PDA

View Full Version : brought to tears

qwertysaur
02-12-2013, 03:20 PM
What games have brought you to tears? For any reason, be it an emotionally charged scene, or getting a game over one second before beating a really hard boss.

The ending of Persona 3 was one for me.

Quindiana Jones
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Lost Odyssey, when Kaim regains his memories. :'(

Night Fury
02-12-2013, 03:31 PM
The ending of FFVIII because it was OVER D:

That bit in FFX when Yuna just falls through Tidus... D:

Jinx
02-12-2013, 03:32 PM

Seconded.

Rantz
02-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Civilization IV, because I was staring at the screen too long.

Pike
02-12-2013, 05:23 PM
Pokemon Red because my save file was deleted.

Morrowind because of this comic (http://theminttu.tumblr.com/post/42860951420/drawn-while-listening-to-this).

Karifean
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Seconded.

Thirded.

Araciel
02-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Duckhunt.

Xannidel
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Final Fantasy VIII because of the ending was so nice, mainly Laguna's part.
Final Fantasy XIII because of the ending and it was mainly Sazh's bit that made me tear up because of how caught up I was with his part in the story.
Phoenix Wright T&T ending, the music along with the dialog and the final 2 pictures just did it for me.

Wolf Kanno
02-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Seconded.

Thirded.

I actually laughed when that happened...:D

Slothy
02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
The Walking Dead. Do not read this next part unless you want the ending spoiled for you. I am dead serious (no pun intended).

I broke down in tears at the end when Clem had to kill me.

Sephex
02-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Same here with The Walking Dead, but I couldn't finish it because my save randomly got messed up. I plan on going through it again soon. For those curious, I'll just say something in chapter 3 had my eyes watering.

Bolivar
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
FFVI, Locke's sidequest dealing with Rachel. FFVIII I think.

The end of Valkyria Chronicles 2.

I can't believe I'm not the only one!!!
Seconded.

Thirded.

Jowy
02-12-2013, 10:09 PM
how many times do i have to keep posting this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvKGqNWKhxk)

Pete for President
02-14-2013, 08:25 AM

I can't believe I'm not the only one!!!
Seconded.

Thirded.

Quadrupled.

black orb
02-14-2013, 09:03 AM
>>> A shameful "game over" bring me to tears these days..:luca:

Aulayna
02-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Nothing. I'm an emotional rock and nothing moves me.

The bit in Al'Bhed Home where Tidus finds out Yuna will die if she performs the Final Summoning.

Aerith's death.

When my dog in Skyrim got killed. He was a lunatic, but a lovable lunatic.

Mordin's sacrifice. What a hero.

Loony BoB
02-14-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm an emotional rock and nothing moves me.
is exactly what Seto would say if he could talk. Seto / Red XIII in FFVII is the closest I have come to tears in a game, by which I mean I've never felt sadder about something in a video game. But no, I don't really get teary eyed over anything that isn't directly affecting my life (ie, breakups, deaths, missing family).

Pike
02-14-2013, 10:57 AM
When my dog in Skyrim got killed. He was a lunatic, but a lovable lunatic.

This is what reloading is for. :shobon:

Shauna
02-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Mordin's sacrifice. What a hero.

Jesus yes. Also Thane. ;_______;

FFX end also kicked me in the feels.

Pheesh
02-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Kingdom Hearts when Sora uses the Keyblade on himself and KH2 at the end of Roxas's prologue.

Also agreeing with the FFX part people mentioned.

Night Fury
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
OMG PRETTY MUCH ANY DEATH IN GREY'S ANATOMY KILLS ME.

Xannidel
02-14-2013, 02:28 PM
Also forgot Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective's ending when...it turns out that you are not playing as the man in red with yellow hair but as a CAT that was mistakenly killed by Lynne who was manipulated by Yomiel. Because Sissel's body was in a cat carrier he thought he was Yomiel. Also Sissel was named after Yomiel's fiance who killed herself.

Loony BoB
02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
They made a Grey's Anatomy video game?

Night Fury
02-14-2013, 02:54 PM
They made a Grey's Anatomy video game?

Nope.
This is me getting threads mixed up again. :lol: NEVERMIND.

Shauna
02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Well... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey%27s_Anatomy:_The_Video_Game)

Loony BoB
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh, wow. The more you know.

Shauna
02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
It is sad that I knew this off the top of my head. :( Another thing gaming related that brings me to tears. Think I saw it in HMV or something. xD

Bubba
02-14-2013, 04:50 PM
I cried after defeating one of the Colossi in Shadow of the Colossus.

However, this is only because I stood on a plug in my bare feet after doing a little celebratory dance...

