PDA

View Full Version : Members whose posts you always read.

Jinx
02-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Some of the members on where are rather wordy, and reading their posts can be a chore. A lot of the time, if a post is too long, I will skip it.

I never skip Shorty's, Miriel's, or Shlup's long posts though. I always think those ladies have a lot of great things to say.

Whose posts don't need a tl;dr for you?

Citizen Bleys
02-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Cuchulainn.

Beowulf
02-06-2013, 04:19 AM
There are a few.

Shlup, Raistlin, Bleys, Shorty, Tifa's Boobs, Tigmafuzz are always ones I read. Usually comical, sometimes serious.

I'm sure there are more, but that is what comes to mind right now...

Forsaken Lover
02-06-2013, 04:23 AM
I don't read all of WK's threads because there are way too goddam many of them but if it's a post about something I'm interested in, I'll read all of it.

Futan
02-06-2013, 04:24 AM
Cuchulainn.

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2013, 04:26 AM
I only ever read the thread title and make my posts based off of that.

Shorty
02-06-2013, 06:35 AM
Del Murder. One liners are pretty difficult to ignore.

Pike
02-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Cuchulainn.

Aulayna
02-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I think I skip posts by everyone in similar measure when looking at it as an average.

Faris
02-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Only when it feels like I'm about to read The Heart of Darkness again will I skip reading posts in a thread of interest.

Bubba
02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
If I'm subscribing to a particular thread then I'll always read what everyone has to say. Some EOEO threads I've just given up on though as people generally have A LOT to say over there. There are one or two members that I will intentionally skip as I can't stomach the way they write.

Generally though I will give everyone's posts the once over. I find pretty much everyone on EOFF extremely interesting and insightful and it's great reading their opinions!

blackmage_nuke
02-06-2013, 12:30 PM
I usually read Wolf Kanno's and Yearg's posts assuming the topic intrests me.Ouch!'s posts are only half as wordy but I read them too.

Goldenboko
02-06-2013, 12:32 PM
I typically read all the posts in a thread. I just read them backwards.

Rantz
02-06-2013, 12:45 PM
I read everyone's posts always, except for Bubba's.

Bubba
02-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I read everyone's posts always, except for Bubba's.

It's probably a good job. All my posts consist of throwing childish insults at the pile of congealed monkey vomit known as Rantz.

I'm safe in the knowledge that this will once again this will pass him by.

Psychotic
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM
This thread bored me and I just scrolled down to reply. :)

Flaming Ice
02-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I always double check my posts like a good writer should!

(okay like any writer should :greenie:)

Loony BoB
02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
I don't think there is any one person I will always read the posts of. I tend to skim read depending on the length. Short posts I almost always read. Because of this I probably read a lot of posts by certain users. Then there are some users that I'll read the posts of because I feel I have a bond with them on some level. smittenkitten, when she bothers to show up. Shorty, DK, definitely. Maaaaaybe Rantz/Psy. Hard to say, really. Too many members to consider. D=

In older times there were certain members I would look forward to the posts of, but we had a lot more quirky characters back then. I'm talking about usernames such as Del Snizz, Wyllius and Nait. I probably still skipped through a bunch of their posts, too, but they were so quirky and "in character" at EoFF that it was always amusing to read their stuff. For threads, though, BOU wins that for me. I don't think there has ever been someone who made threads that would consistently draw me in as much as his.

Oh, Cid, too. Purely because it's Cid. It's almost cheating, really.

You know, I think it's mostly that in recent times I tend to skimread more, and also that I tend to read posts these days much more than I notice the usernames posting them. You could say I'm too interested in the discussion to worry about who's involved sometimes, or something.

Denmark
02-06-2013, 05:11 PM
smurfing

eric (jowy to those plebs what don't know)

the fact he hasn't been mentioned yet means you're all wrong you gosh dang jerks

(yes this means i had to read the posts of everyone in this thread. i generally skim but get a good gist. i only post in and threads i care about going in anyway so it's less effort overall for me)

Shorty
02-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Eric knows I read his posts!

Denmark
02-06-2013, 05:13 PM
it doesn't mean anything unless you write it in a forum post

Old Manus
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Sometimes I feel that my quality of life will be significantly improved if all I ever read were Cuchulainn's posts.

And Bert.

And Sephe-(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Shauna
02-06-2013, 06:10 PM
I dunno. I tend to read all posts, not singling out anyone in particular.

