02-12-2013, 02:40 PM
:vivi:

No competition.

Jinx
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Lulu puts the BLACK in black magic.

Formalhaut
02-12-2013, 05:25 PM
I think Lulu really incapsulated the "spirit" of a black mage. She had a venom tongue, especially towards Wakka. She's slightly condescending to some people, her hair is all mystical and everything with those pins, and she carries a voodoo doll.

They clearly styled her with voodoo in mind in FFX, and I loved it. I also like the belts too. That was very bondage.

Lulu just felt right as a modern black mage. It'd be like having Yuna be a black mage. It doesn't feel quite right. Lulu, just from looking at her, was THE black mage. And she needs no pointy hat to do it as well.

TrollHunter
02-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Lulu, because she can even use magic to prevent a baby growing inside of her from making her look any different whatsoever
Its almost like they used her exact same character model!!!

Formalhaut
02-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Lulu, because she can even use magic to prevent a baby growing inside of her from making her look any different whatsoever

To be fair, she was a slightly frumpy woman in the first place, so it's not as if she would have ballooned like Yuna would if she was pregnant.

Jinx
02-12-2013, 06:09 PM

To be fair, she was a slightly frumpy woman in the first place, so it's not as if she would have ballooned like Yuna would if she was pregnant.

Lulu isn't frumpy!

DownDiagonalLeftA
02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
The one who was raised by Leviathan and Asura.

Wolf Kanno
02-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Vivi, cause he had a compelling story, a nice personality, was a mean force of nature in battle and he totally gave the Orko-vibe like the original Black Mage.

Bolivar
02-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Blue outfit with blonde-spikey-hair instead of a yellow-pointy-hat, I'm rocking with Mr. Lightning & Ice - Cloud.

Raistlin
02-13-2013, 12:20 AM
It's a tough choice between Rydia and Vivi, so I just went with the 8-bit Theater version for shits and giggles.

Forsaken Lover
02-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Rikku makes a pretty sexy Black Mage in X-2.

maybee
02-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Can't choose between Vivi, Lulu and Vivi.:kaodizzy:

Rostum
02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I almost picked Shantotto, but Vivi is amazing.

Pumpkin
02-14-2013, 03:45 AM
Vivi. This isn't even a question.

Tigmafuzz
02-14-2013, 06:47 AM
Can't choose between Vivi, Lulu and Vivi.:kaodizzy:

I know :( I just... had to go with Vivi.

I'M SO SORRY LULU DON'T KILL ME

Elly
02-14-2013, 11:03 AM
has to be LuLu, she made Black Mages usefull as opposed to previous BMs thst ran out of MP just a few yards out of the last town by casting spells that barely do any damage at all... before her Black Magick Attacks were insultingly underpowered and way too expensive to cast consistantly...

Jinx
02-14-2013, 03:17 PM
has to be LuLu, she made Black Mages usefull as opposed to previous BMs thst ran out of MP just a few yards out of the last town by casting spells that barely do any damage at all... before her Black Magick Attacks were insultingly underpowered and way too expensive to cast consistantly...

Lulu's terribly lacking usefulness after, say, Macalania.

She's just an awesome character.

Formalhaut
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Lulu's terribly lacking usefulness after, say, Macalania.

I disagree, my Lulu was my most powerful damage dealer, tying or perhaps even besting Auron when it came to raw damage. Sure, her defence is lacking somewhat, but that doesn't overlook the fact that Flare can just destroy bosses. I used Lulu, like, all the time for major boss battles. When I'm just traversing an area with weak enemies, I don't need to waste her MP as much.

The only character I didn't really used was Kimahri, actually.

Del Murder
02-21-2013, 04:44 AM
Come on. Vivi has the original black mage design, except cuter. His story is also very deep and emotional. He's also a pretty strong caster.

Lulu was the most useful black mage though, since there were a lot of enemies in FFX that only she could damage.