PDA

View Full Version : Your nerdiness translating itself in really strange ways.

Jinx
02-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks to taking an ASL class, I now know how to sign, "Hey! Who turned out [all] the lights?"

How do you show/rejoice in your nerdiness/fandoms in strange ways?

Mirage
02-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Sounds like you are well prepared for when evolution gives us infrared vision.

Shorty
02-06-2013, 06:38 AM
I collect bottle caps in case I might need them.

Quindiana Jones
02-06-2013, 12:53 PM
You play too much Fallout.

Aulayna
02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
TIL: ASL = American Sign Language and not Age/Sex/Location

Clearly I've been on the internet for too long.

Bubba
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM
When I'm walking to work and I haven't got my headphones... I will imagine a scenario in my head where I'm playing Million Pound Drop. I've got to the last question with all my money still intact. The final question comes up and it's about retro gaming. I imagine myself confidently pushing my £1M pounds onto the correct answer. I will then spend the remaining one minute thinking time explaining to everyone in detail why I'm right.

I may need some help.

NeoCracker
02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I will just say yes, and not say what it was. This is because in no way is it appropriate to EoFF, but no one really wants to here this about myself. :p

Sephex
02-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I use my transporter to save on gas here and there.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
You're a poet Harry - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PxQuc5Ijs)

That is all. Thank you. Goonight. *bows*

Denmark
02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
everyone realizes how much irony is contained in TB's post right

idk i play a lot of video games and don't leave the house much, does that count

Jinx
02-06-2013, 05:29 PM
everyone realizes how much irony is contained in TB's post right

idk i play a lot of video games and don't leave the house much, does that count

VASHTA NERADA OKAY DENMARK

Shauna
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I dunno! I'm quite outwardly nerdy, so I don't channel it in any sort of unusual way. Unless being slightly unusual counts. :3

Denmark
02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
note the time of post

this is how i'm nerd i guess

e: someone else should have posted before shauna though so it'd be post #13 in thread

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
In my 20th century Continental Philosophy class we were reading Heidegger's "Question Concerning Technology" as well as Levinas' critique of Heidegger's position in light of Gagarin (first person to be in outer space). Part of the discussion had to do with dwelling and the prof mentioned how both were concern with dwelling. This consequentially made me make a mental note to read more on both regarding dwelling as well as wonder how such discussion could be understood in the Mass Effect universe. Yes, I really need a life.

I also was trying to relate Hegel's discussion of lord and bondsman (master/slave) to A Song of Ice and Fire, particularly the question/riddle posed by Varys to Tyrion. Oh and thought about the same material in relation to sex dynamics. First, I need to better understand what Hegel means because is he ever dense. Second, I really shouldn't be so distracted when reading.

This is what happens when you are a philosophy major and your mind wanders. At least when you are me.

Jinx
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Oh, I thought you were gonna say, "And then I asked my professor if this book was really written by an FFVII character."

Mirage
02-07-2013, 12:47 PM
I was waiting for that part too.

Freya
02-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I often quote things and put them into normal situations?
"Well do you see it?" "No" "Well what do your elven eyes see?"
"I love you." "i know." "..." "..." "..." "get it, it's from star wars." "you're a loser"