PDA

View Full Version : Someone claims Final Fantasy V XIII will be PS4..And not Versus XIII...

JaymeNoel
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TrEU6Rdpnc

Thoughts? Opinions? Prayers?

I'm really hoping this isn't true. Finish out the Fabula Nova Crrystallis stories on PS3/ get back to main titles on PS4.

Can't imagine them wasting so much time on it and then scrapping it. Not when they need money now.

Del Murder
02-05-2013, 10:55 PM
There's been so many of these types of rumors that it's hard to pay attention anymore. Until SE itself says something I take anything said by others with a grain of salt.

Futan
02-05-2013, 10:58 PM
They should rename it Final Fantasy Forever, so we can reuse all the same Duke Nukem Forever jokes. :|

Goldenboko
02-05-2013, 10:59 PM
There's been so many of these types of rumors that it's hard to pay attention anymore. Until SE itself says something I take anything said by others with a grain of salt.

Yeah. Who the hell is the person who's so damn confident of this anyway :p

JaymeNoel
02-05-2013, 11:12 PM
I don't necessarily think it's going to happen.

Hm, perhaps the bigger concern is... WHY IS THIS NEWS, IGN!?

Formalhaut
02-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Because beggars can't be choosers. In lieu of actual, concrete news from SE, literally anything with the name "Versus" in the title will be snapped up because, hey, there's nothing else.

Goldenboko
02-05-2013, 11:33 PM
Because beggars can't be choosers. In lieu of actual, concrete news from SE, literally anything with the name "Versus" in the title will be snapped up because, hey, there's nothing else.

Yes they can. We don't report crap like this :colbert:

Formalhaut
02-05-2013, 11:53 PM

Yes they can. We don't report crap like this :colbert:

That's because EoFF is a quality news outlet reporting only prime cuts of beef, uh... SE news.

Raistlin
02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
We've heard this sort of rumor before, so I don't give it any credence. At this point I'd need to hear something from SE itself to even think this game is still being actively worked on instead of just simmering on the back burner.

ShinGundam
02-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Rumor control is weak when it comes to SE related, i mean we heard rumors about FF7 remake, DQ for PS3, Versus' cancellation and bunch of baseless speculations.

Bolivar
02-06-2013, 05:24 AM
It would make sense considering a ton of info and gameplay had been shown for it and then absolutely nothing for over a year. Sony told them to stfu before the PS4 launch.

Mirage
02-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Latest rumors: Rumors about rumors are rumored to have been posted somewhere. Rumors are that these rumors are in fact rumors.

That being said, it's not impossible that a generation shift would take place. However, I'm not going to care about it until SE says anything.

JaymeNoel
02-06-2013, 06:14 AM
It would make sense considering a ton of info and gameplay had been shown for it and then absolutely nothing for over a year. Sony told them to stfu before the PS4 launch.

As much as I agree, and as much as that does make sense, it makes even less sense for them to go ahead and release it on PS4.

1. Versus has constantly been said from the beginning to be designed "for the Playstation 3"... I understand they could scrap all of that and just start completely over, but why waste all the money creating something for 6 years and then when they go into full development start it on PS4?

2. Square needs money now. Sure, they'll get a large chunk of cash for Tomb Raider soon, but it's not enough.

3. This is the biggest reason I don't see why they would do this. IF, and this is a huge if, they decided to just make it a regular numbered title - say, 15, why the hell would you carry over mythology from FNC?

Chances are this is someone getting people going. Regardless, we need to be hearing something about Versus. I can't decide if I'm wanting a PS4 or a 720 and I'd say more then likely if it's released on next-gen, it'll be PS4 exclusive.

Best thing for them to do is release it as the last PS3 Final Fantasy title. I'm really hoping for a release late this year or early next.

EDIT - Decided. I will accept this on PS4 if they make a compilation of Final Fantasy X/X-2/XII HD for PS3. ....I can dream, right?

Elpizo
02-06-2013, 01:32 PM
It's a rumor, so I won't pay much attention to it, but I'll give my thought about this hypothetical scenario anyway:

It would suck. SE would have to try very hard to think of a bigger "fuck you, lol" to its PS3-owning fans.

So let's just hope they have more dignity than that.

Wolf Kanno
02-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Honestly? I'm banking it will get released on both the PS3 and PS4. Though an exclusive PS4 release is not unlikely. I mean Agito, started off as a cell phone exclusive game, was switched to the PSP for both hardware reasons and supposedly to make it more appealing to Westerners, and then got a name change late in its development and was finally released for both the PSP and the Vita. So I don't necessarily feel that what SE said six years ago has any baring on their current plans. Chances are very likely that Versus' development delay is due to technical issues and if jumping the project onto a stronger platform will make the game work better than I don't see why SE wouldn't make that choice. FNC has proven to be a overly ambitious and sadly poorly thought out venture this console cycle, which was marred by FFXIV's failure to make matters worse. Its high profile delay already means its going to get scrutinized when it finally does release, unless SE has placed the game on indefinite hold until their own finances improve.

Del Murder
02-06-2013, 05:39 PM
supposedly to make it more appealing to Westerners
Then why did we never get it?

Wolf Kanno
02-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Well I said it wasn't certain if that was the case or not. Though if I had to gather a guess, I would say the sheer disninterest among the fanbase is why the game has not made it over here, as well as the lagging sales of the handheld market outside of Japan. I think the initial announcement of the game being for cell phones made most non-Japanese FF fans quickly categorize it as a non-entity.

Formalhaut
02-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Yeah, when I initially heard the term "cell-phone" my mind switched off. Once it was revitalised, did some research etc, I was hooked.

Though I'd prefer it on a console though compared to a handheld.

Xannidel
02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Well we don't have a definite date for the PS4 to launch so I would not like to get my hopes up on Versus being a PS4 exclusive JUST yet. But even then I would not mind the PS4 having a Final Fantasy launch title, sounds pretty nice to me.

black orb
02-15-2013, 06:46 AM
>>> I'm banking it will get released on the PS5..:luca:

DMKA
02-17-2013, 05:23 AM
Good god, IGN is worse than Kotaku these days.

Nine out of ten times a rumor comes about in this fashion from an "inside source" that no one will actually identify, it's crap, and I'm quite confident that it is this time, too.

The rumor that Versus would be rebranded as XV was already made, and debunked by SE, like a year or two ago.

As for it being a PS4 title, I seriously doubt it. They've dumped all this time and money into making a game specifically for the PS3. I can't imagine them moving it to another console which would just prolong the development time even further. Plus, PS3 has plenty of life left in it, if the PS1 and PS2 are anything to go by.

Not to mention that SE has no qualms releasing FF titles on consoles that are at the tail end of their respective generation. Heck, Final Fantasy IX came out for the PS1 after the PS2 was released, and Final Fantasy XII came out for PS2 mere months before PS3 was released. And then there's the latest FFXI expansion, yet to be released, which is getting released for the PS2 this year.