PDA

View Full Version : Introductions are in order!

BusterBlade
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Hello darlings,

A lovely practically-Scottish damsel known as Lockharted has made me aware of your delectable community and I just had to come by and experience this special place for myself. You can all refer to me by the name BusterBlade. I'm 21 years old studying Economics currently. I'm also a former roleplayer (FF/Kingdom Hearts mainly) and avid gamer. I live in Dublin, Ireland and I'm half Irish half Greek. Thats my short intro, if you've got any questions feel free to throw them my way. If you're a fellow Irish person, I demand you prove it and enter a drinking contest with me ASAP (Greeks get free sheftalia <3). Look forward to getting to know you all better in the future! Mwah xoxoxox

Steam Profile: Steam Community :: ID :: [TE] IrishDeagle (http://steamcommunity.com/id/PhilyEc/)

BusterBlade

Night Fury
02-05-2013, 10:42 PM
I'M NOT EVEN SCOTTISH YOU MORON.

But yeeeeey you joined! :D

BusterBlade
02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
5 gil? IM RICH \o/

Futan
02-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the forums! :D

Shorty
02-06-2013, 12:04 AM
So glad Locky recruited you! Welcome to our forums :love:

Freya
02-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Welcome! You can use your gil to buy triple triad cards I believe! You can challenge people to a game if you'd like!

Formalhaut
02-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I'M NOT EVEN SCOTTISH YOU MORON.

Eh, Scottish? Northern English? What's the difference :p

Anyway, I'm glad our seemingly resident recruiter signed you up! I promise you will have an amazing time. Ooh, what Final fantasies do you enjoy best?

Also, I'm quarter Irish, and my mum's full blooded Irish. Hate to say it to you, but I'm tee-total :)

Pheesh
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
She's practically Scottish!?! Well this changes everything :colbert:

Welcome to the forum though, any fan of Kingdom Hearts is automatically in my good books.

qwertysaur
02-06-2013, 04:16 AM
welcome to EoFF. We have cookies! :cookie:

Citizen Bleys
02-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Eh, Scottish? Northern English? What's the difference :p

Scots are easier to understand.

The most nonsensical thing I've ever heard from a Scot was "When a man's goan doon the brae, ilka ane gies him a jundie." I agree totally with whatever the hell that means.

BusterBlade
02-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the kind welcomes everyone, I'll get to responding to enquiries right away!

Welcome! You can use your gil to buy triple triad cards I believe! You can challenge people to a game if you'd like!

Oh! A mini-game! I heard Lockharted speaking about it excitedly, but between you and me, I think she'd just be weighing the team down with all that lack of skill she experiences. U MAD LH? :kakapo: I'll have to look into the details of this right away and build upon my fortune though, thanks!

I'm glad our seemingly resident recruiter signed you up! I promise you will have an amazing time. Ooh, what Final fantasies do you enjoy best?

Also, I'm quarter Irish, and my mum's full blooded Irish. Hate to say it to you, but I'm tee-total :)

Hrmmm, well I did love FFVII alot. I thought I'd be stuck in Midgar all game long. The opening of the world into something far larger shocked me so much when I was younger. Usually theres some trade-off between linearity and lack of direction in games (eg Fable titles vs Sandbox games) so I was really impressed by how much FFVII accurate struck the perfect balance with SOLID content. Besides that, I'm not much of a lover of the later series, though FFVIII did have its merits (just couldn't connect with Squall!) and FFX was awesome. That said I think I was more impressed with what Lost Odyssey did with the genre than what Square Enix continued pushing (further and further down the route of linearity).

You get a quarter-pint for your roots anyhow. Enjoy my son. -w-

She's practically Scottish!?! Well this changes everything :colbert:

Welcome to the forum though, any fan of Kingdom Hearts is automatically in my good books.

I've got video footage of her swimming across a river just to get over the border and away from her homeland. Shes a traitor to all SCOTS.

KH will always be my answer whenever somebody asks what my favourite game is. Alot of games out there are simple throwaways and such, but KH was the first game and only game to this date that ever phased me emotionally. The sense of accomplishment in finishing worlds and eventually the game goes unrivalled in my books!

- - - - - -

Loving the responses guys! Hope to see more later! :jess:

Pheesh
02-07-2013, 10:45 AM
KH will always be my answer whenever somebody asks what my favourite game is. Alot of games out there are simple throwaways and such, but KH was the first game and only game to this date that ever phased me emotionally. The sense of accomplishment in finishing worlds and eventually the game goes unrivalled in my books!

Congratulations, we're now best friends. :bigsmile:

Pike
02-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Hello my friend, I clicked on your Steam profile and Crusader Kings 2 is displayed very prominently so I would like to commend you on your fantastic taste in video games!

BusterBlade
02-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Congratulations, we're now best friends. :bigsmile:

Let us bask in the glow of FRUNDSHEP! :eek:

Hello my friend, I clicked on your Steam profile and Crusader Kings 2 is displayed very prominently so I would like to commend you on your fantastic taste in video games!

