PDA

View Full Version : Workplace antics

Rantz
02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
This morning when I got to work there was a binder on my desk with a post-it note on it reading "Please return with comments". Took a glance inside it and it appeared to be a novel's worth of work-related legalese. There were a number of marked pages, so I flipped one of them open. The page looked something like this (http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/117/6c9e0b894989466fbfd862c0a296776f/l.jpg). Checked all of the marked pages and some bizarrely misshapen person was staring out of each one. It was pretty funny in all its simplicity.

Do your coworkers have a sense of humour? Do you get up to wacky antics in your workplace?

Psychotic
02-07-2013, 01:24 PM
One of my colleagues burst his stress ball and it contains loads and loads of loads of little red beads. For the past week you can expect to find a pile of them on your desk or else cleverly hidden around. In revenge he got a post-it on the bottom of his mouse. Never fails to confuse people :)

CimminyCricket
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
A couple of years ago when I was woring at a law center, a new join thought she was hot stuff and started trying to jump in on some of our office antics without first being welcomed to join. We plastic wrapped her chair and everything on her desk together and went over it with duct tape, then we hid all the scissors. It was a great day.

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I work in IT, and therefore we are devoid of personality and any sense of humour is completely imagined. Things such as monitors being completely coated in post-it notes, pallet jack races, chairs being randomly tightly packaged in brown tape and bubble wrap, chairs being adjusted in uncomfortable ways, mice and/or keyboard cable lengths being fixed so that you can't move them into a comfortable position, desktop wallpapers being adjusted, OCD people being messed about with, long-range wireless mice being used on unsuspecting individuals, dodgy emails and chat messages being sent when you forget to lock your screen, white liquidy substances being left on keyboards, all that kind of stuff? This is all done with some kind of humourless, logical reasoning.

And then there are the random drawings left around the place of various strange things that someone once drew when they were bored. I miss that guy.

Psychotic
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
OCD people being messed about withSo you then.

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 02:19 PM
OCD people being messed about withSo you then.
I'm probably the least OCD person in the office, since pretty much all day I get people dumping all kinds of kit on my desk (I'm responsible for all hardware). Right now my desk contains a roll of cellotape, 16 PCE smart card (reader/writer for laptops) which we don't even use, a port replicator, a box of memory, some more memory, tomato sauce/salt/pepper packets, surviettes, notepads, labels in envelopes, a stack of about 15-20 plastic cups, a stapler, a USB charger, Epaderm cream, a mug filled with screwdrivers/scissors/pens/markers, a stanley knife, a fan, a phone, a post-it note pad, some leftover bits of a pack of mints, an empty Drench bottle, a PC, a barcode scanner, a DVD+R, two heatsink compound syringes, a power supply, a system board and an empty styrofoam food container (BBQ chicken wrap and curly fries for lunch today, nom nom nom). Whee!

Admittedly it's mostly organised (ie, shafted as far from center as possible), but if you think I'm bad you should see some of the legitimately OCD people around here. They are perfectly tidy. Perfectly. We get their pedestal draws and open/shut them rapidly a few times to mess with them when they're being dicks.

DK
02-07-2013, 02:20 PM
One of my colleagues burst his stress ball and it contains loads and loads of loads of little red beads. For the past week you can expect to find a pile of them on your desk or else cleverly hidden around. In revenge he got a post-it on the bottom of his mouse. Never fails to confuse people :)

I am not gonna lie dude, I'm kind of upset with you that you posted in this thread without mentioning the glory of Kim. Sort yourself out.

Psychotic
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
I am not gonna lie dude, I'm kind of upset with you that you posted in this thread without mentioning the glory of Kim. Sort yourself out.nobody at EoFF would understand it. They're not sophisticated enough to appreciate such majesty.

Loony BoB
02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
If you're not talking about the immortal (and deceased) North Korean leader, I'm disappointed.

Old Manus
02-07-2013, 03:00 PM
One time I returned from my lunch break to find that my desk had been cleared and replaced with this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/428284_10150675770526391_1332064569_n_zps8c4b2c88.jpg

For the uninformed, those are the logos and colours (or at least they were!) of Cardiff City, Swansea's rivals and second best football team in Wales. They had just got to the League Cup final (they lost to a team that shall not be named), and as my job is in Cardiff, everyone was handing out silly flyers and flags in the build up to the match.

