PDA

View Full Version : Tax Returns

Shiny
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
I like them, but I'd like them even more if they gave me more. "Greed is good."

Explain ways in which the IRS has screwed you over. Feel free to include student loan woes.

Shorty
02-08-2013, 10:17 PM
I got a lot more back than I was expecting to this year. Unfortunately, most of it has to go to fixing and registering my car and moving.

but I realllllllllllly want a Samsung Galaxy SIII ;_______________________;

Futan
02-08-2013, 11:01 PM
The IRS has screwed me over by not letting me claim my dog and every hobo I've given money to that year as dependents. :colbert:

But for seriously, never had any issues w/ the IRS really. I know my broker 'screwed' me over last year by getting extensions to send out the trout for the Schedule D. So had to wait longer to do them. :-/

Probably all the money will be going towards bills. Fun. D:

Denmark
02-08-2013, 11:27 PM
change title of thread to "tax refunds" pls

unless you wanna talk about tax returns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_return_(United_States))

Shiny
02-08-2013, 11:33 PM
Anything related to taxes ,IRS, and the government taking any monies can be discussed here. :greenie:

Bunny
02-08-2013, 11:55 PM
The IRS has screwed me over by not letting me claim my dog and every hobo I've given money to that year as dependents.

I wonder if rich people get tax breaks because they claim all of the plebs as dependents.

Futan
02-08-2013, 11:56 PM
The IRS has screwed me over by not letting me claim my dog and every hobo I've given money to that year as dependents.

I wonder if rich people get tax breaks because they claim all of the plebs as dependents.

Obviously. :p

Pike
02-09-2013, 12:41 AM
I AM STILL WAITING ON MY STUPID W-2 THEY SAID THEY SENT IT WEEKS AGO WHY IS IT NOT HERE ASGKHAS;LTKEHAS;LGKAS

Pheesh
02-09-2013, 12:56 AM
End of financial year isn't till July over here so I have to wait till then before I can lodge my tax. I usually get a big chunk back because I take out quite a bit more tax from my paycheck than I need to, this year I'll get it at the perfect time though, right when I'm about to go on holiday and stuff :D

Jinx
02-09-2013, 02:57 AM
We're doing taxes on Sunday. :D
omg omg monieees

EDIT:
True story:

One of my W-2s and my school tax thing is in my desk drawer.

The other W-2 has found its way to the top of my toilet.

i'unno.

Ouch!
02-09-2013, 04:15 AM
The first time I ever filed my taxes, I wasn't aware that it's common practice to just round to the nearest dollar amount. I was a student and a dependent, and consequently everything worked out to the government owing me a whole $5.13.

I got a check for $513 instead. Probably could have just let that slip, but I let them know they screwed up and got the proper amount back.

Yar
02-09-2013, 04:28 AM
They don't have their fucking shit together this year so I have to wait three more weeks to get my money. I've already waited two... :mad:

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-09-2013, 07:03 AM
Once I get my T4/Releve 1 from my work, I am going to file. Thankfully as a student I will get money back this year. Last year I was not a student and I made just into the next tax bracket and got screwed.

Araciel
02-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Lolol refund *sigh*

Mirage
02-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I got a lot more back than I was expecting to this year. Unfortunately, most of it has to go to fixing and registering my car and moving.

but I realllllllllllly want a Samsung Galaxy SIII ;_______________________;

Pay higher taxes than you have to, then you'll get back a ton of money next time :)

~*~Celes~*~
02-10-2013, 10:17 AM
we're buying a car :D I got myself a coffee maker and andrew got himself a nice pair of headphones. I'm also going to get my hair did. once we get the car depending on how much we have left over we'll probably invest in a nice stroller for the little guy.

Clo
02-10-2013, 04:21 PM
So, are you all starting a revolution with me or not?

escobert
02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
They usually give me more than I paid in so I can't complain too much :p

Parker
02-10-2013, 11:26 PM
i got a pretty sizable tax return last summer but it sort of slowly leaked away on living costs because I wasn't earning a huge amount at the time.

would have loved to have spent it on a shit-box car and driving lessons

escobert
02-10-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm probably dumping about 1k on a new fish tank and setup

Jowy
02-10-2013, 11:48 PM
gonna be mostly responsible with it and save it. however, i'll spend a little on either a new laptop or a galaxy S3. decisions, decisions...

fire_of_avalon
02-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Bills, bills, bills y'all. I'm actually going to dump it into my student loan debt. Because I don't like being in debt.

Was going to buy a nice DSLR, but decided to be "responsible." Tch.

DMKA
02-10-2013, 11:55 PM
I run a business so I have to pay in every year. I haven't received a tax return for like five years.

I kind of miss it actually. It was nice to get that big hunk of annual money to go waste instead of saving for the future. :p

Shlup
02-11-2013, 12:21 AM
I've ended up owing quite a bit of tax money the last couple of years thanks to my Etsy store. It's poo.

Pike
02-11-2013, 01:24 AM
I actually got some W-2s in the mail for my book sales. It feels pretty great. :)

If I get anything back it's going to savings and bills. Maaaaaaybe a new laptop if the IRS surprises me but I kind of doubt they will.

Raistlin
02-11-2013, 01:28 AM
I may not get much of a return this year because most of my fellowship stipend has not withheld any taxes. Fortunately that should basically be cancelled out by the standard deduction, but it may be a wash.

Pike
02-12-2013, 01:30 AM
So I found out where my W-2 is. It's at work. They called a few hours ago and informed me. I have no idea why they haven't mailed it to me yet. xD

Shiny
02-12-2013, 11:17 PM
My dad got a $12,000 tax refund last year thanks in part to me since he used my W2 from my school. Would be nice to pull in around that. :o

Also foa, totally buy the DSLR anyway.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Saving every penny for a trip i'm taking later this year.