PDA

View Full Version : Article: Confirmed Additional Content Available for Early Beta Phases in Final Fantasy XIV

Ouch!
02-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Community rep Bayohne confirmed today that because early phases of beta are still in Gridania (like the alpha), normally that would restrict players to selecting a class with its guild headquartered in Gridania (Archer, Lancer, Conjurer).

However, due to content requiring a proper tank which will be available in the first two phases, such as the level 25 dungeon, players will be able to unlock gladiator.

Greetings everyone,

I've updated the original post in this thread to clarify my original statement. While normally you would only be able to play as the classes available in Gridania, please note that as a special exception during Beta Test phase 1 & 2, players will be able to complete specific objectives to unlock the gladiator class. Tanks will be very much needed for content like instanced raids (the level 25 dungeon in particular) and as such the dev. team has made them available for usage!

Eagle-eyed posters already spotted some gladiators in our most recent blog post, too.

I had been under the impression that all classes would be available before the third stage of the alpha, but given that a good chunk of the early content in the game is class-specific content (which in Alpha was a class storyline quest every five levels, which provided class-specific items, usually new weapons), if we're still limited to Gridania until the third phase of the beta when we can import our 1.x characters, it would make sense that we don't get access to the other jobs.

Still, it's good to hear that there's going to be plenty of content requiring a full-party set-up. Between gladiator, lancer, archer, and conjurer, you can put together a well-rounded team. Also good to hear confirmation that the level 25 dungeon would be included (Alpha only featured Tam-Tara Deepcroft, which was level 15; I never did a run while I was messing around in Alpha, but I heard good things about it).

Source: FFXIV Official Forums (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/60225-Simply-question-about-Beta-phase-1?p=957161#post957161)

Raistlin
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
More content is always good news! I promoted this to the frontsite, with some minor edits.

Aulayna
02-10-2013, 06:01 PM
WTB access to beta.

Xannidel
02-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Can't wait to give this game a shot on my PS3.

Loony BoB
02-11-2013, 12:29 PM
The waiting is horrible. I just want to play it now! Arrrrrgh.

Xannidel
02-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Just give me the PS3 beta and that should hold me until the next Defiance beta.

Mirage
02-11-2013, 01:16 PM
WTB access to beta.

How much are you offering? :)

50 bucks and i'll give you my SE account login to play around with.