There are multiple hidden gags out of shot, including a poster stuck under my desk that I didn't notice for a while. My personal favourite was a sticker placed on the spacebar saying 'press if you love CCFC!' We're so whacky!

Shoeberto
02-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Non-approved workplace humor is prohibited by Operating Procedure Code 10.217, found on page 1127 of the Standard Operating Procedure Document (2009 Revision). I'm really excited, they're supposed to be releasing the 2013 revision, I'm gushing with anticipation as to what colors I'm not supposed to wear on certain days.

(It's not actually that bad. But when you work in a place where security is emphasized, humor is... tough.)

Shorty
02-07-2013, 06:09 PM
My coworkers are mostly all girls and the rest of the office is full of self-important snobs. So no.

Raistlin
02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
I like how BoB denied being OCD and then proceeded to list every single item on his desk.

We don't do much in the way of pranks, but most of my office has a great sense of humor. My boss is especially hilarious, and doesn't hesitate to ruthlessly mock anyone and everyone. Maybe I should try to pull something before I leave. Some of my colleagues are good targets...

Tigmafuzz
02-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Not mine, but...

http://i.imgur.com/bHjms8z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/okPCwiR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N9wZrmj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ocyTF64.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BxsANke.jpg

Shorty
02-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh my god.

HOW DO I DO THIS TO MY DESK

can I get a door to shut in peoples' faces

that would seriously be so beautiful.

Shiny
02-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Where I work, they have a sense of humor, but I'm still getting to know them. The other place I was at we were bunch of freaks. My boss and most of the women were hilarious and demented. Even the HR went around quoting lines from the beginning of Malcolm X where all the kids go, "I AM MALCOLM X" and so we all decided to chime in, "I AM MALCOLM X" in different African accents. Good times. I miss them. ;__; We shall hopefully get to have an official departure party soon.

Also the VP would shout, "Ain't nobody got time for dat" quite frequently. One time we were all at the company party, and me, HR, and these four other people were in a corner. They HR then just blurted out to us before she ran away, "OH NO! Disperse! MINORITY CORNER! MINORITY CORNER!"

I can recall other funny incidents as well, but I will refrain and just do this last one. When Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was released, the distributor sent us a card board cut out of Tom Cruise with a hood on, so one of the program schedulers took it and placed it in people's offices when they weren't there. He scared a good amount of people. Then he went to the CEO's room and peeked it around his doorway. Scared him as well.

Faris
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
At my office job we're too busy and tense to have any decent pranks but there's lots of friendly banter.

Too new at my retail job to do such things.

When I worked in the deli we would sometimes throw meat at each other and I would sneak up on my coworkers without them knowing and waited until they noticed. Really shouldn't be doing that to 60+ year olds though :jess:

Night Fury
02-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I usually just pick on the other supervisor on my floor. I'm very quiet at work so nobody ever suspects it was me.

A few weeks ago, I unclipped all the wallets in his folder so when he went to pick it up it would fall everywhere. :bigsmile:

Clo
02-08-2013, 06:15 PM
When we get bored at work, we pull up the students' Twitter accounts and laugh at them.

Futan
02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
My coworkers are mostly all girls and the rest of the office is full of self-important snobs. So no.

Pretty much this nowadays. Just mocking is all that remains. XD

Back in the day, there was plenty though. XD Mentioned in another post that I used to slapbox with a former coworker during breaks. We also used to throw a football around(Guess I should mention we work in a warehouse around the corner from the main campus. So plenty of room to throw XD). We would try to get it in a trash can, usually placing bets for lunch XD, or just throw to each other. There's some other trout involving inside jokes but I'm too lazy to explain. :x

Formalhaut
02-08-2013, 06:49 PM
One of my colleagues burst his stress ball

Wow, he must have been incredibly stressed to burst a ball specifically designed for it.

Tigmafuzz
02-08-2013, 09:30 PM
One of my colleagues burst his stress ball

Wow, he must have been incredibly stressed to burst a ball specifically designed for it.

Well, "burst his stress ball" may be a euphemism :erm:

Shiny
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
My former workplace. They're dancing around my desk. Nice to see they're excited I left. ;___; (http://youtu.be/VNvTlRhiEz4)