiana Jones
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
The last, tattered remnants of my dignity require that I do not go into any great depth in this thread... :erm:

Most recently: Far Cry 3. I thought it was going to be the last modern game I would play for a while, so I completed in roughly one day. One solid day. Including the night.

Skyblade
02-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Golden Sun, and Golden Sun: The Lost Age, when I first played them.

It was...bad. It wasn't a case of staying up too late, so much as a case of "one minute late won't hurt...", which became two minutes, and you can probably see where this is going.

Pike
02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
I thought of another one.

FF Tactics Advance.

Good WORD I could not ever put that game down.

CimminyCricket
02-05-2013, 02:15 PM
>>> Disgaea games, my bladder suffered..:luca:

Definitely! It wasn't until they ported it to the PSP that I was finally able to play AND go to the bathroom, but then I spent hours in the bathroom and then my butt suffered.

Now it's Mass Effect. I can't stop playing these games, especially the ME3 multiplayer. It's always one more round and I'll stop, one more round and I'll stop, one more r-- I'm late for class, I better finish this round and try to make it.

Raistlin
02-05-2013, 04:10 PM
In recent memory, Civ IV was the worst one for doing this to me. I even thought to myself "just one more turn" a number of times, which was a promise I inevitably broke.

*Laurelindo*
02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I was literally obsessed with Star Ocean - The Second Story about 5 years ago, I spent several summer nights in a row and finished the game from start to finish every time - and I even managed to get 8 characters each night! :eek:
My motive was pretty lame, I just wanted to unmark how many endings I had seen, but that was a good enough excuse to restart the game over and over. :monster:

I felt that time passed incredibly quickly during those playthroughs, I could be like "hm, it's probably 3 AM or something-but-whoops it's 7 AM". :p

By the way, I personally think it's a pretty pleasant feeling to become completely absorbed into a game and just sit back and enjoy the moment - it's almost a bit like becoming absorbed into a book.

TrollHunter
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Dark souls
Good god dark souls

Also, pokemon nuzlockes
Fire emblem nuzlockes
Disgaea games

Del Murder
02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Final Fantasy XI: come on, just one more level!

Bolivar
02-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Oblivion was the last game to really get me into that mindset.

Crusader Kings II before that had this mystical ability to remove time as a force in the universe. The very first play session I had ended with the sun coming up. Haven't had that in a while.

*Laurelindo*
02-05-2013, 10:09 PM
I often set "goals" when I play RPGs, when I decide to reach a certain point before I stop playing.
In Final Fantasy 10 I normally take my first 10-minute break right after Tidus is knocked off the Al Bhed ship, because this gives me the feeling that the ship accident actually did happen some time ago; then I keep playing until I reach the Mi'ihen Highroad, at which point I quit playing for the rest of the day.
You could think of them as "checkpoints" that I feel like I have to reach before I am satisfied.

Pete for President
02-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Dark souls
Good god dark souls

Agreed.

Just one more invasion. Didn't go too well? Heck, let's do another one. Did it go really well? Can't stop now, can I?

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2013, 01:00 PM
"I wonder what the next area/boss will be!"

...10 hours later...

"How about the next one?"

...10 hours later...

"Maybe one more..."

...1 minute later...

"Fuck you, Blighttown." *ragequit*

Flaming Ice
02-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Fire emblem
Disgaea games

`specially fire emblem....that game is hard to stop playing!:)

for some reason I hardly ever beat games but I beat all the fire emblem games i`ve played.

escobert
02-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Any Civ game will do this to me.

Denmark
02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
well, I recently played through Metroid Prime in one sitting, but that was only about 14 hours. towards the end my thought process was "ok i'm almost done just finish" and then it was like 7am when I finished

I Took the Red Pill
02-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I am guilty of this with FFTA and also with The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. And obviously Civ IV.

Mercen-X
02-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Games that purpose a point. I by no means have to continue playing games like GTA over and over again, because it's sandbox and the point is usually part of the story. Whereas in games like RPGs or maybe the recent New Super Mario Bros where the point seems to be get a "perfect" (in the latter case THREE FRICKING STARS! BOOYAH! Thank you very much) I tend to play them again and again until I've reached perfection. If there's no perfect endgame purposed, then I don't have to devote a shitload of time to it.

Rantz
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Civ IV. So much Civ IV.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Civ IV, but of course!

TqtzhxzJzMI

IV and V...omfg it is a sink hole T_T

qwertysaur
02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Echoing Civ 4. Watching Montezuma and Isabella having a catfight never gets old.

Laddy
02-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Civ IV.

TrollHunter
02-11-2013, 05:41 AM
OH, I had another one I forgot.
Burnout Takedown. I could play that game for DAYS without stopping.