PDA

View Full Version : Rune Factory 4 bitches!

NeoCracker
02-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Rune Factory 4 for Nintendo 3DS | GameStop (http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/rune-factory-4/107845)

For the first time in Rune Factory, you begin play with either gender! There was oceans of time, which allowed you to pick which protaganist, male or female, to continue the game as after the main story ended, but that was different!

Who is excited for this!~

Who is sad because they don't know if they'll have a 3DS to play this game with by then! :D

This guy is sad. :sad:

Xannidel
02-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I have a 3DS but I might wait on this title and try the PS3 Rune Factory game to see if I enjoy it or not. Or maybe it does not matter at all XD

NeoCracker
02-09-2013, 01:02 PM
The PS3 Runefactory isn't really a good reflection on the hand helds. :p

If you want to try a previous one first, go for 3 on the DS. :p

Xannidel
02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
I will take a random guess and say the other 2 RF DS games are more clunkier then the 3rd one and that is why you recommend it? Like the 3rd one is more polished?

NeoCracker
02-09-2013, 01:24 PM
More polished, writings better, and more options then other Rune Factory games. Best of the series by far.

I suggest it over Tides of Destiny, because Tides changed the entire core of how the farming aspect of the game is handled. While this may not be a bad thing, though personally I didn't like it, it won't give you an accurate Idea of what to expect from Rune Factory 4, even if in it's own right it's still a fun game. :p

Xannidel
02-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Heck it's $40 USED on Amazon, maybe a local Gamestop will have it for a little cheaper >.>

NeoCracker
02-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Wow. That a lot. :p

Skyblade
02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
I will take a random guess and say the other 2 RF DS games are more clunkier then the 3rd one and that is why you recommend it? Like the 3rd one is more polished?

I wouldn't say they're clunky.

Rune Factory was a brand new idea, yet even the first one was amazingly well put together.

Rune Factory 2 had a ton of experimentation on the social side, not all of which worked out well. Some of the structuring changes and shifts to the social interactions really didn't work out for the best. Also, I feel like this game has the poorest characterization of the trio.

Rune Factory 3, however, is simply an absolutely phenomenal game. Its gameplay changes all work flawlessly, the world is great, the characters are lovable, the story is intriguing. It is a great, great game.

The story of the RF games is only loosely interconnected by a recurring theme and a few recurring characters. The worlds share a mythology and history that definitely connects, and from that a fan would have a good idea of what's coming next: Fourth dragon, Ventuswill, dragon god of Wind, baby!

But you don't need to play the others to enjoy RF3, and you should play RF3, as it is one of the best games on the DS. Its skill system is incredible, similar to Skyrim's, but better executed. Its characters are nearly all brilliant, and all have an incredible level of detail put into them (as in, each potential marriage candidate actually has an entire sub-story that plays out after you marry them of how their married life is going, and how they're relating to the changes in the town, even though you can only marry one character per save file, and these stories take months, if not longer, to tell).

Really, play RF3, it's fantastic.

And I am so psyched about RF4. Bring it on!