Thank you! Feel free to throw a link back and I'll add ya. I've never played the multiplayer with anyone so could be good craic!

Night Fury
02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
I've got video footage of her swimming across a river just to get over the border and away from her homeland. Shes a traitor to all SCOTS.

Lies! Stop spreading lies you. I've known you for 6 years and you've never mentioned this 'footage' :doublecolbert:

BusterBlade
02-07-2013, 11:02 AM

Lies! Stop spreading lies you. I've known you for 6 years and you've never mentioned this 'footage' :doublecolbert:

W-why does he have two pairs of arms..? Are you threatening me?! I GOT COPIES READY TO BE DISTRIBUTED THE MOMENT I DIE YOU BARBARIAN! DON'T TOUCH ME!! :mad2:

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 11:58 AM
How do you know Locky?

Well, people have already asked the tricky question of your favourite Final Fantasy, and I'm torn on how to view you so far. I mean, on the one hand, you love FFVII, so that by definition means you're awesome. On the other hand, you love FFX, and, well... yeah... there's only one way to find out if you're still a decent person, and that's by asking the less tricky, easy-to-answer, simple questions to see if you answers show some signs of you being a reasonable person. So, with that said, what's your story?

Night Fury
02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
We know each other from roleplaying boards :D

BusterBlade
02-07-2013, 12:18 PM
How do you know Locky?

Well, people have already asked the tricky question of your favourite Final Fantasy, and I'm torn on how to view you so far. I mean, on the one hand, you love FFVII, so that by definition means you're awesome. On the other hand, you love FFX, and, well... yeah... there's only one way to find out if you're still a decent person, and that's by asking the less tricky, easy-to-answer, simple questions to see if you answers show some signs of you being a reasonable person. So, with that said, what's your story?

Locky was in my circle of close friends back when we were roleplayers. I maintained a presitigious title known as 'Munchy' to most (since we all carried Aliases for the sake of those who want to keep IRL separate from RP). We all started back in 2006 and pretty much set the ground for roleplay from knowing nothing (we were all kids afterall) to a very flexible system where rules were pressed into once any form of competitive roleplay was taken upon. The concept of roleplay evolved over the years as we all grew off eachothers increasing skills in writting and presentation. It was a great community anyhow, hundreds of active people. What goes up must come down though sadly.

Also, FFX was awesome man! Great cutscenes, awesome revamped battle system and BLITZZZZBAAALLLLL!!!! (I admit some of the characters were just plain awful though)

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Did you have a fixed / rule-based battle system in your RP, or did you opt for a moderated creative writing system? I've been pondering getting back into a bit of RP'ing over the past months.

Faris
02-07-2013, 12:44 PM
welcome to EoFF. We have cookies! :cookie:

:monster: Teehee

Welcome to EoFF. Lockharted is currently keeping captive somewhere. If you hear screams and thumping, please help. the most wonderful person ever and has an excellent taste for dungeons.

Mirage
02-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Sup Buster.

BusterBlade
02-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Did you have a fixed / rule-based battle system in your RP, or did you opt for a moderated creative writing system? I've been pondering getting back into a bit of RP'ing over the past months.

Originally, people of all creative backings were welcome to take part, but as the scene got more popular and certain individuals were seen climbing some imaginary social status ladder, those individuals imposed their own set of rules to make RP more... rigid. The rule-based battle system overcame fighting 'off-the-fly', and the scene became very competitive. The main problem was, there were alot of egos developing relative to their self-perceived level of skill compared to other RPers and as a result alot of fights would end up being shorter than the arguments breaking out over technicalities after some disagreement about a move being made.

I decided to step out of the scene and instead help referee matches for the community to observe and settle all these toxic disputes. I went to the length of creating a Premiership type of league where a roster of RPers who signed up had their names taken down and all their fights recorded. The roster would be in order of who could beat who, so if 6th place lost to 8th place, they'd swap positions. People wanted to all go for number 1 though as you can imagine, so I imposed a rule wherein you could only Officially challenge someone for their rank if they were at most 3 spots above you. This group 'Kaizen Shinka' did pretty well for itself, and eventually when I left the community, modified imitations were created to take up its role as an organization.

Overall, great scene, just a shame people got too cocky. :jess:

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 12:52 PM
You pretty much wrote out exactly why I prefer everything to be done through creative writing. :D So long as people know what is and is not okay, it's far easier. People should also remember to write for the good of the story rather than for the good of themselves. Dramatic deaths are quality things.

Jinx
02-07-2013, 12:59 PM
My character is a sorceress, who is a virgin maiden, but also completely irresistible to men. She's also really tough and snarky, but super sweet and gentle. She can use a bow and arrow as well as magic, but she always looks completely beautiful. She is also a catgirl.

BusterBlade
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
You pretty much wrote out exactly why I prefer everything to be done through creative writing. :D So long as people know what is and is not okay, it's far easier. People should also remember to write for the good of the story rather than for the good of themselves. Dramatic deaths are quality things.

Sadly RP became a chore and now anyone left on the website just talks OOC instead of attempting to RP at all. Sad times.