Chris
02-14-2013, 08:14 PM
The Longest Journey and Syberia. They still do. :whimper:

The Man
02-14-2013, 08:27 PM
FFVI, Locke's sidequest dealing with Rachel.This.

There were probably a couple other moments as well, but I can't remember what they were now. Uematsu's music no doubt contributed to any of them that were Final Fantasy-related though.

Bolivar
02-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I think it's when that theme kicks in when they're in the house with her is the exact moment.

The Man
02-15-2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah, definitely.

Another good one I just remembered is the sequence with the flute in LttP. Again, the music was a large part of the reason why.

Jinx
02-15-2013, 01:53 AM
Oh my god. Zelda. How could I forget.

The ending of OoT when Zelda sends Link back to his time, and then it shows them meeting in the garden again.

(I've always taken this to mean that's they're in a never ending cycle of unhappiness.) :(

Jowy
02-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Link dies in the Lost Woods and teaches you sword arts in Twilight Princess.

Pike
02-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh my god. Zelda. How could I forget.

The ending of OoT when Zelda sends Link back to his time, and then it shows them meeting in the garden again.

(I've always taken this to mean that's they're in a never ending cycle of unhappiness.) :(

The part where Navi flies away I couldn't stand her the entire game but then that happened and it hit me like a ton of bricks oh my god

Cloudane
02-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Still not finished XIII-2, if we could keep any spoilers about that tagged, please and thank you.

Lost Odyssey, when Kaim regains his memories. :'(

Yep 1000 times this, Lost Odyssey is just... the most emotional game I've ever played, I was basically crying all the way through it. WHAT a game. :cry:

And then FF, I don't think there's one that hasn't brought me to tears at some point.

FFVI: It's been a long time since I played it so I don't remember everything, but I remember a moment with Cyan spotting his kids on the death train, and that tearing a hole in my heart (along with discovering their deaths in the first place)
FFVII: Learning about Elmyra's history; when Nanaki learns the truth about his father Seto (practically end up howling myself when he does); Aeris's death; Cloud's true story; etc....
FFVIII: Squall's flashbacks of being alone; Squall finding the hard way that he does care about people when Rinoa goes into a coma; Fujin lowering her voice in sadness when telling Seifer he's gone too far and isn't the friend she knew; and the ending ;__;
FFIX: The destruction of Lindblum and Alexandria in particular; the death of Brahne where she finally realises what she's become; the ending narration and subsequent death of Vivi, this may be the saddest thing ever, he's just so sweet and innocent and cute and lovable and waaaaah ;________;
FFX: The failure of Operation Mi'Ihen and death of Luzzu or Gatta; the scenes in Home where Tidus learns about the fate of Yuna; the fading of Tidus (Yuna running through him and falling, telling him she loves him); the destruction of Sin (happy/proud tears, this is the most I've felt "there with the crowd" in any FF game, very emotional moment)
FFX-2: Yuna following the moogle around Luca being shown flashbacks of her and Tidus's memories together; the song in the Thunder Plains; the flashbacks of Shuyin and Lenne being killed; the final reconciliation and fading of the two during the end game fights; triggering the whistles in the farplane with Yuna; happy tears for the reunion at the end {apart from the first playthrough when I missed the objectives}
FFXII: Okay, I did struggle to feel anything with this one. Um, the massacre at Mt. Bur-ormisace (sp?) maybe and I think there was something with Basche in the ending.
FFXIII: Death of Hope's mom; Hope finally confronting his anger with Snow and moving forward with his grieving; Sazh's breakdown and suicide attempt; the "loss" of Fang and Vanille; happy tears at the decrystallisation and reunion of Sazh and his kid, Serah and Snow, and Lightning smiling and giving them her blessing

CimminyCricket
02-15-2013, 03:57 PM
A few of the Mass Effect 3 deaths really got me going. ;_;

Denmark
02-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Link dies in the Lost Woods and teaches you sword arts in Twilight Princess.

everybody, stalfos

and majora's mask which happens after this is link going through the 5 stages of grief: clock town (denial), woodfall (anger), snowhead (bargaining), great bay (depression), ikana (acceptance)

Seconded.

Thirded.

I actually laughed when that happened...:D

HA HA HA HA HA HA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc)

Jinx
02-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Link died in the Lost Woods? Is that the theory?

NeoCracker
02-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Not tears exactly, but close. Record of the Agarest War, when you are near the end of Thoma's generation and, through his sheepish smile, you finally hear about his feelings and reasons for being the way he was. And it was so sad to see him go off to fulfil his destiny as all the others. ;_;