Probably because I have too much free time. Ask me again when I'm employed.

Formalhaut
02-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I generally tend to always read smaller posts, and if it's an issue I feel strongly about I bump that up to all posts. I do agree with some others though: If I lose track of a debate in EoEo or something, I try and "resume" reading from the last few posts.

In terms of members, it does depend. If it's a thread I have started, I will definitely scrutinise each post, no matter who. In all other threads, if it's a friend, or someone I care deeply for, I will definitely read any and everything they have to say.

Bunny
02-06-2013, 11:54 PM
I read my posts.

Agent Proto
02-07-2013, 12:16 AM
I don't read any specific member's posts all the time. I read whatever posts that I come across that's not usually a wall of text. Though, I do end up reading what Iceglow has to say, because his posts are so unintentionally funny.

NorthernChaosGod
02-07-2013, 01:19 AM
I don't read any of your guys' post all the time.

Raistlin
02-07-2013, 02:38 AM
I never read anything any of you post, which I'm pretty sure is the only reason I have retained the tenuous hold on what little sanity I have left. I just have a list of preset responses and simply copy/paste based on the thread titles. If the thread title is ambiguous I just make fun of Shlup or Iceglow, which usually ends up being on topic.

NeoCracker
02-07-2013, 03:07 AM
I think WK is the one I most consistantly will read. Though I try to read all comments in threads I'm interested in. :p

Jinx
02-07-2013, 03:16 AM
I forgot to say: I always read Mercen-X's posts.

Mercen-X
02-07-2013, 05:31 AM
I never skip Shorty's, Miriel's, or Shlup's long posts though. I always think those ladies have a lot of great things to say.Also chionos, I suppose.

I would probably read The Man's posts but the blue coloring makes it harder for me to focus.

Clo
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Eric is da bomb-fo-sheezy. Plus I like how he does that little edit add-on, unlike the rest of you plebes.

Madame Adequate
02-08-2013, 11:46 PM
well

this thread

this thread has just broken my heart

:cry:

Ouch!
02-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Eric is da bomb-fo-sheezy. Plus I like how he does that little edit add-on, unlike the rest of you plebes.
I went through a phase in which I insisted on using the edit field and the title field in every post I made.

Then I got lazy.

Jowy
02-08-2013, 11:54 PM
I went through a phase in which I insisted on using the edit field and the title field in every post I made.

Then I got lazy.

You should have put "then I got lazy" in the edit field. :aimsun:

maybee
02-09-2013, 07:19 AM
well

this thread

this thread has just broken my heart

:cry:

Are you okay MILF ?

Err I read most members posts but it depends on the subject and what's going on. Sometimes if I'm having a bad day or just sleepy I read less than normal and just happen to skim through everything. So it really depends.

Shlup
02-09-2013, 07:28 AM
I always read everyone's posts because I'm a damn sweetheart. What? You can't prove I'm lying.

NorthernChaosGod
02-09-2013, 10:02 PM
I always read everyone's posts because I'm a damn sweetheart. What? You can't prove I'm lying.

I'm pretty sure I've said things about you that if you read, I'd be banned.

nik0tine
02-10-2013, 12:59 AM
SuperMillionaire.

Actually, I'm not entirely sure if I'm always reading his posts or if I just happen to be reading the same post over and over and over again.

Rostum
02-10-2013, 05:08 AM
I read everyone's posts if I have the time. :)

Araciel
02-10-2013, 05:44 AM
All the pretty girls'.

Lonely Paper Star
02-13-2013, 05:48 AM
I don't really read particular members' threads over the others, I don't think. I usually read a post first and then look at the name of the poster second. I don't know. Maybe I do and I don't think about it. XD

Shlup
02-13-2013, 10:15 AM

I'm pretty sure I've said things about you that if you read, I'd be banned.

You still being alive is just another example of what a sweetheart I am.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Read OP.

Skim everything after.

Make a post.

Only check thread again to see if someone responded to me.

Never happens.

The exception being If I make a thread, I read everything in it.

edit: This isn't entirely true btw, this is usually for threads that are repeat visits :p

There are plenty of members whos posts I like reading :thumb:

Bubba
02-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Only check thread again to see if someone responded to me.

Never happens.

Generic response to Lone Wolf Leonhart

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-13-2013, 12:57 PM
:thumb: