PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay & Story Segregation

Forsaken Lover
02-09-2013, 05:43 PM
The Sabin/Zell thread inspired this.

What gameplay moves just don't make any damn sense? They're nice and flashy and look cool but they're totally at odds with the story.

I remember if you fight on the Highwind in FFVII you can still summon and pretty much destroy huge chunks of the airship.
...only it'll be fine as soon as the animation is over.

VeloZer0
02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Hell, any location you summon BahamutZERO on in FF7 would be a smoking crater, and just imagine if it was indoors.

I had a hard time reconciling how awesome summons were in FMV in FF9 compared to how relatively weak they were when you got a hold of them.

How Yuna can summon an Aeon to fly on yet you have to walk all the damn way to Zanarkand.

Wolf Kanno
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
InNHB9J0eqs

SmvmlBbb86w

Seriously...

Forsaken Lover
02-09-2013, 10:56 PM
And I totally forgot about how lethal guns are in cutscenes vs. gameplay. FFX has a particularly egregious example of this when the party wades through about five waves of gun-wielding Warrior Monks before they are finally stopped by...a few gun-wielding Warrior Monks.

Mercen-X
02-10-2013, 04:29 AM
Cid's Highwind LIMIT while fighting Ultima aboard the Highwind.

Heath
02-10-2013, 04:37 PM
Cloud masquerading as a first class member of SOLDIER at the start of FFVII. He's a pussycat compared to the actual SOLDIER First Class in game. Yet no one thinks Cloud might be embellishing his actual abilities somewhat...